Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patrick Bateman

The Original 2011 RW Community League

Due to the fact that the original "mock" draft thread turned into an actual money league and the mounting interest in having a no strings attached mock, we are starting this Mock Draft. This will be a true Mock for the benefit of the community. No money attached, no commitment to play it out down the road (unless you all agree after the fact). Just a good ole' fashioned pick em' and analysis. This will be a standard league mock (we will have a PPR one later):

12 teams, 15 players, snake draft.

starting lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, Flex, TE, Team D, K

1 point per 10 yards for RB/WR/TE for rushing and receiving.

1 point per 30 yards for passing.

6 pt TDs for all positions (including QBs)

1 pt extra for 300 yard passing and 100 yard rushing/receiving

No ST yardage.

-2 for Int/fumbles

Before you post and put your name in the hat, please read below and confirm you can comply with the guidelines. Also note, that this will be a participant driven mock. The Mods will help and push along when needed, but it's up to the 12 that join to get this going and keep it headed the right direction. Thanks.

1. First confirm in descending order if the members who gave their names that they can actually be around or reachable on a regular basis for 7-14 days minimum. Once 12 are confirmed, any still left can be wait-listed for dropouts. If you can't do it, let others do it who can.

2. Wait until all 12 owners confirm their entry AND their ability to be around or reachable at least 3-4x a day, or agree to let a substitute picker choose, or leave a list with another member in the draft.

3. An agreed upon mechanism when delays during peak posting hours should be in place - leaving a pick queue or substitute picker in advance of known absences will go a long way to minimize long delays - but if excessive delays without ETA occur, it's fair for the draft to go with a plan B - which is to allow the league to draft based on need/consensus if an absence of > 4 hours takes place during daytime hours (10 AM - 8 PM ET). The clock will NOT be applied for overnight / early AM (unless you are all East Coast posters, in which the hours can be modified by unanimous agreement). If 3 or more absences of 4+ hours without pick lists / designated substitute occurs where there is no notice or advance warning given, an owner may be replaced from the wait-list.

4. The PM/listing draft picks taken done regularly here really works to keep everyone up to date & promote discussion, so Mock I participants also agree to help out with this.

5. All members can post & discuss picks made - but we leave the picks to the 12 (or their designates/plan B if they are absent).

6. Format's for the general community.

7. Any poster who is not on the list above can submit their name to be wait-listed - we may get drop-outs, and of course, Mock II is a possibility - but again, Mock I completes first.

Once you get 12, set a start time and away we go.......

i'm in...thanks for giving me some time on the boards w/ the "revenge of rivers" thread...

In, I can pick within 15 minutes of being PM'd, unless I'm sleeping...so like 18 hours a day.

If smoot's DA is in then so am I.

Just so Im sure is trash talkin' still ok?

If smoot's DA is in then so am I.

Just so Im sure is trash talkin' still ok?

Encouraged within reason......

We have 4 thus far:

1. Smoot02

2. Drater

3. bwilsonhs

4. Duckbutter

This will be a standard league mock (we will have a PPR one later):

6 pt TDs for all positions (including QBs)

This is standard? I thought the standard was 4 pt TDs for QBs and 6 pt TDs for all other positions...

...I've only been playing on ESPN for awhile now, so maybe Yahoo/CBS is different.

This is standard? I thought the standard was 4 pt TDs for QBs and 6 pt TDs for all other positions...

...I've only been playing on ESPN for awhile now, so maybe Yahoo/CBS is different.

Standard in that it isn't PPR. We could go around and around on settings forever.....It is what it is....

Standard in that it isn't PPR. We could go around and around on settings forever.....It is what it is....

Oh that's fine I just misinterpreted your post. (Just thought 4pt TD's for QBs were more common than 6pt...obviously it's your call)

I'll probably watch from the outside and provide some comments, but if push comes to shove and another drafter is needed I'm available. (But I'm more focused on baseball as of right now...)

I look forward to following the mock though.

Hey smoot.."I hope you brought your wood screws...cause I'm about to blow your doors completely off"

Hey smoot.."I hope you like to screw in the woods...cause I'm about to blow you behind the doors of these semis at this rest stop"

FYP, ducky

seriously, ducky...no one wants your junior high ambiguously gay inuendos on THIS thread...i'll say it was worth a chuckle or two last year; however, i know there's GOT to be shopping carts SOMEWHERE in west virginia that need collecting...

go strum a bango w/ your buddies and ned beaty and leave this draft to the professionals...

...and how 'bout that rivers17 pick?????? never heard an apology from ya on THAT gem!!!

is this where we stand???

1. smoot

2. drater

3. bwilsonhs

4. duck "i wish i knew how to quit you" butter

5. grandy

6. spaastic

I will let all that drivel go for the integrity of putting this mock together. I will have plenty of time once it starts to comment on you lack of over all intelligence.

FYI you will never get an apology for picking a player 3 rounds to early, it doesn't matter how that player ends up doing...he was still picked way too early in the draft order....luckily for you another chance to make a bone head pick is just days away.

The list thus far:

1. Smoot02

2. Drater

3. bwilsonhs

4. Duckbutter

5. Grandy

6. SPAASTIC

7. Bob Loblaw

8. Kanter112186

Need four more to get it going, but really need probably 3 alternates as well to pick up the slack, just in case.....

The list thus far:

1. Smoot02

2. Drater

3. bwilsonhs

4. Duckbutter

5. Grandy

6. SPAASTIC

7. Bob Loblaw

8. Kanter112186

Need four more to get it going, but really need probably 3 alternates as well to pick up the slack, just in case.....

Count me in.....

1. Smoot02

2. Drater

3. bwilsonhs

4. Duckbutter

5. Grandy

6. SPAASTIC

7. Bob Loblaw

8. Kanter112186

9. bdams19

10. megamoviejohn

11. bluedevils22

one more...who's gonna grab the coveted final spot???

bateman...you just watching this time, huh??? c'mon and be #12...

I'm In!

we gonna randomize draft order or just go with sign up list?

1. Smoot02

2. Drater

3. bwilsonhs

4. Duckbutter

5. Grandy

6. SPAASTIC

7. Bob Loblaw

8. Kanter112186

9. bdams19

10. megamoviejohn

11. bluedevils22

12. IsuckTDs

one more...who's gonna grab the coveted final spot???

bateman...you just watching this time, huh??? c'mon and be #12...

Updated. I'll probably do the PPR one. Still probably need some backups......But you guys can pick a time to kick this off. Remember the guidelines. Good rule: When your done picking, PM the guy in back of you. Update the list every pick. Good luck.

ran this ramdomizer thru net.commish.com (i can send you the results via email if you PM me for verification if you don't trust me...i KNOW ducky doesn't!!!)

let's get it on!!

Serpentine Style Draft

Round 1

1.1----kanter112186

1.2----bluedevils22

1.3----duckbutter

1.4----megamoviejohn

1.5----bdams19

1.6----bwilsonhs

1.7----bob loblaw

1.8----drater

1.9----spaastic

1.10----isuckTDs

1.11----grandy

1.12----smoot02

before we begin can we do 3 things:

1. reply w/ YES to bateman's requests that you've read the "suggestions" post he put up yesterday and agree

2. PM me your email address

3. post your team name

smoot02

1. YES, i have read and agree

2. N/A

3. STARKDAWGS

good luck and it would appear that kanter will be on the clock (OTC) once everyone answers requests 1-3...i will PM him...thanks