Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrMartyBarrett

Rubby de la Rosa - SP BOS

2010 Dodgers minor league Pitcher of the Year (2.37 ERA 110 IP 94 K).

Young kid last year learning to harness his stuff. Had some time in big league camp this spring, and had great results ( 19.2 IP 2.29 ERA 16K ), and drew rave reviews from Dodgers' staff.

He has started 1 game so far in AA. 5 IP, 9K. Now I'm not saying this guy is the next big thing by any stretch, but he certainly bears watching. Dodgers are high on him, and certainy could use a young impact arm in their rotation next season. He throws in the mid-high 90's with great complimentary stuff. Couple that with improving control and good ground ball ratios, and you've got a winner here.

There have been talks that even though he is in the minors as an SP that he may become a closer for the Dodgers.... just something to consider going forward

I was going to tout him but noticed a topic was already made. I LOVE RDLR. I cannot stress how much I love this guy, he has the potential to be a top of the rotation stud, especially if he can cut the walks. I heard he dialed it up to triple digits in his last start as well. I can see him ranked as a top-30 prospect come next year.

I was going to tout him but noticed a topic was already made. I LOVE RDLR. I cannot stress how much I love this guy, he has the potential to be a top of the rotation stud, especially if he can cut the walks. I heard he dialed it up to triple digits in his last start as well. I can see him ranked as a top-30 prospect come next year.

Good stuff I can't believe I havent heard about this guy. Keep us updated. They view him a starter long term or back of the bullpen guy?

Good stuff I can't believe I havent heard about this guy. Keep us updated. They view him a starter long term or back of the bullpen guy?

Jury is still out. If he can stretch out and go deeper into games (more than 5-6 innings so far) I think he will stick in the rotation.

Another quality start for him yesterday.

7IP

1R

0ER

2H

3BB

and a no decision. On the year now:

2-1

34.1 IP

26H

12BB

There have been talks that even though he is in the minors as an SP that he may become a closer for the Dodgers.... just something to consider going forward

His stuff is to good to waste as a closer. They need him more in the rotation. Similar to Neftali Feliz situation. The Rangers would love to see him in the rotation because his stuff is so good. Its a waste of talent pitching a few innings a week. The dodgers have other options in the minors that can take the closer role at some point in the future. Maybe they bring him up as a reliever which is possible. But hes projected as a top of the rotation type pitcher. And the Dodgers need another consistent SP. By the way he and matt moore faced off yesterday. They both pitched really well in a 2-1 game that favored Moore. Would like to have seen that matchup but thats something to look foward to in the future. Though it would have to be in interleague play unless its the playoffs or something changes.

His stuff is to good to waste as a closer. They need him more in the rotation. Similar to Neftali Feliz situation. The Rangers would love to see him in the rotation because his stuff is so good. Its a waste of talent pitching a few innings a week. The dodgers have other options in the minors that can take the closer role at some point in the future. Maybe they bring him up as a reliever which is possible. But hes projected as a top of the rotation type pitcher. And the Dodgers need another consistent SP. By the way he and matt moore faced off yesterday. They both pitched really well in a 2-1 game that favored Moore. Would like to have seen that matchup but thats something to look foward to in the future. Though it would have to be in interleague play unless its the playoffs or something changes.

If he can harness his control, he'll stay in the rotation. That's the only hurdle he has imo. WOuld have to say so far so good for this year.

So tonight he was looking to bounce back from a miserable outing.

However, 2 IP, 1 H, 5K....and then was taken out of the game. Can't find anything yet on it, but to be pulled that early? Bears monitoring.

Checking the play by play-he grounded into a double play in the bottom of the 2nd, and did not come back out in the top of the 3rd....

But there's always the possibility that there's a call up waiting....or so the broadcast would lead you to believe.

Checking the play by play-he grounded into a double play in the bottom of the 2nd, and did not come back out in the top of the 3rd....

But there's always the possibility that there's a call up waiting....or so the broadcast would lead you to believe.

No spot in the rotation, but the bullpen is devasted with injuries. Could be called up to help out the pen?

Maybe he is going to take Garland's spot in the rotation.

Maybe if he got injured, but it's hard for me to believe they'd bump him out of the rotation. Garland got blown up today, but overall, he's been pretty good. It's always a plus that the #5 SP of the staff is able to eat a lot of innings especially when the bullpen is so banged up.

Maybe if he got injured, but it's hard for me to believe they'd bump him out of the rotation. Garland got blown up today, but overall, he's been pretty good. It's always a plus that the #5 SP of the staff is able to eat a lot of innings especially when the bullpen is so banged up.

There are some rumors about Garland having a really bad blister. Could miss his next start.

So tonight he was looking to bounce back from a miserable outing.

However, 2 IP, 1 H, 5K....and then was taken out of the game. Can't find anything yet on it, but to be pulled that early? Bears monitoring.

The story from the Dodgers is that they want to limit RDLR's innings early on so that there might be a possibility for a late-season call-up.... who knows if this is true or just spin doctor-ism

Future Closer?

I'd hate to seee it, because I firmly believe RDLR has top of the rotation stuff. But it's a possibility.

However, if Kenley Jansen figures it out for good soon, it's likely Jansen's job for a while.

Haven't seen a thread for him since his Tommy John surgery and the trade to Boston. This fireballer has been getting back his pre-TJ mojo of late, with no earned runs in his last 18 IP over 5 appearances, including 22 Ks during that stretch. They're monitoring his pitch count very carefully, but starting to give him a longer leash each time out. His command has been so-so, but apparently he's showing more maturity and becoming more of a pitcher than a pure thrower. The velocity still seems to be there, dialing it up to 97-98 when he needs it but sitting at 93-94 consistently.

Has anyone actually seen Rubby pitch recently? Does he still have potential top-of-the-rotation upside? Got him stashed in a dynasty league, and have been wondering if he's worth holding onto.

I'm def interested in this guy too.. if everything goes well with his reham when is it likely he gets called up? End of this yr? Next yr?

Possibly gettin called up tomorrow.. worth the scoop up? and more importantly will he stay up?

I just don't think he will stay up. If he does I will be all over him I have been a fan of his since his call up with the Dodgers. Whose spot would he take?

It'll only be for a spot start if they do decide to call him up. The SP they were going to start on Wednesday, Morales, was used last night in the extra inning game so they need an arm come Wed, thats all. Rubby went 5 innings on Saturday, and with the kid gloves they're handling him with, and it being only 4 days rest, I doubt he'll be the one they call on, but you never know, Webster is another option.

Personally, I hope they wait on calling on him until at least after the ASB, he needs to ramp up his innings pitched per game, Saturday was the first time he's gone 5 innings to date.