Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

markdash

The Rules are Simple!

- If you want to participate, just reply to this thread with the player you think should be ranked next on the draft list

- Rank the nba players based on a Single-Season, Traditional 9-catagory Fantasy League (either H2H or Roto)

- Each player needs 5 votes to be ranked (1-36), 4 votes to be ranked (37-84), and 3 votes to be ranked (84+)

- If you are the final deciding voter for a particular player, it's your duty to start the next thread, name it "#2" or "#18" or whichever # the NEXT pick is. in the body of the thread, copy/paste these directions along with an updated rankings list!

- You can vote ON BEHALF of others! Just cite a previous thread where any member voted for a player, and you can carry over thier vote to make the process faster! (please be specific when doing this). This also means you should be careful who you vote for, any of your votes can be quoted and used against you later!

1. Shawn Marion

2. Kobe Bryant

3. Kevin Garnett

4. LeBron James

5. Gilbert Arenas

6. Dirk Nowitzki

7. Steve Nash

8. Amare Stoudemire

9. Yao Ming

10. ------------

Votes carried over from last round

Tim Duncan - 3

Jason Kidd - 2

Allen Iverson - 1

Pau Gasol - 1

Dwyane Wade - 1

Paul Pierce - 1

Who has voted so far

markdash, SwisherHouse, MustacheToes, nickyd82, rando, acton00, duluoz13, KG4MVP, RedSoxFanForLife

I'm going with Wade here. It's still early in his recovery from surgery. Some reports I've seen have him back within two weeks of the start of the regular season. Big question mark as of now, but if he misses two weeks max, I'll take him here.

Current Vote Totals as of 8/25/07, 10:09 am PDT

Dwyane Wade - 4

Tim Duncan - 3

Jason Kidd - 3

Allen Iverson - 1

Pau Gasol - 1

Paul Pierce - 1

Who has voted so far

markdash, SwisherHouse, MustacheToes, nickyd82, rando, acton00, duluoz13, KG4MVP, RedSoxFanForLife, rotoking07, MonsterZero, cesquinho, 7331T

Wade is my vote. Assists are way hard to come by. He just doesnt shoot 3's. Other than that (plus his injuries) hes a stud.

You have Wade 2x on the list.

Although i am starting to worry about how many players get to this zone that have injudy issues, i'm gonna vote for Dwyane Wade at this point. Falling out of top-10 would be too much penalty for him in my mind.

So ... Dwyane Wade.

Yeah, if Wade were completely healthy he's in the top 4, I think. I'll let my vote stand but if Wade were chosen here I wouldn't feel bad about it at all.

I don't know guys, obviously we have different opinions but I can't draft my first round pick knowing he is going to be out for a long time and no for sure time table on when he will be back. I believe he is expected to be back around December right? If thats right there is zero chances of me taking him there. Suppose one does take him there you are going to then have to have an amazing draft, have other players on other teams go down, be on top and get the #1 pick up of the year, and hope none of your players go down. I just think that it too much to avoid to still make the playoffs or be at the top in ROTO.

Wades gotta be in the top 10...hes supposed to only miss around 2 weeks...plus hes a warrior

Wades gotta be in the top 10...hes supposed to only miss around 2 weeks...plus hes a warrior

Everything I've read says December. If it's the middle of December that's 6 weeks. Simply can't do it in the first round.

How are we doing this the rest of the way? Are we saying a 10 or 12 team league and then snaking backwards for round 2? And if we are should we also be drafting by need based on the way the first round panned out?

Everything I've read says December. If it's the middle of December that's 6 weeks. Simply can't do it in the first round.

How are we doing this the rest of the way? Are we saying a 10 or 12 team league and then snaking backwards for round 2? And if we are should we also be drafting by need based on the way the first round panned out?

I'm pretty sure this is strictly a power ranking and should not be interpreted as a draft performed by a hypothetical league (too many variables to consider there).

A couple of things guys.

First, i agree with markdash in that thisis a power ranking, so i wouldn't mind about who was gotten in the first round.

Second, MustacheToes and nickyd82, you are completely right about Wade. I almost forgot he was going to be out for so long. If he's going to miss more than a month, there's no way i would get him in the first round, especially if this is a roto league. If this was to be a H2H then it would be slightly different, since you could manage his loss for a while if he's healthy come play offs time.

Since you could consider this a Roto league, i would like to change my vote, if that's possible.

Considering all options, and none of them satisfy me plenty, i would change my vote to Jason Kidd.

So, let Kidd be my man.

Sorry for the changing.

Im hearing the first 10 games or so... Still not bad for me. I would only bump him down one spot maybe, maybe.

Flash.

Easy choice for me, the 10 games he'll miss and Gasol will play will easily be made up for with the rest of the season. 26-7 ppg, 2 bpg, 8 apg, 4-5 rpg, good FG % and FT %, and if he adds in a 3, forget it. Steal of the draft, IMHO.

Wade here is a ridiculous choice with the current information we have. A lot of rehab uncertainty for someone who in a normal/healthy season is still always another drive to the hoop away from a wrist/hand/arm/ankle/whatever his drama queen arse is wincing about/ injury. He's closer to 60 games than 70. And 2bpg is ridiculous to expect, let alone 8 ast. I bet he plays 60-65 games, the Yao of guards... While it's a 'plus' he's not getting worn down or injured w/ team USA, Wade in the 1st round is crazy in an August power rankings draft. I should also say I'm thinking in terms of roto, he'll be more valuable in h2h but still not this early...

From Rotoworld on July 17th

Dwyane Wade says he's continuing to work on the six-month timetable for recovery from his May 15 left shoulder surgery.

That would put Wade, who also underwent knee surgery, on track for a return in mid-Novemeber, causing him to miss the first two weeks or so of the regular season. He's certainly made early returns before, but it sounds like this may not be one of those times. Obviously, we'll have a clearer indication as the fall nears, but owners should be prepared to be without their star for at least the first week or two of the season.

Perhaps overzealous on my part for the 2 bpg, but 1 to 1.5 isn't too crazy a ceiling. His stats are tops in fantasy when he's healthy, and I for one think he's going to make an early comeback because the many falls this man goes through signifies his toughness. I believe in the Flash. Haha

Can we just pick Wade and move on to #11? B)

My thoughts, exactly. Haha

especially if this is a roto league. If this was to be a H2H then it would be slightly different, since you could manage his loss for a while if he's healthy come play offs time.

Since you could consider this a Roto league, i would like to change my vote, if that's possible.

Who considers this a roto league. As I said its sort of in between. It means the results will be a little less meaningful, but the exercise certainly is.

I think this would also have a lot to do with the size of your league. If it is a 10 team league, you are getting 2 picks in a row. If you look at the likely late 3rd round candidates, you are looking at a lot of guards. The only bigs that probably fit in late 20's early 30 are JO and Boozer.

The point, you could take Wade here as long as you were confident you'd get Pau as well. Duncan doesn't work because that is 2 serious injury issues in the first 2 rounds. Bad idea. However, if you got Wade and Pau you could pick up someone like Dwill, JJohnson, Redd, Melo (not a guard, but guard like). You then have an insurance policy for Wade and when he comes back, you can make a trade.

In a 12 or 14 team league, who knows who you get on the back side of this.

For this exercise, I'll put Wade over the top. We don't know how big the league is, but 10 teamers are my favorite, so I'll go for it.

Wade

I wasn't considering this a Roto ... i just meant it was possible to consider the league a Roto, just as you could consider it a H2H, so given the doubt, i'd rather not take the risk.

Good point about league size, too, but i was not considering it since we agreed it was more of a power rankings than an actual mock draft.