Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrMartyBarrett

Rubby de la Rosa - SP BOS

It'll only be for a spot start if they do decide to call him up. The SP they were going to start on Wednesday, Morales, was used last night in the extra inning game so they need an arm come Wed, thats all. Rubby went 5 innings on Saturday, and with the kid gloves they're handling him with, and it being only 4 days rest, I doubt he'll be the one they call on, but you never know, Webster is another option.

Personally, I hope they wait on calling on him until at least after the ASB, he needs to ramp up his innings pitched per game, Saturday was the first time he's gone 5 innings to date.

I agree. I don't really want to see him get the call to just pitch a few innings (which will most likely be the case) I think he will be up later this year at somepoint though.

I really like his outlook starting next year, should be fully recovered and ready to show off his new arm. Always loved his potential, been stashing him in one dynasty and a keeper, but would rather they keep with the kid gloves.

I really like his outlook starting next year, should be fully recovered and ready to show off his new arm. Always loved his potential, been stashing him in one dynasty and a keeper, but would rather they keep with the kid gloves.

He has a lot of potential. You could almost see it a few years ago that he was on the cusp of being a complete stud, and then the injury happened. I think if he can stay healthy and take his time coming up again Boston will have an ace.

Same here. Been stashing him on my team for over a year now. The fastball/changeup combo is filthy and his slider has been coming along very well. Agreed that I hope Boston continues to take things slowly with him

Pedro worked with him developing his curve, so if he picked it up, you know it's going to be a knee buckler.

On another note, Aceves has been named the starter for Wednesday so we won't see Rubby, .....yet.

Pedro worked with him developing his curve, so if he picked it up, you know it's going to be a knee buckler.

On another note, Aceves has been named the starter for Wednesday so we won't see Rubby, .....yet.

I Think this is for the best honestly. Also it might keep the hype down a little on him.

Dang made the add in two leagues just on the thought. Might have to hold since ive showed hand now.

Just a FYI, Rumor mill has him being " considered" for a spot start in one of the 2 games of the dbl header on Tuesday, June 18th vs TB.

While I personally hope they do not call him for this start, in order for him to continue getting fully stretched out in a controlled environment, we might finally get a preview of his stuff if he does indeed get the call.

Gotta admit, I'm a little excited at the possibility of finally seeing him in game action. Show my league mates why I stashed him in the first place, and held on to him all this time.

edit: After posting this, I read that Buchholz might get his start pushed to Tuesday due to lingering neck pain. A lot of circumstances now come into play as to whether or not Rubby gets called, and when. Stand by........

Highly doubt he sticks. they've made their intentions clear on how they want to handle him this year, baby glove treatment.

Depending on the health of the rotation in the 2nd half, perhaps he gets a call, but they do have other options in Webster, Barnes and Aceves. I'd love to see him come up later and cement a spot, but nothing is certain.

With the Sox playing 27 innings in the last 2 games and Buchholz's nagging injury, they are hurting for arms. Its possible he gets a spot start very soon.

Just got called up for BP depth.

He can't be up for more than a few games, right? He is still making his way to getting stretched out, this will only hurt his development if he stays up as a reliever. I'd expect him back down by mid-week at the latest.

agree, however, there has been mention of him possibly starting one of the double header games on Tuesday vs TB, but I don't see him up for too long. Either way, going to be nice to actually see what he has to offer.

Yeah saw the Tuesday start as well.

I hope they don't need him for relief, cuz If they do need him for relief this weekend, it'll negate any chance he has to make a spot start on Tuesday. I'd like to see him as a starter., selfish, I know, but thats where I want him.

Allen Webster has inside track over Rubby De La Rosa

by Jeff Lippman | CBSSports.com

(08:36 pm ET) With Clay Buchholz going on the disabled list, the Red Sox need a starter for Saturday at Detroit, the Boston Globe reports. The two names associated with the spot start have been Rubby De La Rosa and Allen Webster.

Webster seems the more likely option because De La Rosa would have to replace a player going on the disabled list if he gets the call.

Had a great start on Saturday where he went deeper in the game and pitched very well. Could it be possible when Buchholz's spot comes up again that Rubby gets a shot to start? I believe possibly Thursday?

7 ip 1 hit. 7K 0BB 0ER. Good line but he has walked 25 in 50 Triple A innings this year. We all know that won't translate well to the big leagues. I think until his command improves, he will struggle a little in the big leagues.

Possibly a call up? Lester hurting and Clay wont be back til Mid July.... Lets see how bad is Lester injury...

Guess it depends on what the injury is to Lester, but if he does get his chance, I think he'll prove worthy in smaller leagues if he can harness the control. No doubt he has the stuff, but control is the last thing to return following TJ.

Been waiting a long time to seeing this kid in the rotation, I think he's ready, just too bad it has to come at the expense of someone else due to injury and not performance.

Here's hoping Lester is OK.

He started tonight for Pawtucket. Won the ball game.

He went 5 2/3 IP, 6 H, 0 BB, 0 ER, 0 R, 6 K's

92 pitches thrown and 56 were thrown for strikes.

The encouraging thing here is that he didn't walk anyone. He is getting stretched out and is almost throwing 100 pitches. I think his time is close. His last 2 starts he hasn't walked anyone and he has 13 K's.

He started tonight for Pawtucket. Won the ball game.

He went 5 2/3 IP, 6 H, 0 BB, 0 ER, 0 R, 6 K's

92 pitches thrown and 56 were thrown for strikes.

The encouraging thing here is that he didn't walk anyone. He is getting stretched out and is almost throwing 100 pitches. I think his time is close. His last 2 starts he hasn't walked anyone and he has 13 K's.

This is GREAT to see, especially for upper management. I think his time is close as well.

He's slated for the start on Tuesday. Hopefully he can continue rolling and also build up his pitch count and make the Sox notice that he should be in that rotation.

The real question is, after the ASB when Buchholz is healthy, would he have a rotation spot?

He's slated for the start on Tuesday. Hopefully he can continue rolling and also build up his pitch count and make the Sox notice that he should be in that rotation.

The real question is, after the ASB when Buchholz is healthy, would he have a rotation spot?

Source?