Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TeddyKGB

GOLTV- reviews?

Barca fan here who enjoys watching most of the La Liga games. Directv recommended GOLTV and FoxSoccer in their sports package, so I have decided to try it. Hate watching football games on the computer, when I have a big HD TV. Any reviews on these channels? Will I be able to catch most of the Barcelona and Madrid games? How about Premier games?

Barca fan here who enjoys watching most of the La Liga games. Directv recommended GOLTV and FoxSoccer in their sports package, so I have decided to try it. Hate watching football games on the computer, when I have a big HD TV. Any reviews on these channels? Will I be able to catch most of the Barcelona and Madrid games? How about Premier games?

I've been watching stuff on FSC longer than Gol TV, if only because Gol only became available around me in the last couple of years.

Gol has very good production values and in addition to La Liga and Bundesliga, they also show matches from places like Colombia, which is helpful for an MLS fan such as myself. We have several Colombians here in Philly, and there are quite a few more around the league. It seems like they have Barca or Real just about every weekend, so you shouldn't miss them too much.

Fox hasn't changed a set or graphic since I've been watching, which means at least five years, and considering that it's proudly included in the Fox Sports Family (or whatever they call it on the commercials), I find that surprising. Their coverage revolves around England, Italy and the Champions League, but they also show Australian league matches in early-morning hours on weekends and they have a weekly MLS match. They show about three EPL matches a weekend, and there's also a Fox Soccer +, which has others, but I don't get that. They did have the Man U/Chelsea match from this weekend.

Hope that helps...

From what I have seen so far, I love it! I hope these channels are the source for Euro 2012, I'm not trying to miss a single Spain game.

Barca and United later this month!