Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cadnams

Dayan Viciedo OF CHW

His clear path my be in LF, not 3B.

Either or, Pierre is gone after this year so def LF

and the sox 3B position isnt exactly blocked by a Pujols

Just picked this dude up after realizing that, surprisingly, no one had him rostered in my 18 team dynasty. Can we expect a call up anytime soon? And would he be in line for consistent PT? I'd LOVE for him to somehow find a way to stick at 3B (even though he's apparently in the OF nowadays)...

Just picked this dude up after realizing that, surprisingly, no one had him rostered in my 18 team dynasty. Can we expect a call up anytime soon? And would he be in line for consistent PT? I'd LOVE for him to somehow find a way to stick at 3B (even though he's apparently in the OF nowadays)...

The White Sox need to change something. It's not just the bullpen that has blow chunks this year.

excellent pickup for a deep dynasty league, I think cause he came from Cuba he flies way under the radar but he has real good upside,

looks like he will end up in the OF and not 3B but we can wish, he doesent walk but has the power, was up for a cup of tea last year and did not fare well but is still real young. I would think white sox call him up this year at some point.

excellent pickup for a deep dynasty league, I think cause he came from Cuba he flies way under the radar but he has real good upside,

looks like he will end up in the OF and not 3B but we can wish, he doesent walk but has the power, was up for a cup of tea last year and did not fare well but is still real young. I would think white sox call him up this year at some point.

coulda done worse than .308, 5 HRs, 13 RBIs in 100 ABs

White Sox minor leaguer Dayan Viciedo broke a 1-for-11 slump at Triple-A Charlotte on Tuesday with a 4-for-5 performance. He homered, doubled and drove in five runs. Viciedo is hitting .439 (18 for 41) with two homers and 13 RBI in his last 10 games. "If we didn't have Carlos Quentin out there [in right field], he would be out there right now, knocking the ball around," White Sox GM Ken Williams told MLB.com. "The ball doesn't come off anybody's bat that we have any harder than it comes off that kid's bat." It seems manager Ozzie Guillen is already lobbying for Viciedo to get promoted. "I think it's time for us to give this kid a shot and say, 'You're going to be outfield, DH, first base, third base,' whatever he is," Guillen said.

White Sox minor leaguer Dayan Viciedo broke a 1-for-11 slump at Triple-A Charlotte on Tuesday with a 4-for-5 performance. He homered, doubled and drove in five runs. Viciedo is hitting .439 (18 for 41) with two homers and 13 RBI in his last 10 games. "If we didn't have Carlos Quentin out there [in right field], he would be out there right now, knocking the ball around," White Sox GM Ken Williams told MLB.com. "The ball doesn't come off anybody's bat that we have any harder than it comes off that kid's bat." It seems manager Ozzie Guillen is already lobbying for Viciedo to get promoted. "I think it's time for us to give this kid a shot and say, 'You're going to be outfield, DH, first base, third base,' whatever he is," Guillen said.

Make it happen, Ozzie B)

ESPN Chicago's Doug Padilla suggests that Dayan Viciedo could get called up as soon as Monday.

With Mark Teahen nursing an oblique injury, there is room for Viciedo to provide coverage in both the outfield and third base. He's hitting .312 with five homers and 28 RBI at Triple-A Charlotte this season, but likely won't get enough at-bats to be a factor in re-draft leagues this year

ESPN Chicago's Doug Padilla suggests that Dayan Viciedo could get called up as soon as Monday.

With Mark Teahen nursing an oblique injury, there is room for Viciedo to provide coverage in both the outfield and third base. He's hitting .312 with five homers and 28 RBI at Triple-A Charlotte this season, but likely won't get enough at-bats to be a factor in re-draft leagues this year

I wouldnt be so sure of the not get enough at bats part B)

great news if this is true, but he'll need the ABs, i could use a 3B to fill in with Panda on the DL

great news if this is true, but he'll need the ABs, i could use a 3B to fill in with Panda on the DL

I thought they scrapped the idea that he could play 3B. Would be a change in plans if they put him there everyday.

not sure where he would play; LF and 3B seem to be the only options and i find it hard to believe they bench pierre

Mon, May 16

"Manager Ozzie Guillen said he would not want to recall Viciedo from Triple-A Charlotte without having everyday playing time available, the Chicago Tribune reports.

Recommendation: Some in Chicago have thrown Viciedo's name around as a possible roster replacement for the hobbled Mark Teahen (oblique). Viciedo has hit .395/.455/.579 with five walks over his last 10 games for Charlotte, which looks tempting when many of the White Sox regulars are hitting below .250, but it does not look like there is an outfield spot open for the converted third baseman. He should be up at some point this season, even if it's not in the immediate future."

B)

FWIW, even though Pierre is scuffling, the problem is that CHW still needs speed/runs at the top of the order. Viciedo is the classic power/high-K masher.

I also think he could use a little more AAA time, as he was incredibly vulnerable to offspeed/advanced MLB approaches, and his K/BB rate in AAA suggests he's still not quite there yet (although he is improving, for sure). But, yeah, if he could play ANY 3B, he'd probably be an upgrade even now over Teahen & Morel.

1/3, 3 rbis

hasnt struck out in 3 games (yay)

up to 35 rbis which i believe is 2nd best for all in the international league

1/3, 3 rbis

hasnt struck out in 3 games (yay)

up to 35 rbis which i believe is 2nd best for all in the international league

That game was Sunday as Monday's game was rained out. He has 32 rbi's which is still 2nd in the International League behind Jorge Vazquez (38)

That game was Sunday as Monday's game was rained out. He has 32 rbi's which is still 2nd in the International League behind Jorge Vazquez (38)

oh lol...stud anyways B)

White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen said Dallas McPherson got the call over Dayan Viciedo because he wants Viciedo to continue to play every day.

"There's no reason why you call him up and then you have to sit him down," Guillen said. "You have to open a spot. The way we're playing, I think we should keep the ballclub the way it was. As soon as Viciedo is here, I think he's here for good. To pinch-hit or play once a week, that's kind of hard for us and for him." Viciedo is also considered more of an outfielder than a third baseman at this point, and most of his playing time would have come at the hot corner had he been promoted. He's batting .315 with five home runs and 32 RBI at Triple-A.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/5588/dayan-viciedo

It's amazing, Chicago has two of the most poorly managed teams in all of baseball.

It's amazing, Chicago has two of the most poorly managed teams in all of baseball.

I don't think this was the wrong move. I agree with Ozzie. Don't bring him up until he is guaranteed every day ABs. It does him no good to sit on the bench. Also, like RRF mentioned, he could still use some time on the farm to work on the K/BB rate. I want him up as much as the next guy, but not if he is going to go all Pedro Alvarez 2011 on us. I've already got one of those.

Dayan is heating up with the weather.

Over his last 10 games he's 15 for 39 (.385) with 2 HRs for an OPS of 1.060 with 5 BB's to only 4 K's!!

It won't be long before he cements his bat into the big league lineup there in Chicago. Odds are he ends up playing mainly 1B or OF though as Morel (Teahen too) is far superior defensively.

how is he gonna play 1B? Seems like we are gonna be waiting for Pierre to be DFAed or something

2 more HRs today to get him to 8 to go with 36 RBIs

Bring this guy up already. Just start giving him some time at 3B in AAA...if he brings it with the bat, it'll overshadow whatever the mighty combo of Teahen/Morel can do defensively.