Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

imnottheonly

Nolan Arenado 3B COL

256 posts in this topic

Rendon not really hitting this spring, anyone worried?

i still think he's going to be a stud, i just hope the Rockies give him a chance this year and don't waste too much time on Casey Blake or Pacheco

I think you meant Arenado...I think he'll be up around late June/early July. Played great in A ball and AFL.

If you meant Rendon, I wouldn't be concerned at all about how he played in ST. As long as he's healthy, I think he's a sure bet to be at minimum a producing regular, with a significant opportunity to be a top caliber player at whatever position he ends up. He actually played a little SS during ST as well.

Definitely meant Arenado, musta had Rendon in the back of my mind haha.

ya I'm hoping Arenado makes it to the big leagues by at least mid-season, could be a great late round keeper pick.

Definitely meant Arenado, musta had Rendon in the back of my mind haha.

ya I'm hoping Arenado makes it to the big leagues by at least mid-season, could be a great late round keeper pick.

Late round keeper pick?

From Rotoworld:

Rockies released 3B Casey Blake.

Blake entered spring training as the favorite for the starting third base job, but struggled to stay healthy and batted just .150 (3-for-20) with a homer and seven strikeouts. The 38-year-old may just opt for retirement at this point. The Rockies appear content to go with Jordan Pacheco and Chris Nelson as stop-gap options until top prospect Nolan Arenado is deemed ready for the big leagues.

His BB/K rate makes me think he's going to dominate the minors again this year. I wouldn't be to surprised if he's in the majors by the end of the year and their opening day next year.

From Rotoworld:

Rockies released 3B Casey Blake.

Blake entered spring training as the favorite for the starting third base job, but struggled to stay healthy and batted just .150 (3-for-20) with a homer and seven strikeouts. The 38-year-old may just opt for retirement at this point. The Rockies appear content to go with Jordan Pacheco and Chris Nelson as stop-gap options until top prospect Nolan Arenado is deemed ready for the big leagues.

Pacheco should get the majority of at bats in the meantime.

Pacheco should get the majority of at bats in the meantime.

Does anyone have any faith in Nelson anymore?

I remember when they drafted him and the concern was he and Tulo played the same position...talk about different career paths.

He will never be a regular at 3B, or if he is thats gonna be 1 punchless 3Bman. His best chance is backup infielder for a couple years then take the riens at 2B when The Scooter hangs it up.

Since we're on the topic of Rendon vs. Arenado, who is the better keeper stash? Rendon seems more interesting to me b/c he could move to 2B and a 2B with power is more valuable than the 3B.

Since we're on the topic of Rendon vs. Arenado, who is the better keeper stash? Rendon seems more interesting to me b/c he could move to 2B and a 2B with power is more valuable than the 3B.

If I had to pick one I would lean toward Rendon. I think he has the better pedigree and some of skills seem a bit more refined. I think they are very similar in terms of ceiling but I think Rendon has a little higher floor.

Thanks...Arenado is supposed to come up this year and Rendon probably not until mid 2013. Isn't there more value to Arenado now b/c he could be a guy who comes up now and mashes and helps fantasy owners this year.

Thanks...Arenado is supposed to come up this year and Rendon probably not until mid 2013. Isn't there more value to Arenado now b/c he could be a guy who comes up now and mashes and helps fantasy owners this year.

Prospects is a long haul deal, not year to year. Like a fine whine

Prospects is a long haul deal, not year to year. Like a fine whine

Or a gorgeous tantrum...

I'd probably go with Arenado. Younger and the Coors factor. At this stage both are similarly proven (High A ball is similar to major college ball)

Had a great debut in AA tonight. 4-5, 2 R, 2B, 3 RBI. And it was against one of San Deigo's better pitching prospects too. Picking up right where he left off last year.

1 person likes this

Commence Lawrie-esque hype sequence in.......

Personally, I think Arenado will be better.

1 person likes this

Hopefully. I have them both tho so I'm set either way.

Had a great debut in AA tonight. 4-5, 2 R, 2B, 3 RBI. And it was against one of San Deigo's better pitching prospects too. Picking up right where he left off last year.

Which one of the SD pitchers was it?

Juan Oramas. Don't know a ton about him, but he's rated as their 16th best prospect, right in between Anthony Bass and Donavan Tate.

His numbers seem impressive but seeing him on youtube he doesn't look like a star. No way is he better than Lawrie.

Is that really Arenado?

Has he improved his swing drastically?

Well this is the middle of last year with Modesto..

and then the fall league in October..

It seems slightly different. But I don't necessarily see what's wrong with it anyway. His follow through was a little awkward a couple times in your video from two years ago, but not much else. I think more importantly is that he has a great eye and is able to cover the whole plate and consistently make contact, even just to foul pitches off. That's the sign of a good hitter to me, ala Todd Helton.

1 person likes this