Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

footballpimp

Yahoo "Experts" Article

Saw this a couple days back. It basically showed how the pitchers' who throw the best fastball, change, curve, and sliders based on runs above average. The top fastballs and changeups were filled with aces and top notch starters. On the other hand the top sliders and curves where filled with mostly at best average starters. I'm really going to try to take this into consideration when judging prospects, because I feel that we tend to fall in love with the pitchers with the great offspeed stuff, but in reality the fastball is the most thrown pitch by far.

If anyone can find this article it would be greatly appreciated.

Saw this a couple days back. It basically showed how the pitchers' who throw the best fastball, change, curve, and sliders based on runs above average. The top fastballs and changeups were filled with aces and top notch starters. On the other hand the top sliders and curves where filled with mostly at best average starters. I'm really going to try to take this into consideration when judging prospects, because I feel that we tend to fall in love with the pitchers with the great offspeed stuff, but in reality the fastball is the most thrown pitch by far.

If anyone can find this article it would be greatly appreciated.

Speed difference is always what I look for when I target pitchers. I generally am not a big fan of a guy who throws 90-92, with a 85 to 86 MPH change up. I like guys like Hamels than have a mid 90's heater, and an upper 70's change up. Generally 10 to 12+ MPH difference between fastball and change up is ideal. These type of pitchers, if they have really good control, are going to the most successful.

I love pitchers with a good change-up. Not only does the hitter have to get the location right but also the speed. That's 2 variables as opposed to one.

I love pitchers with a good change-up. Not only does the hitter have to get the location right but also the speed. That's 2 variables as opposed to one.

Also a change up is far less stressful on your arm than a slider, curve, and even a fastball.

Isn't the term "Yahoo Expert" an oxymoron? B)

LOL....I like Piano's $$ reranks through the season..

Isn't the term "Yahoo Expert" an oxymoron? B)

Who really is an "Expert" or "Guru" these days?

Almost a majority of the articles I see anywhere nowadays rarely talks about a guy that is available in the 3 leagues that I play in. Maybe with some prospects that these guys recommend, but even those are 50/50 chances if they aren't a full blown prospect.

Yahoo, CBS, ESPN and so on and so on, are all advisers to your average fantasy leagues, which I'm guessing are shallow 10-12 teamers?

I'm pretty sure there are alot of fantasy "experts" on this message board that may not have the same means to give advice as regularly as the fantasy pundits of the industry, but are just as informed if not more.