Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cadnams

Dayan Viciedo OF CHW

Pulled in the 6th inning today. Not sure why yet but I guess a callup is a possibility.

B)

CLEVELAND – Manager Ozzie Guillen has heard all the cries from White Sox fans who want Dayan Viciedo on the roster immediately.

With Saturday’s rained out game against the Indians expected to be moved to September as part of a day-night doubleheader, Guillen was asked in jest if that means Viciedo will be there to help the cause.

“Well if Viciedo is going to be the White Sox’s savior we will be in deep [expletive] … and you can quote me on that,” Guillen said. “If we wait for [expletive] Viciedo to be the savior, we’re in deep [expletive] if we wait for a Triple-A kid to come here and be the savior."

The Cuban has cooled off a bit at Triple-A Charlotte, but is still batting .307 with 16 home runs and 64 RBIs heading into play Saturday.

“Can he help? Yes,” Guillen said. “Is he going to be the savior? I like the talent we have here.”

we are talkin about Ozzie Guillen here. He will ride the corpses of Juan Pierre/Mark Teahen until the end of the year

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0,1934675.story

Ozzie is just flat-out stubborn at this point. He doesn't have room to play him yet he can't wait to fill out a lineup card with Teahan, Dunn, Pierre and Rios. Kenny Williams needs to force Ozzie's hand by removing one of his guys.

It can't be Teahan, as Viciedo won't be playing 3B anymore. It's gotta be Pierre, as Dunn and Rios are owed to much money to be sitting on the pine.

"Well if Viciedo is going to be the White Sox's savior we will be in deep [expletive] … and you can quote me on that," Guillen said. "If we wait for [expletive] Viciedo to be the savior, we're in deep [expletive] if we wait for a Triple-A kid to come here and be the savior."

Hahaha, this is so sad it's unbelievable. ChiSox fans, you should demand his firing daily, he cannot control his mouth nor does he seem to know what he is doing, really an incredible combo.

As much as I want to see Viciedo up here I think it is kind of unfair to blame Ozzie. I mean there isn't really anywhere to play him. He cant play 3B because that is not his position any more. He can basically play 1B/DH/OF. Konerko is locked in at 1B and even with how terrible Dunn has been they cant just bench him completely given the amount of money he makes and he has 3 years left. Rios is similar to Dunn and Quentin is like their best hitter after Konerko. Of course that leaves Pierre, their only legitimate leadoff hitter and speed threat who has hit 300+ for past month.

I wish they could just stick Viciedo at 3B until a spot opens up elsewhere. Not like Teahen's UZR is that much better at 3B anyhow (seeing as thats who they play their everyday)

B)

Thats the problem with these guaranteed contracts, Dunn makes so much money so even if he sucks in epic fashion he has to play cause ownership is paying the money, playing time is dictated too much by money and not enough by actual performance/attitude. Dunn could make epic worst full time player in 1 season ever though so at least there will be that an epic failure record and he is way on his way there.

yea, cant bench guys cuz then they are already pissing money away since there is no way guys like dunn are gonna get out of their slump if they dont play

just sucks

dunn is past slump stage, he is in retirement stage, lol. wish he would retire that way there be room for viciedo

Would you retire if you were making the kind of money that he's making?

No I wouldnt, in fact I would try to get on DL so I can just relax at the same time as well. But thats me.

but seriously and this will be last time i reply on dunn since this is not his thread, but these contracts should not be guaratneed for more than 1 year, there should be a clause that if a player for example fails to hit above .200 entire season of his first contract year then he still gets money as agreed for year 1 but his contract for rest of the years becomes void.

I lost the link to the story, but did you all see Williams saying he was debating "blowing up the entire roster and going young"? I hope he does that, then we will definitely see Viciedo.

I lost the link to the story, but did you all see Williams saying he was debating "blowing up the entire roster and going young"? I hope he does that, then we will definitely see Viciedo.

They will find no takers for some on the contract they have. Between them and the Cubs they have the worst contracts of any teams.

so no trade of Quentin (granted i think viciedo is hurt right now) so this is how its gonna be? Just piss a year away and let him rot, awesome

Glad I have people in my leagues who had guys in A Ball to start out year and shot up to the majors and I got some dude who started the year in AAA and raked throughout and will never see the light

I would play him over that other guy they have playing over rios

I would play him over that other guy they have playing over rios

If Rios sits then they need a CF'er. And DeAza can play there, Viciedo/Pierre/Quentin can't

i read on cbs that the white sox are expected to be the team that claimed thome; need to add as many players as possible to make sure viciedo can be a AAA all star for next ten years

Q to the DL and the Tank has to get a shot now. Wonder who plays RF once Pauly can play the field, Dunn or Tank.

It's showtime!!! Just recalled!!!

2 for 2: 3-Run Bomb..welcome back to the show! why didnt i have you in my UTIL spot instead of Hosmer