Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patrick Bateman

2011 RW Community Fantasy Football PPR Mock Draft

The first mock draft has been completed. It was based on standard (non-PPR) settings and if you'd like to see the results or weigh in, please see here. Now, on to a format that is becoming more and more popular -- Point Per Reception Leagues. Much different strategy is generally employed to be successful. This will be a true Mock for the benefit of the community. No money attached, no commitment to play it out down the road (unless you all agree after the fact). Just a good ole' fashioned pick em' and analysis. This is a Points Per Reception (PPR) Mock Draft so please only sign up if you understand the format:

12 teams, 15 players, snake draft.

starting lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, Flex, TE, Team D, K

1 point per reception for RB/WR/TE/QB.

1 point per 10 yards for RB/WR/TE for rushing and receiving.

1 point per 30 yards for passing.

6 pt TDs for all positions (including QBs)

1 pt extra for 300 yard passing and 100 yard rushing/receiving

No ST yardage.

-2 for Int/fumbles

Before you post and put your name in the hat, please read below and confirm you can comply with the guidelines. Also note, that this will be a participant driven mock. The Mods will help and push along when needed, but it's up to the 12 that join to get this going and keep it headed the right direction. Thanks.

1. First confirm in descending order if the members who gave their names that they can actually be around or reachable on a regular basis for 7-14 days minimum. Once 12 are confirmed, any still left can be wait-listed for dropouts. If you can't do it, let others do it who can.

2. Wait until all 12 owners confirm their entry AND their ability to be around or reachable at least 3-4x a day, or agree to let a substitute picker choose, or leave a list with another member in the draft.

3. An agreed upon mechanism when delays during peak posting hours should be in place - leaving a pick queue or substitute picker in advance of known absences will go a long way to minimize long delays - but if excessive delays without ETA occur, it's fair for the draft to go with a plan B - which is to allow the league to draft based on need/consensus if an absence of > 4 hours takes place during daytime hours (10 AM - 8 PM ET). The clock will NOT be applied for overnight / early AM (unless you are all East Coast posters, in which the hours can be modified by unanimous agreement). If 3 or more absences of 4+ hours without pick lists / designated substitute occurs where there is no notice or advance warning given, an owner may be replaced from the wait-list.

4. The PM/listing draft picks taken done regularly here really works to keep everyone up to date & promote discussion, so Mock I participants also agree to help out with this.

5. All members can post & discuss picks made - but we leave the picks to the 12 (or their designates/plan B if they are absent).

6. Format's for the general community.

7. Any poster who is not on the list above can submit their name to be wait-listed - we may get drop-outs, and of course, Mock III is a possibility - but again, Mock II completes first.

It is imperative that you comply with these requirements, please ensure you have read carefully. Once you get 12, set a start time and away we go.......Good luck.

for the non-PPR mock as bateman linked above, we have 8 signed in over at yahoo...could those of you signed in already post your team name and RW id so i can load your players and match up your yahoo team name w/ your RW screen name

we'd like full participation, but please PM me if you're one of the 4 not signed in already and not interested in playing it out during 2011...

it's really no rush, but yahoo came online unseasonably early this year so we've already registered the league and would like to play it out for bragging rights...

again, we'd like all the original 12 that signed up play this out, but it IS early so if you're not interested in playing this out, please just send me a PM so we can move on w/o you...

naboo has also suggested that the winner receive the honor of naming the TOP GUN cup...

...and since i had the foresight to draft derrick mason, i suppose he believes i really have no competition....

B)

"no, no, no boys...there's TWO oo's in gOOse smOOt"

good luck to those of you in the PPR mock...like ducky in high school, i'll be watching from the sidelines

thanks again to bateman and RW

good luck

(sorry for the lazy copy/paste from the other mock thread...just figured traffic would be heavier here...)

Wait listed unless you can't get 12, then I'm down again. Online about 18 hours per day, or on phone with access. Oh the joys of SEO.

I have never drafted PPR, but would give this a swing.

My credits and availability, I'm on here pretty much all the time. Check posts if needed.

Other than that, let's get it going.

Thus far:

badams19

squidthunder

dumherb1

ginocan

BlueDevils22

Nicksy

Wait list:

Drater

Need 6 more. There was a poster or two in the first mock draft that wanted to be PM'd to join. You guys may look there. I will say that these mocks always work best when a poster or two steps up to lead the way and keep things organized. Just a tip.......

Thus far:

badams19

squidthunder

dumherb1

ginocan

BlueDevils22

Nicksy

Wait list:

Drater

Need 6 more. There was a poster or two in the first mock draft that wanted to be PM'd to join. You guys may look there. I will say that these mocks always work best when a poster or two steps up to lead the way and keep things organized. Just a tip.......

I do have a close friend that wants to join, he's just having some issues this morning creating his RW account and logging in.

I would recommend for this draft, that when members select their player, update their selection with their entire roster (including the round and pick) .

For example:

Squidthunder selects Adrian Peterson

QB:

RB: Adrian Peterson (1.1)

RB:

WR:

WR:

Flex:

TE:

D:

K:

dumb question: does flex include TE? because I have been playing that way for some time now in my leagues and I wonder if this is a common practice yet. If not, why not? Seems silly to have WR/RB eligible but not TE.

dumb question: does flex include TE? because I have been playing that way for some time now in my leagues and I wonder if this is a common practice yet. If not, why not? Seems silly to have WR/RB eligible but not TE.

I've done leagues where it was just RB/WR, but the latest PPR league I was in, had the option for WR/RB/TE.........

I think we can add the TE into the FLEX for this mock

Can we get some momentum for this thing? Where is the love people?

Thus far:

badams19

squidthunder

dumherb1

ginocan

BlueDevils22

Nicksy

Wait list:

Drater

If BlueDevils22 is in, then I'm in. I was just being polite to the people who didn't get a chance first go.

I've done leagues where it was just RB/WR, but the latest PPR league I was in, had the option for WR/RB/TE.........

I think we can add the TE into the FLEX for this mock

I am in a league that is flex which includes TE...I dont see a problem with this mock using a flex TE...to each his own..

If BlueDevils22 is in, then I'm in. I was just being polite to the people who didn't get a chance first go.

Ha, ha. Totally forgot BD was in the last one. This one doesn't look like there will be a lot of fighting to get in, so why don't both of you grab a spot for now. If somehow 7 or 8 folks pop up in the next day or so, then maybe give up your slot. Doubt that happens.

In the old mock, ckhp4588 posted that he'd like to participate in this one. You might want to PM him to see if he'd still like in and can make the commitment......

I was just monitoring the thread and noticed the draft was not filling up very fast. By all means if more than 12 want in on the draft pull me out I have no issue with that. The draft just didnt seem to be filling up very quick so if others want in take me out I was just trying to get this moving....

I was just monitoring the thread and noticed the draft was not filling up very fast. By all means if more than 12 want in on the draft pull me out I have no issue with that. The draft just didnt seem to be filling up very quick so if others want in take me out I was just trying to get this moving....

+1

If you got a cold seat I can fill it up, but have no qualms watching from the sidelines. Maybe we should PM folks we chat with on the boards to get them to check us out? PM Prometheus and Felonius T to see if they're interested?

+1

Fill it up and we'll step aside, otherwise let's do this. We only got like 5 months until the 8 game season kicks off.

We need to get this rolling....

You need more members. If I were you guys, I'd start PM'ing RW folks that you know that might be interested in a mock draft......

badams19

squidthunder

dumherb1

ginocan

BlueDevils22

Nicksy

drater

IsuckTDs

Need 4...who's in?