Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DonnieAvery17

Zack Cozart SS CIN

Can anyone provide information on Zack Cozart? Any idea on when he might arrive and take over for Janish?

Current AAA stats: .323 AVG, 6 HR, 25 RBI, 7 SB

I'm interested as well. I know they have Billy Hamilton as well. Who is the reds SS of the future?

Any other front office would have called him up by now, but Dusty Baker has a fear of starting young players. He's an immediate upgrade over Janish even if his MLB stats will be more similar to his career numbers before this season. Right now, he's the hottest hitter in the minors (he's literally hitting .600 since I dropped him in my dynasty league) and needs to be called up.

Is it safe to say after Dee Gordon Cozart is the next highly touted SS to be called up this year...keeping a close eye on him for keeper purposes; but has anyone see him play or read info on him and can give a player projection ceiling/floor?

Is it safe to say after Dee Gordon Cozart is the next highly touted SS to be called up this year...keeping a close eye on him for keeper purposes; but has anyone see him play or read info on him and can give a player projection ceiling/floor?

Cozart really isn't that highly touted. Prior to this season, his minor league numbers were rather mediocre. I think .260/.320 with 6 HR, a decent amount of runs (if they hit him 2nd like Dusty loves to do with SS), and 8 or so SB from here on out is a reasonable prediction. That said, as a Reds fan, I'd gladly take it over the nightmare that is Janish/Renteria...

Cozart really isn't that highly touted. Prior to this season, his minor league numbers were rather mediocre. I think .260/.320 with 6 HR, a decent amount of runs (if they hit him 2nd like Dusty loves to do with SS), and 8 or so SB from here on out is a reasonable prediction. That said, as a Reds fan, I'd gladly take it over the nightmare that is Janish/Renteria...

Thanks man, I agree Janish is terrible, the black hole at SS and with the way the Reds are struggling i'm hoping for a Cozart call-up. If he hits 2nd before Votto/Bruce, kid will see a ton of fastballs. A decent batting average with a solid amount of steals and runs would be great value at SS especially in that lineup when their hitting

I did some reading on this kid and i'm semi stunned there isn't more chatter about him getting called up.

Kid has power/speed combo and his best attribute seems to be defense.

I know Dusty loves his veterans, but Janish/Renteria have 0 homers combined and have commited 12 total errors.

This cozart kid has 8 errors while hitting .318 / 7 homers / 8 steals.

BA is the kid biggest problem, but this year it's great, K rate down, and BB rate up. Seems to be making all the right adjustments.

I'm taking a flier because it's only a matter of time the switch is made right?

I know we havent seen Zack in the bigs, and it might be a bit premature for comparisons. Im thinking he could put up Stephen Drew-like production? Anyone else agree?

I know we havent seen Zack in the bigs, and it might be a bit premature for comparisons. Im thinking he could put up Stephen Drew-like production? Anyone else agree?

Judging by his minor league numbers. At best, i think he can put up Stephen Drew numbers with more SB's. If he could eventually do that, i'll be very pleased.

Update stats: .319 / 7 HR / 9 SB

What i'm most impressed is the 26 DOUBLES! Dude could end up with near 50 doubles!

Update stats: .319 / 7 HR / 9 SB

What i'm most impressed is the 26 DOUBLES! Dude could end up with near 50 doubles!

Picked him up in prospect dynasty league about 20 minutes ago... could use some SS help after trading starlin castro away..

Stephen Drew hype production or Stephen Drew actual production?

.260 / 15 / 50 / 15 is probably a fairway guess. He looks a lot like Danny Espinosa to me with less power. The scouting reports on him say he doesn't have a ton of speed, just good baserunning instincts. That probably puts him in the Ryan Braun stolen base category, not Billy Hamilton. And his downside is probably Ronny Cedeno -- good defense, not enough offense to matter.

Now, if his current AVG is the real indicator of his potential (rather than his very pedestrian minor league career), then he could be more like .280 / 20 / 80 / 15, and would be significantly valuable.

As is, I'll vote for middle-of-the-road NL-only shortstop, or low-end mixed-league shortstop.