Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zoinnk

2 QB League Draft Strategy Help

Hey guys,

My office league is a 10-team 2 QB league. This is the first time I've been in a 2 QB league, so I'm not sure about my draft strategy. Scoring is standard (4 pts for passing TD vs 6 pts for rushing/receiving TD). The draft positions are determined an hour before the draft, so I don't know that yet.

What do you guys generally think about the value bump QBs should have in this type of league?

Hey guys,

My office league is a 10-team 2 QB league. This is the first time I've been in a 2 QB league, so I'm not sure about my draft strategy. Scoring is standard (4 pts for passing TD vs 6 pts for rushing/receiving TD). The draft positions are determined an hour before the draft, so I don't know that yet.

What do you guys generally think about the value bump QBs should have in this type of league?

I would try to get a top QB in the first three rounds (Manning, Palmer, Brees, Bulger, Brady, or Mcnabb). So my first three picks would be RB/RB/QB or RB/QB/RB. Then in the mid rounds (5th or 6th) i would go for guy like Eli, Big Ben, or Cutler.

I would try to get a top QB in the first three rounds (Manning, Palmer, Brees, Bulger, Brady, or Mcnabb). So my first three picks would be RB/RB/QB or RB/QB/RB. Then in the mid rounds (5th or 6th) i would go for guy like Eli, Big Ben, or Cutler.

I disagree.

Since passing TD's are only worth 4 points, I'd draft all position players until the mid rounds, for guys like Cutler, Campbell, Big Ben, etc.

I disagree.

Since passing TD's are only worth 4 points, I'd draft all position players until the mid rounds, for guys like Cutler, Campbell, Big Ben, etc.

In 2 QB format, i rather have a top QB instead of mid tier QBs. Receiver position is deep this year so i wouldn't draft a receiver til the 4th round.

In 2-QB leagus WR's become devalued. Make sure to get one stud QB and still 2 good RB's. Dont draft a WR unless the value is really high.

In 2-QB leagus WR's become devalued. Make sure to get one stud QB and still 2 good RB's. Dont draft a WR unless the value is really high.

I agree completely. You should aim for one Stud QB and two good RB's in the first 3 rounds. You will be able to draft guys like Plaxico and A.Johnson around 5th round area.

Most of my office people will end up auto-drafting, so it's a good possibility that the top QBs will be on the board in the 3rd round.