Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrMartyBarrett

Rubby de la Rosa - SP BOS

I believe he meant that Rubby will start for Pawtucket not the Sox

I believe he meant that Rubby will start for Pawtucket not the Sox

Yes, that is what I meant, he is starting for Pawtucket on Tuesday.

Why only three innings tonight? Pitch limit? He was at 75.

The lower pitch count and the short innings pitched are encouraging, but what is encouraging is that he had 5 K's and 0 BB! Although he did hit 3 batters...

He is also being seriously considered by upper management for the bullpen this season which isn't good news to those who have him stashed as a SP. This comes from a beat reporter and not just from some call-in rumor mill stuff.

Mgt realizes that if they go through with this move it will mean that they only have a small window to change their mind or have to go through the whole stretching him out thing from scratch. But the discussions are going on with a view to him possibly being Boston's future closer down the road. A lot depends on whether or not they go after a closer like Pappelbon seriously in the next few weeks and/or land one period.

So if the Sox do pick up a closer, especially one with more years on his contract, la Rosa may remain a SP period. If not, he may end up in the pen sooner then later.

Just got the call. Said he'll work in middle relief for now. We finally get to see what we have here, auditioning for next years' rotation?

I for 1 am excited, even though his numbers in the minors are uninspiring, the raw talent is there. Let's hope he can put it all together.

I love this Kid, but there's just no room for him right now to start. Nor is there really next year. All of Boston's starters are under contract through next season. Lester, Lackey, Dempster, Peavy, Buchholz, and even Doubront (granted-Lester is a club option, and the way he's thrown maybe they don't do it). Hard for me to believe there will be room for him to start, at least initially. Still, there's lost of reason to be excited about him.

I love this Kid, but there's just no room for him right now to start. Nor is there really next year. All of Boston's starters are under contract through next season. Lester, Lackey, Dempster, Peavy, Buchholz, and even Doubront (granted-Lester is a club option, and the way he's thrown maybe they don't do it). Hard for me to believe there will be room for him to start, at least initially. Still, there's lost of reason to be excited about him.

Between TJ and his command issues he should probably start next season in the minors. I could see a call up to pitch out of the bullpen the latter part of next year before having a fulltime rotation spot in 2015.

Between TJ and his command issues he should probably start next season in the minors. I could see a call up to pitch out of the bullpen the latter part of next year before having a fulltime rotation spot in 2015.

Sox have a ton of good, young arms in the system as well. It'll be interesting to see how they handle all of them. Workman (surprised), Webster (not as bad as he's been), Barnes, Ranaudo, and Owens. All of them are (in my mind) viable big league starters, and should be very good for years. De la Rosa is my favorite of the bunch, and I just am eager to see him succeed.

Just curious but why de la Rosa over Barnes?

De la Rosa has relieving experience....and more importantly is on the 40-man roster. Barnes is not.

De la Rosa has relieving experience....and more importantly is on the 40-man roster. Barnes is not.

Sorry I should have clarified why is de la Rosa your favorite over Barnes?

Sorry I should have clarified why is de la Rosa your favorite over Barnes?

I've seen Barnes since his days at UConn, and think he'll be a good one. I just don't see him as having 'ace' stuff. De la Rosa has tantalizing stuff, and I truly think he'll be elite at whatever they ask him to do. If he's a starter, i think he'll be a 1 or 2. Worst case scenario, I think he's a closer for them in 2015.

Dude is feelin' it in Pawtucket right now. 22 IP 21 K's 1.19 ERA. Only 4 BB's too .65 WHIP... Badow

Loved this guy when he came up with the Dodgers in '11. Will definitely be keeping an eye on him. In that 2011 jug of coffee he had a 8.9 K/9, 3.71 ERA, 3.87 FIP, 3.55 xFIP. The one thing he did not do was limit the walks with a 4.28 BB/9 1.40 WHIP. Looks like he is doing that this season with only a 1.59 BB/9 0.66 WHIP in AAA.

I'd definitely put him on the watch list and add him to the back end of your staff if/when he gets called up to start.

With Doubront sucking again I'm keeping a very close watch on RdlR.

With Doubront sucking again I'm keeping a very close watch on RdlR.

Yeah he's dealing. Pitching much better than both Webster and Ranaudo as well. He's on my radar in my AL league, my staff is struggling.

Another pretty good outing 6 ip 1 ER, but gave up 4 hits and 4 BB's. I just hate owning guys who can't throw strikes and this guy seems to walk 3-4 batters per game. His era is around 2.5, but I don't think his style is sustainable in the majors. Anyone have insight on the situation? He has a high 90's fastball right?

RDLR does throw high 90's, and up to triple digits from time to time....but the knock on him has always been his command. I'd love to see him as a starter for the Sox, but in the end, I'm unsure if he's ever to sustain that. I hope I'm wrong, as I've been all in on him for years, but with so many impact arms in their system....I'm unsure of his future.

So who thinks it's RUBBY time?! Doubront headed to the DL

Farrell named Workman and Webster as possible fill ins, didn't mention Rubby.

Jake Peavy Struggling ,Clay loosing his spot & Felix on DL... What you guys think? Still Workman and Webster?

Another 6 IP Shutout... Here is the link.

Jake Peavy Struggling ,Clay loosing his spot & Felix on DL... What you guys think? Still Workman and Webster?

Another 6 IP Shutout... Here is the link.

Also He is schedule to start on 30th i think... Clay is schedule to start the game on 31st. So Lets see.. Either him or Webster will be pitching on Saturday.