Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teamshameless

The Rules are Simple!

- If you want to participate, just reply to this thread with the player you think should be ranked next on the draft list

- Rank the nba players based on a Single-Season, Traditional 9-catagory Fantasy League (either H2H or Roto)

- Each player needs 5 votes to be ranked (1-36), 4 votes to be ranked (37-84), and 3 votes to be ranked (84+)

- If you are the final deciding voter for a particular player, it's your duty to start the next thread, name it "#2" or "#18" or whichever # the NEXT pick is. in the body of the thread, copy/paste these directions along with an updated rankings list!

- You can vote ON BEHALF of others! Just cite a previous thread where any member voted for a player, and you can carry over thier vote to make the process faster! (please be specific when doing this). This also means you should be careful who you vote for, any of your votes can be quoted and used against you later!

1. Shawn Marion

2. Kobe Bryant

3. Kevin Garnett

4. LeBron James

5. Gilbert Arenas

6. Dirk Nowitzki

7. Steve Nash

8. Amare Stoudemire

9. Yao Ming

10. Wade

11. ??

Pau

As far as I can tell, the vote count is as follows, but someone should double check.

Tim Duncan - 3

Jason Kidd - 3

Allen Iverson - 1

Pau Gasol - 1 (2 including my vote)

Paul Pierce - 1

Pau for me, lone option in a fast paced team? Good to go for numbero 11

Current Standings as of 8/26/07, 8:23 pm PDT:

Tim Duncan - 4

Pau Gasol - 4

Jason Kidd - 3

Allen Iverson - 1

Paul Pierce - 1

Chris Paul - 1

Who has voted so far

markdash, SwisherHouse, MustacheToes, nickyd82, rando, acton00, duluoz13, RedSoxFanForLife, cesquinho, teamshameless, 7331T, MonsterZero, KingGonzo, KG4MVP

I am going to send out PMs to the people who have voted in previous rounds but have not had their vote cast for this week yet.(rotoking07, monsterzero, KG4MVP)

By the way, I will just keep rolling my vote forward (Duncan) for lack of a superior alternative.

Wait, can I vote again? It doesn't look like my choice will be chosen any time soon and if not I'd at least like to change my vote for the time being if I can do that.

Wait, can I vote again? It doesn't look like my choice will be chosen any time soon and if not I'd at least like to change my vote for the time being if I can do that.

You can't "vote again," per se, but you can feel free to change your vote for any reason at any time (unless you've been coerced; in that case, I'm sorry, we'll all miss your pinky finger).

Worst pick, in my opinion is going for CP3. Sure, you get the 9 assists and the 18 ppg from a PG, but unless you're getting the big leg up from other PGs that you can get for cheap you just wasted a pick. CP3's stats are similar to Deron's, who's similar with Baron, who's similar with AI, or a Billups, or a Kidd, and so on and so forth. Oh, for the AI example, I needed another decent/mid-elite PG to compare CP3 with. Also, if its assists you want, pick up a Felton or a Andre Miller. There's too many dishing PGs to have without using a first to second round pick.

Sorry guys... Like I mentioned earlier, I've been away from the computer the last two days. Well, it looks like it's between Gasol or Duncan. I like Gasol here, so it looks like he's the 11th pick with 5 votes.

Worst pick, in my opinion is going for CP3. Sure, you get the 9 assists and the 18 ppg from a PG, but unless you're getting the big leg up from other PGs that you can get for cheap you just wasted a pick. CP3's stats are similar to Deron's, who's similar with Baron, who's similar with AI, or a Billups, or a Kidd, and so on and so forth. Oh, for the AI example, I needed another decent/mid-elite PG to compare CP3 with. Also, if its assists you want, pick up a Felton or a Andre Miller. There's too many dishing PGs to have without using a first to second round pick.

Really? It is the worst pick? So if I pick Darko instead then that is a better pick? Also your saying I can get draft Kidd later on yet he was almost made the 11th pick right here. So no I stand by my pick of Paul at #11.

Wow, taking the context way too anal for me, man. Read what I wrote, wow.. and don't pick on the one mistake, even if it seems like it might be the biggest but the rest of my argument obviously doesn't encourage a Darko sighting for number 11. Man...

Wow, taking the context way too anal for me, man. Read what I wrote, wow.. and don't pick on the one mistake, even if it seems like it might be the biggest but the rest of my argument obviously doesn't encourage a Darko sighting for number 11. Man...

Isnt that kind of contradicting since you only picked on one part of my arguement?