Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BkNets2012

Dee Gordon 2011 Season Outlook

265 posts in this topic

*waits for jeets to come back and say i told you so in the most a**hole way possible" B)

I can see this guy having some value in the next week. Time to pick up in anticipation for Furcal's departure?

I can see this guy having some value in the next week. Time to pick up in anticipation for Furcal's departure?

possibly, Furcal could be gone by sunday. In a very deep league and if you are desparate of SS it's a logical move.

hes basically Juan Pierre with SS eligibility. good for people in deeper leagues who want cheap speed. not too appealing for everyone else.

It's worth a shot. However, I saw somewhere that the Dodgers have been approached on Furcal and Carroll, and that the Dodgers said they would trade one, but not both, so if Carroll goes, and they decide to keep Furcal, Gordon will probably have little to no value (until Furcal gets hurt again). Then again, if the Dodgers get the right offers for both players, I don't see why they wouldn't trade them both.

Safe to say that Dee is the Dodgers' starting SS next year? especially if Furcal gets moved? Or, regardless?

Safe to say that Dee is the Dodgers' starting SS next year? especially if Furcal gets moved? Or, regardless?

Probably.

Furcal dealt to Cards (He just waived his 10-5 Rights).. Gordon should get significantly more PT with Furcal gone..

Woo. Welcome back to my team Dee....that's if he ends up starting every game.

Woo. Welcome back to my team Dee....that's if he ends up starting every game.

he obviously will, the question is whether he will be in the lineup tomorrow?

he is a very very bad hitter

only value is if you need steals in roto

he is a very very bad hitter

only value is if you need steals in roto

isn't this some sort of joke? He is hitting .340 in triple A? the kid is a decent hitter, obviously no pop, but he can get hits, and that's all he needs to get on base, score runs, and use his best asset, which is his speed (might be the fastest MLB player right now).

I wonder if they'd go with Gwynn and Gordon at the top. Now that would be some serious speed on the basepaths creating some juicy pitches for Ethier and Kemp.

is he the everyday SS or will it be a time share with carroll etc.?

They said he should get 8/10 starts and get a rest when needed if he can prove he is worthy.

why the early hook today????

is he injured or does he just struggle against rightys or something?????

why the early hook today????

is he injured or does he just struggle against rightys or something?????

chasing down the runner, he fell and banged his shoulder.

Medical staff already ruled out dislocation or break so he's day to day.

chasing down the runner, he fell and banged his shoulder.

Medical staff already ruled out dislocation or break so he's day to day.

First Hanley's shoulder, now Dee's... sigh.

anyone know if hes going to miss anytime?????

and heres a summary of my last 2 and half weeks....

<Rest moved to vent thread>

And back to Dee Gordon news.

Please vent in the appropriate topic with your injury woes. It happens to EVERYONE.

Dee's DTD anyway.

You get what you see from this guy hes gonna be an elite speedster playing a relatively talent scarce position he has the bat to hit .280+ but obviously theres not gonna be much if any power i mean you have to expect that when you draft a guy thats 5'11 150 and known for speed being his main assest.

I don't like people bashing him cause hes not a mixed league worthy player, but in deeper leagues hes a valuable asset that steals bases and plays a tough position to fill we all don't play 8,10,12 team leagues with 4 cats.

Run rabbit run.

This guy is going to win me the SB title and possibly my league. If you need steals, I put my money on this 120 pound chicken wing to get the most bags of anyone in the league for the month of September.