Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Harsh

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY

Happy 4th, fellas! Hope everyone had an awesome time tonight and is continuing to have an awesome time. Light some firecrackers, slap some burgers on the grill and have a few beers!

Cheers! Love grilling out and drinking beers with close friends and family.

Best day of the year. Not even close to anything else.

I agree. Nothing beats a backyard kegger with about 40 heads. How was it in the city? I wanted to go but couldn't really pass up on a nice kickback with a bunch of people.

I agree. Nothing beats a backyard kegger with about 40 heads. How was it in the city? I wanted to go but couldn't really pass up on a nice kickback with a bunch of people.

Got it all wrong Harsh. I introduce to you Kamp Kanter.

An ongoing tradition passed down from my sister to my brother to me. I took over about 6 years ago. We kegger at the house and our neighbors always put on fireworks shows for their kids. Just pure insanity of a day with wiffleball, kegs, beer pong, beer die and natural grass B)

Anyway, this year was different because it rained, but I underestimated my friends. I sulked in bed for 45 minutes thinking the day was ruined. Everyone rallied, embraced the rain and had a hell of a day.

Went to a local town and watched fireworks the next night (party on 3rd). Just an amazing day. Nothing, and I truly mean NOTHING, beats July 4 weekend.

Got it all wrong Harsh. I introduce to you Kamp Kanter.

An ongoing tradition passed down from my sister to my brother to me. I took over about 6 years ago. We kegger at the house and our neighbors always put on fireworks shows for their kids. Just pure insanity of a day with wiffleball, kegs, beer pong, beer die and natural grass B)

Anyway, this year was different because it rained, but I underestimated my friends. I sulked in bed for 45 minutes thinking the day was ruined. Everyone rallied, embraced the rain and had a hell of a day.

Went to a local town and watched fireworks the next night (party on 3rd). Just an amazing day. Nothing, and I truly mean NOTHING, beats July 4 weekend.

Give me Turkey Day all day everyday over the 4th. I love getting that taste of winter, even though it's not quite there yet. Football games all day long. Usually have a fire in the pit outside going, as well as in the fireplace. Stuffing your face with food, and no thoughts of the gym at all. Staring the drinking earlier in the morning with bloody mary's, mimosas (sp?), and/or screwdrivers... And I love the seperation after dinner when the guys grab a stogie and watch more football, and the women go talk about whatever crap they talk about. Don't get me wrong, the 4th is very good, but I'll take that above every chance I get. Plus you never have to worry about work the next day. I hate that nasty hangover the day after the 4th when the next day is a weekday.

Give me Turkey Day all day everyday over the 4th. I love getting that taste of winter, even though it's not quite there yet. Football games all day long. Usually have a fire in the pit outside going, as well as in the fireplace. Stuffing your face with food, and no thoughts of the gym at all. Staring the drinking earlier in the morning with bloody mary's, mimosas (sp?), and/or screwdrivers... And I love the seperation after dinner when the guys grab a stogie and watch more football, and the women go talk about whatever crap they talk about. Don't get me wrong, the 4th is very good, but I'll take that above every chance I get. Plus you never have to worry about work the next day. I hate that nasty hangover the day after the 4th when the next day is a weekday.

I definitely can't argue against the logic of having T-Day as your #1. For me, it's not being trapped inside. Not to say you are trapped (in a bad way) on T-Day, but you're limited in what you can do. 4th of July is a free for all that for me, only happens once a year. I have that Thanksgiving Experience every football Sunday when I sit and don't move for 12 hours.

I definitely can't argue against the logic of having T-Day as your #1. For me, it's not being trapped inside. Not to say you are trapped (in a bad way) on T-Day, but you're limited in what you can do. 4th of July is a free for all that for me, only happens once a year. I have that Thanksgiving Experience every football Sunday when I sit and don't move for 12 hours.

Hah, I hear you on that... for us, it's usually around 100 degrees every day in July. However, November is usually in the mid-40s. So that's perfect weather for putting on a light coat, and hanging out on the deck watching the games with the guys.