Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2Balls

Mt. Rushmores

Dan Patrick has been talking recently about Jeter, and if he belongs on the Yankees' "Mt. Rushmore." Got me thinking about some of the Detroit teams, and their Mt. Rushmore (obviously referring to the 4 greatest).

So I thought I'd start a thread. The beauty is while it obviously goes with sports, I think you can do a Mt. Rushmore of Hotness. A Mt. Rushmore of Beers...etc. The possibilities are endless!

So I'm going to start with the Detroit Tigers. Wish I could include some I grew up with, but just not sure any would make the coveted top 4.

Detroit Tigers:

Ty Cobb

Al Kaline

Hank Greenberg

Charlie Gehringer

Some that just missed Trammell, Morris, Whitaker from those great Tigers teams in the 80s (extremely underrated...all 3 of them).

Sparky Anderson and Ernie Harwell (manager and announcer on the list?)

And Miguel Cabrera could at one time replace one of these guys on the Mountain.

Add yours....

Yanks isn't really possible.

I'll go with rappers...

Eminem

Jay-Z

2Pac

Biggie

3 out of 4 ain't bad B) Jay-Z???

Yanks is definitely possible. Ruth and Gehrig likely on no doubt. Then you have Mantle, W.Ford, maybe Jeter. You took the easy way out.

3 out of 4 ain't bad B) Jay-Z???

Yanks is definitely possible. Ruth and Gehrig likely on no doubt. Then you have Mantle, W.Ford, maybe Jeter. You took the easy way out.

Haha. First off, yea HOV is up there. I'd say he's earned it for sure. Who else would be over him?

But I'll go with the Yanks one I pulled since, IMO, there are 3 no brainers.

Ruth

Gehrig

Mantle

Jeter

The thing is, you can say Ford or Berra or Rizzuto. So many options. Since it was my generation, I'll go with Jeter.

New York Yankees Mt. Rushmore:

Babe Ruth

Lou Gehrig

Joe DiMaggio

Mickey Mantle

Honorable mention for #5:

Yogi Berra

P.S.

Derek Jeter is my favorite Yankee of my adult life, but he's not going in the top 5 Yankees of all-time, esp. if you consider pitchers.

Haha. First off, yea HOV is up there. I'd say he's earned it for sure. Who else would be over him?

Meh...Jay-Z is good. I know he's considered a great MC. But to me he's just real good. There was something EPIC about 2Pac and Biggie, and something EPIC about Em. When new stuff comes out, it's MUST HAVE. It's just never been that way with Jay-Z to me.

For a 4th, I'd probably give tribute to someone who paved the way, like Rakim. Or who added something to Rap, like Chuck D. or someone from N.W.A. (Cube), or Wu Tang (Method Man or Redman?).

I'd choose any of those over Jay-Z, but if I had to pick I'd go personal preference and choose Ice Cube.

Meh...Jay-Z is good. I know he's considered a great MC. But to me he's just real good. There was something EPIC about 2Pac and Biggie, and something EPIC about Em. When new stuff comes out, it's MUST HAVE. It's just never been that way with Jay-Z to me.

For a 4th, I'd probably give tribute to someone who paved the way, like Rakim. Or who added something to Rap, like Chuck D. or someone from N.W.A. (Cube), or Wu Tang (Method Man or Redman?).

I'd choose any of those over Jay-Z, but if I had to pick I'd go personal preference and choose Ice Cube.

To discredit myself a little, I never listened to Rakim or much of the early stuff. Loved video games from a young age.

But I can't argue. I'm pretty sure I've heard great things about Rakim.