Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patrick Bateman

2011 RW Community Fantasy Football PPR Mock Draft

13. Swinagen - Michael Vick

14. bwilsonhs- Rashard Mendenhall

15. duckbutter-Roddy White

16. leapinglanny - Mike Wallace

17. IsuckTDs - Matt Forte

18. drater - Hakeem Nicks

19. Nicksy - Greg Jennings

20. BlueDevils22 - Frank Gore

21. ginocan - Dwayne Bowe

22. dumherb1 - Drew Brees

23. squidthunder - Steven Jackson

24. bdams1 - OTC

I really don't like this pick too much, but I think he has another good year left him. Bradford is another year older and the new offense should help the Rams and S-Jax.

After almost two rounds....and 1 week...at this pace, I'm not sure if this mock draft will be in the books before the new CBA...

1. bdams19 - Chris Johnson...24. OTC

2. squidthunder - Arian Foster..23. Steven Jackson

3. dumherb1 - Adrian Peterson...22. Drew Brees

4. ginocan - Jamaal Charles...21. Dwayne Bowe

5. BlueDevils22 - Ray Rice...20. Frank Gore

6. Nicksy- Lesean McCoy...19. Greg Jennings

7. drater - Andre Johnson...18. Hakeem Nicks

8. IsuckTDs - Larry Fitzgerald...17. Matt Forte

9. leapinglanny- Aaron Rodgers...16. Mike Wallace

10-duckofbutter - MJD...15. Roddy White

11. bwilsonhs - Darren McFadden...14. Rashard Mendenhall

12. Swinagen - Calvin Johnson...13. Michael Vick

Swinagen, Lanny and dumherb all look to have potential top 5 players at two positions after 2 rounds, hard not to like that start.

Hey everyone! Sorry I couldn't be hear yesterday. A special shout out to bdams for the courtesy of picking for me. Thanks dude!Patrick Batemane was really nice about helping me with the last draft, so I thought I'd ask someone new.

Now, about my controversial Fitzgerald pick - first as a disclaimer to CMA, this is my first PPR draft. Now that butt's covered, the reason I picked Fitzgerald is because last year he had the 2nd most balls thrown in his direction, 174. I'm thinking in PPR, with a better QB, he convert those in into receptions this year because I'm gambling Kolb or Orton will make it to Arizona, a SIGNIFIGANT upgrade that could make Fitzgerald PPR gold. Also, have you seen his schedule. Gravy. Also with the uncertainty in the backfield, they may be throwing alot.

I picked Forte also because of the number of receptions he had last year. Also with him being the lead back and getting goal line carries, he seems to be a great RB1 you can get in Round 2. If you think I'm crazy, wait till you see my next pick!

Swinagen, Lanny and dumherb all look to have potential top 5 players at two positions after 2 rounds, hard not to like that start.

That was my main rationale when I skimped out on a runningback. We'll see how much I like this decision when my third round pick finally comes and all the stud RBs are gone.

What I find interesting is Gino taking Charles and Bowe. Having those two as his top two options could produce some headaches this year--the odds of them both having big games on the same day can't be too good.

i was torn on Nicks and Wallace. But I have Wallace in my keeper league, and saw what he can do last year, and this year he has Ben for 16 games. Once I was reminded of that, I leaned towards him.

Plus he is so young, he is only getting better every game. And Hines " dancing with the stars" Ward is getting up there, more targets for Wallace.

Wallace may be the Roddy of 2011 for standard leagues, but his receptions leave much to be desired. Of course you could say that's because Roth wasn't QBing the 1st 4 games. Hopefully the emergence of their new WR2 won't affect his receptions too much. In PPR, I would've picked Nicks, but we're splitting hairs here....

Well, I'll see everyone tomorrow. I'm online at the library on weekends, so my time is limited. I'll check back tomorrow afternoon to see if I need to pick. As usual, if I'm gone, I'll leave my picks with bdams. Happy drafting!

Hey everyone! Sorry I couldn't be hear yesterday. A special shout out to bdams for the courtesy of picking for me. Thanks dude!Patrick Batemane was really nice about helping me with the last draft, so I thought I'd ask someone new.

Now, about my controversial Fitzgerald pick - first as a disclaimer to CMA, this is my first PPR draft. Now that butt's covered, the reason I picked Fitzgerald is because last year he had the 2nd most balls thrown in his direction, 174. I'm thinking in PPR, with a better QB, he convert those in into receptions this year because I'm gambling Kolb or Orton will make it to Arizona, a SIGNIFIGANT upgrade that could make Fitzgerald PPR gold. Also, have you seen his schedule. Gravy. Also with the uncertainty in the backfield, they may be throwing alot.

I picked Forte also because of the number of receptions he had last year. Also with him being the lead back and getting goal line carries, he seems to be a great RB1 you can get in Round 2. If you think I'm crazy, wait till you see my next pick!

I'm not sure your pick was controversial, but I think you gave a well thought out and reasoned argument for why Fitzgerald could have a real bounce back year. I guess my question is could you have taken someone else with your first pick and gotten him in the 2nd round? I think in most drafts you could. Therefore @ #8 Fitzgerald ceases to be a value pick b/c he would need to have the best year of his career to really justify a top 8 pick and he still has substantial risk. I think you may have been better served going a different direction in the 1st and then come back in the 2nd round with Fitz. JMO, but if we're here to learn, I think it will be interesting to see where Fitzgerald goes in PPR drafts as we get closer to the season.

Also, what I've seen, Fitz was #3 in targets, but only 1 target behind Wayne so not a big deal. You also bypassed the #1 WR in targets and left him on the board (Roddy White). White was also the #1 WR in PPR last year......Good stuff though. Opinions will vary....

I'm not sure your pick was controversial, but I think you gave a well thought out and reasoned argument for why Fitzgerald could have a real bounce back year. I guess my question is could you have taken someone else with your first pick and gotten him in the 2nd round? I think in most drafts you could. Therefore @ #8 Fitzgerald ceases to be a value pick b/c he would need to have the best year of his career to really justify a top 8 pick and he still has substantial risk. I think you may have been better served going a different direction in the 1st and then come back in the 2nd round with Fitz. JMO, but if we're here to learn, I think it will be interesting to see where Fitzgerald goes in PPR drafts as we get closer to the season.

Also, what I've seen, Fitz was #3 in targets, but only 1 target behind Wayne so not a big deal. You also bypassed the #1 WR in targets and left him on the board (Roddy White). White was also the #1 WR in PPR last year......Good stuff though. Opinions will vary....

Lol PB, this is like the football version of the Jose Reyes in Rd1 topic.

1. bdams19 - Chris Johnson...24. Reggie Wayne

bdams OTC

bdams OTC

You put yourself OTC why didn't you just pick 2 guys? Anywho I will be out until later on this afternoon so I will pick then...any way we can speed this up a bit?? I want to give my next 3 names to PB but may change my mind between now and then..

bdams OTC

You put yourself OTC why didn't you just pick 2 guys? Anywho I will be out until later on this afternoon so I will pick then...any way we can speed this up a bit?? I want to give my next 3 names to PB but may change my mind between now and then..

Why didn't he just select 2 guys......and why did he pick the WR I wanted....lol

Did bdams19 PM himself?

1. bdams19 - Chris Johnson...24. Reggie Wayne 25. Peyton Hillis

Wayne at 2.12 seems like a no brainer to me... Still Mannings number 1 target and has 100 catches 3 of the last 4 seasons. It goes against the grain of my usual strategy of picking guys in their 3-4th year, but the value is too good to pass up.

Very torn between about 100 different players here at 3.1 but ultimately Peyton Hillis has great hands out of the backfield and I expect him to put up worthy numbers even at 80% of what he did last year. I don't see Hardesty as a serious threat and Madden Curse be damned. He is without a doubt their best offensive player and I expect him to be the focal point once again. Injury concerns are pretty high with a lot of the picks in this area and I think he is one of the safest.

Squid OTC.

1. bdams19 - Chris Johnson...24. Reggie Wayne...... 25. Peyton Hillis

2. squidthunder - Arian Foster..23. Steven Jackson....26. Philip Rivers

3. dumherb1 - Adrian Peterson...22. Drew Brees......27. OTC

Well, with Reggie Wayne going in the last pick, there's not a true WR I wanted that high, so I'm going after an elite QB. With Rivers, he's a lock for 4,000+ yards and 30+ TD.

QB: Philip Rivers (3.2)

RB: Arian Foster (1.2)

RB: Steven Jackson (2.11)

WR:

WR:

Flex:

TE:

D:

K:

dumherb1 OTC

1. bdams19 - Chris Johnson...24. Reggie Wayne...... 25. Peyton Hillis

2. squidthunder - Arian Foster..23. Steven Jackson....26. Philip Rivers

3. dumherb1 - Adrian Peterson...22. Drew Brees......27. Wes Welker

Wes Welker in a PPR league is gold and 1 year removed from ACL surgery he will be even better...100 Rec 1,200 Yds...2 TD's...haha

Ginocan...OTC

Picking from phone. Can someone update and PM Blue? Thanks

1. bdams19 - Chris Johnson...24. Reggie Wayne......25. Peyton Hillis

2. squidthunder - Arian Foster..23. Steven Jackson...26. Philip Rivers

3. dumherb1 - Adrian Peterson...22. Drew Brees......27. Wes Welker

4. ginocan - Jamaal Charles...21. Dwayne Bowe.......28. Tom Brady

5. BlueDevils22 - Ray Rice...20. Frank Gore.............29. Peyton Manning

Nicksy, I'm online for like 2 minutes if you can pick here...

There are at least 2 more QBs that I want. But with Bowe being a hit or big miss, I want a sure (top 5) QB to anchor my team. So it was between Brady or Manning. And brady it was.