Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teamshameless

The Rules are Simple!

- If you want to participate, just reply to this thread with the player you think should be ranked next on the draft list

- Rank the nba players based on a Single-Season, Traditional 9-catagory Fantasy League (either H2H or Roto)

- Each player needs 5 votes to be ranked (1-36), 4 votes to be ranked (37-84), and 3 votes to be ranked (84+)

- If you are the final deciding voter for a particular player, it's your duty to start the next thread, name it "#2" or "#18" or whichever # the NEXT pick is. in the body of the thread, copy/paste these directions along with an updated rankings list!

- You can vote ON BEHALF of others! Just cite a previous thread where any member voted for a player, and you can carry over thier vote to make the process faster! (please be specific when doing this). This also means you should be careful who you vote for, any of your votes can be quoted and used against you later!

1. Marion

2. Kobe

3. KG

I'm going to have to say Lebron here, because I think it's more likely he'll improve his FT% than it is that Gilbert will shoot for a higher FG% this year.

Lebron - 3

Arenas - 2

Why does anyone like Arenas? Low FG %, tiny assists, low boards, high TOs, good amount of points. Just not too much to like here, I prefer my guards to shoot over 45 percent, at least..

Vote's to Dirk Nowitski.

25 PPG, 10 RPB, 1.5 BPG, add in a steal and a three with stellar FT % and you my fourth pick.

Well, he obviously scores a ton (28 ppg last year), his rebounds are not bad at all for a PG (4.5 rpg), and his assists, while not up to par with Nash and the like, is still pretty good (6 apg). His field goal percentage is indeed poor but he is a FT% assassin, as he makes 8 of them a game at an 84.4% clip.

But his best attributes are obviously his scoring, his ability to steal the ball (1.9 per game), and his ability to make three-pointers (2.8 per game). The scoring ranked 3rd, the three-pointers 3rd, and his steals 5th.

Agree, markdash, plus, last year he shot a poor 0.418 FG%, but the year before he was better from the field (0.447), so why can't he just get a little better?

His dip in FG% came in february (less than 35% for the month), when with Jamison out and Butler missing games when still not at 100% he had to overcome double and triple teams in every play. Had he shot 42% for the month, his overall FG% would have gone up close to 43% for the season. I don't think that something close to 44% is out of his way, and you know you have to pay a toll for someone who gives you between 2.5 and 3.0 threes per game.

shameless! you thief! =P jk

i'm curious how these are gonna compare to fanball forum's list (the original annual pre-season ranking game =P)

shameless! you thief! =P jk

i'm curious how these are gonna compare to fanball forum's list (the original annual pre-season ranking game =P)

Are you abstaining?

LBJ, I bet he steps it up even another notch after last year's 82 games and playoffs, he wants it more.

Agree, markdash, plus, last year he shot a poor 0.418 FG%, but the year before he was better from the field (0.447), so why can't he just get a little better?

His dip in FG% came in february (less than 35% for the month), when with Jamison out and Butler missing games when still not at 100% he had to overcome double and triple teams in every play. Had he shot 42% for the month, his overall FG% would have gone up close to 43% for the season. I don't think that something close to 44% is out of his way, and you know you have to pay a toll for someone who gives you between 2.5 and 3.0 threes per game.

Yea, called Ray Allen a whole round or so after.

Ok, let's compare Allen vs Arenas:

FG%: 0.438 - 0.418

FT%: 0.903 - 0.844 (309 - 718 FTA, important stat, here)

3PM: 3.0 - 2.8

REB: 4.5 - 4.6

AST: 4.1 - 6.0

STL: 1.5 - 1.9

PTS: 26.4 - 28.4

Plus, Allen is not getting younger, and has two of his last four seasons playing only around 55 games out of 82.

Not only my rater has Arenas ahead of Allen (not a full round, of course), but also basketball monster has him 3rd and Allen 8th for last season based in averages. When you switch to totals, Arenas is 4th, while Allen falls to 36th.

By the way, Dirk is 7th in averages and 5th in totals, and i think you should take another look at his stats, because last year he was more like 0.7 steals and 0.8 blocks than 1.0 steal and 1.5 blocks per game. And that's a significant difference in fantasy basketball.

Ok, let's compare Allen vs Arenas:

FG%: 0.438 - 0.418

FT%: 0.903 - 0.844 (309 - 718 FTA, important stat, here)

3PM: 3.0 - 2.8

REB: 4.5 - 4.6

AST: 4.1 - 6.0

STL: 1.5 - 1.9

PTS: 26.4 - 28.4

Plus, Allen is not getting younger, and has two of his last four seasons playing only around 55 games out of 82.

Not only my rater has Arenas ahead of Allen (not a full round, of course), but also basketball monster has him 3rd and Allen 8th for last season based in averages. When you switch to totals, Arenas is 4th, while Allen falls to 36th.

By the way, Dirk is 7th in averages and 5th in totals, and i think you should take another look at his stats, because last year he was more like 0.7 steals and 0.8 blocks than 1.0 steal and 1.5 blocks per game. And that's a significant difference in fantasy basketball.

That's why getting Arenas then is a reach for the fourth or even fifth pick. He was great in the first 2-3 months when he was a monster, but faded fast afterwards, and I don't want the inconsistency from my first round pick. I picked LBJ and was killed by his down year because I did expect the 29/7/7 production he's capable to produce.

For Dirk's reasoning its also speculation that he is to produce those numbers, No year is a carbon copy of last years, so citing that stat to me doesn't change my mind, I'd take Dirk fourth.

I agree that no year is a carbon copy of last years, as you say, and i just didn't want to change your mind about Dirk. Also, i wouldn't take LBJ as high as he's gone in this mock draft/rankings, but that's the way it went.

What can i say? There's no way you can convince me that getting Arenas in the 5th is a reach, sooo ...