Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kwelch

Matt Joyce 2011 Season Outlook

This guys had a few good outings including today's game. With Manny gone how many PAs do you think he can get this season?

i was shocked to see him still in the FA pool in my 16 team Dynasty league. I scooped him up. Cross fingers he finds a away to get some regular bats and keep producing.

I did a little research as I just picked up this guy in one league. He's got a good eye and will walk at a good clip but I don't think he's going to hit for AVG. He's a great speculative pick up and I would expect his playing time to increase if he continues to hit. The problem is Maddon who loves to platoon, mix-match etc. I believe he sits vs lefties so I might not get this dude in shallow and/or weekly leagues.

I did a little research as I just picked up this guy in one league. He's got a good eye and will walk at a good clip but I don't think he's going to hit for AVG. He's a great speculative pick up and I would expect his playing time to increase if he continues to hit. The problem is Maddon who loves to platoon, mix-match etc. I believe he sits vs lefties so I might not get this dude in shallow and/or weekly leagues.

When Longo comes back, this analysis is pretty much spot on.

Guest ciderjack6

The Rays offensive depth is so thin...he will be in there vs every righty

period

I just picked him up. Excited to see what happens. If he keeps batting 4th that would be sick.

Me too, I couldn't take it any more - - had to make room. Needing and Out Fielder with Alex Gordon getting the day off I finally pulled the trigger.

Kid is a hitter and is now batting clean-up behind Longoria.

-4th in Avg. for the MLB (.356 - - 112 TPA, Bautista 129)

-Tied for 5th in Doubles (11 - - less ABs)

- Tied with Braun & Ethier in Extra-Base-Hits (14)

Batting .423 over the last 30 Days and there hasn't been a lot of hitters who've been a whole lot better.

31% Yahoo Ownership is too low and I couldn't let him sit on the WW any further in the risk of letting one of my opponents scooping him.

Me too, I couldn't take it any more - - had to make room. Needing and Out Fielder with Alex Gordon getting the day off I finally pulled the trigger.

Kid is a hitter and is now batting clean-up behind Longoria.

-4th in Avg. for the MLB (.356 - - 112 TPA, Bautista 129)

-Tied for 5th in Doubles (11 - - less ABs)

- Tied with Braun & Ethier in Extra-Base-Hits (14)

Batting .423 over the last 30 Days and there hasn't been a lot of hitters who've been a whole lot better.

31% Yahoo Ownership is too low and I couldn't let him sit on the WW any further in the risk of letting one of my opponents scooping him.

DING DING DING - HR - - great pick up.

Number 3 in Y! last 2 weeks, will only go up after tonight. Can we expect this to continue? Surely not the avg. but he's getting everyday ABs, batting in the middle of the order, what kinda statline are we predicting here?

I really want to add this guy, but I am in a charge per transaction league, so having platoon guys really kills me, I would have to spend 5 dollars to swap him in and out. Will he ever get a chance for everyday at bats, aka facing lefties?

Dropped to 5th today against masterson, which makes perfect sense considering how HOT he has been (note: sarcasm- it makes no sense to move him down) and that masterson can't get lefties out.

UPDATE: and he's 1/1 on a frozen rope.

I started this guy for 1 of his 2 HRs the last few days, and I am definitely enjoying the ride. I think this is a legit breakout candidate to sustain these gains for a whole season.

Dropped to 5th today against masterson, which makes perfect sense considering how HOT he has been (note: sarcasm- it makes no sense to move him down) and that masterson can't get lefties out.

He has been hitting 5th since Longoria came back. Yesterday he hit 4th, but that was the first time since Longoria came back. They have been going Fuld-Zobrist-Damon-Longo-Joyce most of the time.

There goes his 3rd HR in 4 games

Well it took one pitch to not regret picking him up to play against my hometown team.

Joyce with a deep 2 run hr in his first at bat today.

Matt Joyce is for real

4 HRs in last six games and 3rd in MLB for average (.368) behind Holliday and Bautista

Anyone think he will start getting at bats vs. lefties, or is he pretty much a platoon player?