Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DrRazvi

Tablet Computers

Looking to purchase a tablet soon. I would like something smaller and lighter than a laptop to carry around to be able to follow my leagues. I mostly have Yahoo leaques and use their stattracker program.

Anybody out there have experience running statracker on a tablet? I know Yahoo has their fantasy football app, but that doesn't give you live updates of the game action like the stattracker does. It just updates pts.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

NFL Sunday Ticket to go app for Ipad lets you watch 8 games simultaneously. Ipad is the cheapest and best. I would not even look at another unless there is some serious price cuts going on.

iPad 2.

iPad 2.

Agreed - I wasted $300 on an Android tablet b/c it was a lot cheaper, and found out why - the Android platform is horrible for tablets. Windows might eventually come out w/ something that's more or less comparable, but you cannot beat iOS right now (and I'm an Apple hater, FWIW).

Agreed - I wasted $300 on an Android tablet b/c it was a lot cheaper, and found out why - the Android platform is horrible for tablets. Windows might eventually come out w/ something that's more or less comparable, but you cannot beat iOS right now (and I'm an Apple hater, FWIW).

To addend, I just recently browsed around the XDA forums and they have a pretty stable Honeycomb port if you feel the inclination to get your hands dirty...That plus a semi-pirated Netflix app (you can find it on the same forums) and you can run it stably on most Tegra 2 based tablets.

I'd still probably recommend the iPad2 for its slickness and ease of support, but you might want to play around with some tablets before you sink a lot of money into one - frankly a laptop or netbook still has more usefulness to the everyday user (unless you ONLY want to browse the internet).

I tried to play around with the Xoom and the Galaxy but they were not nearly as solid or slick. You can also pick up the 1st gen iPad for $300 on Craigslist.

I'm sorry, I have an ipad2 and i think it's useless for fantasy.

I can't even draft on ipad2 because it doesn't support flash. How would you watch games on that thing?

I'm sorry, I have an ipad2 and i think it's useless for fantasy.

I can't even draft on ipad2 because it doesn't support flash. How would you watch games on that thing?

Have you checked out MLB.TV? It's awesome.

Why would you draft on an iPad2? Most videos worth watching don't use Flash. If you wanted Flash, you can download a different browser anyway.