Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cadnams

Dayan Viciedo OF CHW

Starting to pick it up, batting .417 in his last 10 games, it'd be nice to see him hit a few out though. Still only 4 walks in 147 ABs. Fields is starting to struggle big time, this would be a perfect time for Dayan to show his potential.

Don't forget about this guy. Mike Moustakas (Viciedo's divisional and positional rival) is getting a ton of hype right now but Viciedo is probably equally as talented and obviously in a better situation. He is 6 months younger and playing a whole level higher than Moustakas. Right now he is hitting .286 with a .810 OPS in the pitching friendly International League.

But his bat is just starting to wake up. Over his last 10 games he is hitting .371 with a 1.093 OPS. Over that 35 AB span he has 3 HRs and 1 SB 2 BB's and only 5 K's.

Everyone is down on this guy after his first year didn't go so well. I chalk it up mainly due to adjustments... New country, new language, new teamates, new league, etc. Keep an eye on this guy as he could easily hit the bigs this year if Teahen doesn't start producing for The Sox.

Yes, starting to produce in AAA and hitting for a lot more power than he showed last season. He also doesn't have much blocking him in front of him and will play in a homer friendly park if he makes it up to the majors.

Another home run last night gives him 7 on the season

is he going to be a 3rd baseman? i see they have him at 1st

He looks to be a 1B unless they move Teahan. Before Konerko got off to his hot start, the word was he would probably replace Konerko at 1B, shift Konerko to DH. He'll probably play 1B/3B/DH in the bigs. I'm not sure if/how he'll play this year with the White Sox, but probably a cup of tea then look for a starting role next year I'm assuming.

Another home run last night gives him 7 on the season

Striking out 23% of the time though....but yes, the power is nice.

he's going to be a high K guy. the problem i have is that he doesnt walk at all. only 4 in 33 games, 123 ABs.

the combination of the high Ks and no BBs is not good.

Viciedo's an interesting prospect to watch. It's hard to gague him because despite the red flags (overweight, bad k/bb, etc), he continues posting decent numbers. The .310 on-base percentage has gotta improve, but I like the fact here is posting respectable numbers in AAA at a reasonably young age only a year after defecting.

3 for 4 with another big fly tonight! B)

5 hits in his last 3 games, two doubles and two bombs. The guy has to be closing in on a major league promotion.

His AAA numbers aren't really looking too far off from Pedro Alvarez's. Who ironically is debuting today against The White Sox.

5 hits in his last 3 games, two doubles and two bombs. The guy has to be closing in on a major league promotion.

His AAA numbers aren't really looking too far off from Pedro Alvarez's. Who ironically is debuting today against The White Sox.

Viciedo's home park massively inflates homeruns. I'd temper my expectations.

Splits

Home: .297/.350/.631 (.334 ISO)

Away: .275/.296/.408 (.133 ISO)

Splits

A lot of great players hit much better at their own homepark.

Splits

While it doesn't massively inflate HR, US Cell certainly won't be a hindrance

While it doesn't massively inflate HR, US Cell certainly won't be a hindrance

You have to be a Major League caliber hitter to take advantage of that, though.

You have to be a Major League caliber hitter to take advantage of that, though.

lol, are you implying Viciedo isnt?

lol, are you implying Viciedo isnt?

That's exactly what I'm implying. He has a chance to be in the future, but nothing he's done in Triple-A at the moment gives us any indication that he's close to being ready.

That's exactly what I'm implying. He has a chance to be in the future, but nothing he's done in Triple-A at the moment gives us any indication that he's close to being ready.

Dayan over his last 7 games is 11/28 (.393) with 3 2B's and 3 HR's and only 2 K's.]

If you take out Dayan's slow April he is 47/155 for a .303/.353/.574 and a .927 OPS. He only has 29 K's over those 155 ABs for a K every 5.344 AB. Which is much better than Pedro Alvarez's (May/June) contact rate of 3.74.

Dayan is also is sproting a May/June XBH rate of 46.81%

With Teahen down the kid has more than earned a shot at the bigs. Dayan is probably just as MLB ready as hyped prospects Pedro Alvarez and Mike Stanton at this point. He also will be playing in a much better hitters park than either of them.

With how hot Dayan is right now I would expect him to put up similar numbers than Josh Fields did the first year he got called up for The White Sox in 2007 when he hit 23 HRs in 100 games. With the kind of upside to put up even better numbers than that especially in the average and HR department.

Fields was hitting .283/.394/.498 over 205 ABs with 39 BB's and 60 K's. Fields walked way more but also K'ed a lot more. Viciedo has far more power and far more upside than Fields did 3 years ago when he shocked the bigs with his power.

If Dayan starts out hot and sticks around in the bigs all year I could see a .265 - .270 20 HR season for the kid.

up to .303, 4 HR, & 21 RBIs

6/8, 2 2B, 1 HR, 4 RBIs past 2 games at toledo

is this kid the most underated prospect in the minors or what ?

plus great park, should be good lineup and pretty clear path to majors

is this kid the most underated prospect in the minors or what ?

plus great park, should be good lineup and pretty clear path to majors

His clear path my be in LF, not 3B.