Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Luckynines

Mike Moustakas 2011 Season Outlook

4-HR in his last 8-games, looks like he is settling into a groove.

ETA?

2010?

Possible. I think it's more like 2011 though due to his age.

4-HR in his last 8-games, looks like he is settling into a groove.

i was kinda gettin worried his power wouldnt translate to wooden bats, but this gives me some relief...

i was kinda gettin worried his power wouldnt translate to wooden bats, but this gives me some relief...

One point, though - after seeing 1 game (so it's a bit premature), my first impression was - "this guy's going to be a SS?". In an ideal world, he gets moved to 2B, where he could be a monster by 2011 (I think he's plenty raw). Worst case scenario, 3B/Corner OF, stud but not monster potential there.

Mous. has already been moved to 3B I believe.

Last 10-games:

.341BA/14-Hits/2-HR's/3-Doubles/7-RBI

Been a little inconsistent this year, but he has shown in various stretches the potential he possesses.

Mous. has already been moved to 3B I believe.

Last 10-games:

.341BA/14-Hits/2-HR's/3-Doubles/7-RBI

Been a little inconsistent this year, but he has shown in various stretches the potential he possesses.

Dang. I'd like to have that power at SS. I did hear his range was subpar so a move to 3B was inevitable.

I think KC will try him at 2B at some point down the line. With Gordon at 3B, and recently drafted Hosmer there doesn't seem to be that much room at the corners. He could move to the OF, but he should try 2B where he would be more valuable to the team.

I think KC will try him at 2B at some point down the line. With Gordon at 3B, and recently drafted Hosmer there doesn't seem to be that much room at the corners. He could move to the OF, but he should try 2B where he would be more valuable to the team.

I think they'll keep him @ 3rd. Gordon could move over to 1st til Hosmer is ready which is probably no earlier than 2011.

I think they'll keep him @ 3rd. Gordon could move over to 1st til Hosmer is ready which is probably no earlier than 2011.

why would they move gordon off 3rd? he's an above average defender currently and should improve to the point of gold glove status

why would they move gordon off 3rd? he's an above average defender currently and should improve to the point of gold glove status

He's played 1st in the past. I don't think it would be the best decision, but from Royals mgmt perspective for players, it might make the most sense. I think they should keep him there atleast until Mous is ready otherwise don't mess with it.

He's played 1st in the past. I don't think it would be the best decision, but from Royals mgmt perspective for players, it might make the most sense. I think they should keep him there atleast until Mous is ready otherwise don't mess with it.

i know he saw time at 1B last season but that was more as an injury fill-in and due to the fact that the royals lack an actual legit option there........but his glove holds up at 3B so i'm having problems understanding why the royals (yea, even the royals) would move a potential gold glover who is entering his prime.......just doesn't make any sense......let's not forget that they moved teahen (who is a pretty decent 3B in his own right) to RF to make room for gordon.......i just don't see him moving off that spot in 10 years......not if he keeps making webgems like he did again last night

i personally think mous is ticketed for LF or RF, with an outside chance of 2B if he doesn't fill out as much as expected.....not a chance he ends up at 3B with gordon cemented there

The MOUS is loose!

Batting .375/3-doubles/3-HR/7-RBI in his last 10-games.

He had an oblique injury which hindered him a couple of weeks ago and a terrible start to the season, but the #2 overall pick from 2007 is now showing why he was considering the best prep hitter in the draft. Oh and those 3-HR where hit in his last 4-games. This kid is 100% legit and is showing it now.

One more thing he has looked really good @ 3B, 1-error in his last 23-games, should be a nice future 3b going foward for long-term keeper/dynasty leaguers.

This Mous is running rampant now, he must be stopped, ha ha...

3-4 last night 2-HR's, up to 17-on the year. After a terrible start this kid is tearing it up now. Will be a top 3-5 prospect next year.

2-3 today another HR, up to 18 on the year, sooner or later this kid will get the hype that Bruce got early this year.

Up to 20 on the year with another pair tonight.

Geez are you kidding me...? I was about to check to see what he was doing. I think next year the top propects in this order will be Weiters/Price/Mous.

Geez are you kidding me...? I was about to check to see what he was doing. I think next year the top propects in this order will be Weiters/Price/Mous.

That is only through five, so at least one more shot at number 3.

anyone think he gets a late call up this year? (well 2009)

anyone think he gets a late call up this year? (well 2009)

nope - he's going to spend most of the year at High A.......maybe a taste of AA at the end of the season, but that would be pushing it........he's still got a lot to work on

Would not count on it.

Mid-to-late 2010 is a better bet.

I agree, everyone needs to remeber how young he is, he is 2-years youngger than some of the tops guy's drafted this year. I am loving his progress though. After he recovered from the oblique injury last year, he went off in the power dept. Mous. is a special hitter.

Who do you think will reach the bigs first Vitters or Mous

and how do each project or who do they compare to? thanks for the info

Hate to see a thread on this kid die so I am bumping it.

The dream would be for Mous to have a great 2009 in the minors, make it to AA by mid-season, tear it up some more and give Royals' fans a treat by giving the kid a September call-up with 7-8 games played.

Again, that is a dream. I really can't imagine him getting any serious look at the majors in 2009.