Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

King Gonzo

Hate Rod Allen (Tigers TV Announcer)

I completely agree. He says some of the stupidest things. I was just talking about how he was talking about Edgar Renteria a couple years ago and said "Well, mario, you know what they say: you can rent a car...but you cant renteria."

who says that?

I completely agree. He says some of the stupidest things. I was just talking about how he was talking about Edgar Renteria a couple years ago and said "Well, mario, you know what they say: you can rent a car...but you cant renteria."

who says that?

Lol yeah. I remember soemtimes he calls Pudge "Little Pudgy Wudgy." HAHA. But I hate his bias comments too. There was one game where he was saying someone who has 21? erros shouldnt be playing SS (basically ripping Betancourt I think) and then Guillen made an error next inning which was his 21 or 22 and he said some crap that you cant measure someone's defense by errors.

haha wow thank god i dont think ive ever heard this guy annoince some games

Personally I find him hilarious. He's definitely not a great announcer as far as being insightful and having a great grasp of the game, but the guy says the funniest stuff constantly. I see it as the Tigers being loyal to Mario and Rod since they were the announcers for one of (if not the) worst teams in baseball history. They deserve to be around for the good team. I get a laugh every time, but I can see where they can quickly get annoying if you're watching for some quality analysis.

who says that?

No way man, anyone who says that is GREAT in my book. I am going to have to start watching more Tigers games now.

Personally I find him hilarious. He's definitely not a great announcer as far as being insightful and having a great grasp of the game, but the guy says the funniest stuff constantly. I see it as the Tigers being loyal to Mario and Rod since they were the announcers for one of (if not the) worst teams in baseball history. They deserve to be around for the good team. I get a laugh every time, but I can see where they can quickly get annoying if you're watching for some quality analysis.

Maybe I laugh at him but not with him. I just find him annoying.

I think Rod Allen botched the Galarraga perfect game call. If you had a chance to watch the game call, Allen kept looking at Galaragga's feet, at first thinking he had missed the base. NOT ONCE did Allen consider the possibility that Galaragga had BOBBLED THE BALL, which is actually what happened.

Not once did the replay show the play from the clearest angle WITHOUT STOPPING the play where the video crew thought Galaragga had possession of the ball. Allen was clueless to this fact and didn't ask for the play to be shown without interruption.

Two Words!

Michael Kay.

4 more - John Sterling, Suzyn Waldman

How did the Yankees get stuck believing that fans actually like these 3 enough to make them the "voices" of the Yankees. Oh, how I long for the days of Bill White making fun of the Scooter.

Any night with Ken Singleton at the controls is a pleasant one. Maybe, now that Gus Johnson is free from his CBS duties, they can hire him to do the games. How fun would baseball games be with him announcing?