Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ray Barboni

Jermichael Finley -vs- Vernon Davis

Who do you want? and why?

Dynasty league, i own both....looking to trade one of them and move up in the Rookie draft this year.

6pt TD's

1pt per reception.

I like them both, but I'd probably roll with Finley in a dynasty if I had to decide today.

Finley:

Pros: better QB that loves the TE, strong compliments at WR, RBs that do not catch too much

Cons: Need to see how he returns from injury... says he's ok now, but who really knows...

VD:

Pros: A primary option in the offense and on a a team that is behind all the time. In a soft defensive division (although the Rams will continue to improve with Spags at the helm).

Cons: QB

I like them both, but I'd probably roll with Finley in a dynasty if I had to decide today.

Finley:

Pros: better QB that loves the TE, strong compliments at WR, RBs that do not catch too much

Cons: Need to see how he returns from injury... says he's ok now, but who really knows...

VD:

Pros: A primary option in the offense and on a a team that is behind all the time. In a soft defensive division (although the Rams will continue to improve with Spags at the helm).

Cons: QB

Appreciate the reply bro....this board is dead at this time of the year. But i have a Rookie draft coming up in a week, and want to move up in the draft by packaging one of my TE's.

TE's are valuable in this league because they earn a full point per catch, compared to .25pts for the other skill positions.

I have Jimmy Graham locked up or the next 4 years, so my best option at moving up in my Rookie drat is trading one of Davis/Finley.

If healthy i would take Finley easy....but thats just the thing, his last two seasons have ended in injury. Any info on how Harbaugh utilizes the TE in his offenses?

If you got graham locked up, then you can move either Finley or Davis for the best available deal.

I'd still lean on keeping Finley -- changing offensive schemes could reduce VD's role.

I'm not high on Finely at ALL in that he's now blown both knees out and might not be as effective. Davis had a poor year last year, compared to his 2009 boom but he is a solid TE that should do fine under Haurbough. I'd roll Davis knowing the constant health issues of a Finally.

I'm not high on Finely at ALL in that he's now blown both knees out and might not be as effective. Davis had a poor year last year, compared to his 2009 boom but he is a solid TE that should do fine under Haurbough. I'd roll Davis knowing the constant health issues of a Finally.

The phrase "Blown both knees out" is a little harsh no?

I mean dont get me wrong i am concerned, that is why im posting this question. But what was the extent of his first knee injury? i dont remember it being that serious in 2009.

Still dont no what to with this TE situation i have fellas....I have Finley/Davis/Jimmy Graham....dynasty league. Starting to think if i cant get a good enough offer i might just keep all three of these guys, but playing matchups with that kind of talent can be frustrating all year.

Any other thoughts on who is the better dynasty prospect between Finley/Vernon Davis? im keeping Graham as i have him locked up through 2014. Rookie draft is in less than a week....would like to trade one of them before then.

It's a tough call, for sure. I think Vernon is a beast, but the question mark is who's going to be throwing him the ball. Finley has maybe the best QB in the league getting him the ball, but is he fully recovered from the injuries.

I think you need stability out of your TE, and for that fact, I would lean towards Vernon.

Just did some checking on the Standford website, and it seems they did use the TE quite a bit in GL situations, but spread the wealth among numerous guys, and not 1 specific receiver

If you are wanting to bump up in the draft for someone in particular then you are going to get the most out of trading Davis. People on here being skeptical of Finley should tell you that guys in your league are going to balk at giving you good value for him. I do think he will bounce back and I think he will be a top TE in just about any scoring system. Davis is awesome, no way around it, but when you start seeing coaching changes, QB changes (???) it is a mess for everyone. If you are gonna make a move, get the most you can by moving Davis, keep Finley and you got a good backup.

Finley is obviously the bigger health risk. But at least he actually has a QB.....

Finley is obviously the bigger health risk. But at least he actually has a QB.....

........ok

So are you saying you would rather have Finley over Verno in a Dynasty league? I know he is the injury risk, and i know he has the superior QB.....

Finley easily. Better QB, better offense.

Who do you want? and why?

Dynasty league, i own both....looking to trade one of them and move up in the Rookie draft this year.

6pt TD's

1pt per reception.

Only because the Packers have a much better QB throwing the ball to him, I'd say Finley, even coming of the injury. But I do like Davis, but he needs a QB

Finley never "blew out" any of his knee's. In 09 he missed only 3 games due to a slight knee injury. And in 2010 he had a slightly torn meniscus and could have had it removed and been back in 4 weeks but they decided to get it repaired for his long term health. His injuries have become WAY overrated.

Finley never "blew out" any of his knee's. In 09 he missed only 3 games due to a slight knee injury. And in 2010 he had a slightly torn meniscus and could have had it removed and been back in 4 weeks but they decided to get it repaired for his long term health. His injuries have become WAY overrated.

As the OP....and a fellow Finely fan, i have to agree. But i question you being from Wisconsin and obviously being a Packer homer...how much bias is in your response? Lions fan here so i understand the love a fellow NFC North fan has for their team. I would love to agree with you, and my gut tells me too....every one of Finley's injuries have been WAY overblown IMO because the Pack never had an absolute need for him to risk long term injury. I still believe he is the closest thing to being the dominate TE since Gates.

He is younger and physically a better fit to be an elite TE than that of Davis....Dont get me wrong, Verno is a freak but he is still 6'3"...ill take Finely's 6'5" and younger albeit injured legs.

C'mon fellas....im leaning towards Finley in my dynasty league....let me hear your thoughts. Leave a link ill return the favor

As the OP....and a fellow Finely fan, i have to agree. But i question you being from Wisconsin and obviously being a Packer homer...how much bias is in your response? Lions fan here so i understand the love a fellow NFC North fan has for their team. I would love to agree with you, and my gut tells me too....every one of Finley's injuries have been WAY overblown IMO because the Pack never had an absolute need for him to risk long term injury. I still believe he is the closest thing to being the dominate TE since Gates.

He is younger and physically a better fit to be an elite TE than that of Davis....Dont get me wrong, Verno is a freak but he is still 6'3"...ill take Finely's 6'5" and younger albeit injured legs.

C'mon fellas....im leaning towards Finley in my dynasty league....let me hear your thoughts. Leave a link ill return the favor

I am a Packer fan and there may be some bias in my post and opinion. Let me put my views in perspective. I'm in 2 Dynasty leagues, one of which i run, and i've always been able to separate my fantasy veiws from my teams views. For example, here's a post i just posted in the dynasty start up draft discussion thread (it's the league i run and we had to re-start it due to unforeseen circumstances) about Greg Jennings...

"Thought Jennings at my 3rd round pick as well but he scares me in fantasy. He only started lighting it up last year after Finley went down. Finley being back plus guys like Nelson, Cobb and even Driver still taking the rock away from Jennings is scary. Jennings is a top 5 WR in this league but his production may not always match that."

Now i can't sit here and tell you that i have no fan bias in fantasy because that would be ignorant of me but i try very hard to separate the 2 things.

As for the OP, honestly this is very, very tough. Either way your going to have some doubt. Davis has put up elite production over the past 2 years at TE and is still just coming into his own. I'm a pretty big Kaepernick fan so i like the situation in the future but maybe not this year. Finley on the other hand has the upside of the best pass catching TE in the league. He's shown that potential but has been limited by the 2 minor knee issues. I REALLY try and stay away from players coming off serious injury but i would feel very comfortable with Finley.

I don't think i'm even going to give u a concrete answer on who i would rather have but i'll tell you this, if you had a gun to my head i go Finley. Tough choice though my friend.

I am a Packer fan and there may be some bias in my post and opinion. Let me put my views in perspective. I'm in 2 Dynasty leagues, one of which i run, and i've always been able to separate my fantasy veiws from my teams views. For example, here's a post i just posted in the dynasty start up draft discussion thread (it's the league i run and we had to re-start it due to unforeseen circumstances) about Greg Jennings...

"Thought Jennings at my 3rd round pick as well but he scares me in fantasy. He only started lighting it up last year after Finley went down. Finley being back plus guys like Nelson, Cobb and even Driver still taking the rock away from Jennings is scary. Jennings is a top 5 WR in this league but his production may not always match that."

Now i can't sit here and tell you that i have no fan bias in fantasy because that would be ignorant of me but i try very hard to separate the 2 things.

As for the OP, honestly this is very, very tough. Either way your going to have some doubt. Davis has put up elite production over the past 2 years at TE and is still just coming into his own. I'm a pretty big Kaepernick fan so i like the situation in the future but maybe not this year. Finley on the other hand has the upside of the best pass catching TE in the league. He's shown that potential but has been limited by the 2 minor knee issues. I REALLY try and stay away from players coming off serious injury but i would feel very comfortable with Finley.

I don't think i'm even going to give u a concrete answer on who i would rather have but i'll tell you this, if you had a gun to my head i go Finley. Tough choice though my friend.

I like Finley over Vernon Davis even with the injury risks!

I think Finley is a Great fit in Green Bays superior offense.

Stick with Finley!

I like Finley over Vernon Davis even with the injury risks!

I think Finley is a Great fit in Green Bays superior offense.

Stick with Finley!