Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crotchcrickets

Oscar Taveras - OF STL

Hidden

Would you guys deal him in a dynasty league for RA Dickey? team in sig

Hidden

Would you guys deal him in a dynasty league for RA Dickey? team in sig

Take it to Bench Coach.

Yeah, when the question involves a major league player, it needs to go through that forum.

Hidden

Sorry just thought I would get better input in this thread. please ignore

That boy OT don't play around! Hit another bomb which brings his line in AA to .324AB, 44XBH, 17HR, 24BB, 42K, 6SB, .377OBP, .607SLG, .984OPS. Best hitter in the minors IMO

That boy OT don't play around! Hit another bomb which brings his line in AA to .324AB, 44XBH, 17HR, 24BB, 42K, 6SB, .377OBP, .607SLG, .984OPS. Best hitter in the minors IMO

He's up there for sure, but I'd still put Myers ahead of him.

He will be top 5 in every updated prospect report this week.

It's close but give me Taveras. He's a year and a half younger and putting up crazy numbers in AA. Last year when Myers was 20 in the same league as Taveras is in right now he hit .254, 8HR, 87K in 354AB along with .353OBP, .393SLG, .745OPS.

It's close but give me Taveras. He's a year and a half younger and putting up crazy numbers in AA. Last year when Myers was 20 in the same league as Taveras is in right now he hit .254, 8HR, 87K in 354AB along with .353OBP, .393SLG, .745OPS.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but Myers was hurt most of the year last year. Taveras is a great prospect but it's hard to put him ahead of a hitter who is leading baseball in HR's.

Sickels put him at #9 in his updated 120 list today. I wouldn't have put Machado in front of him (at #8) or Gerrit Cole at #6.

#7 seems good.

a couple of more rbi last night. 5 HR and 17 RBI in his last 10 games.

.327/17/62....spending half of his season at 19 in AA. I'm fairly sure that the #9 on sickels' board will be one of the lower marks you'll see.

The Cardinals have spoken "internally" about calling up outfield prospect Oscar Taveras.

That's what Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch told a local radio program on Monday morning. Taveras, 20, is batting .324/.385/.578 with 19 home runs, 28 doubles and 75 RBI in 97 games this season at the Double-A level. He doesn't have a direct avenue to regular playing time right now in the bigs, but Taveras would certianly be useful as a bench bat in September.

Source: Tim McKernan on Twitter

The Cardinals have spoken "internally" about calling up outfield prospect Oscar Taveras.

That's what Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch told a local radio program on Monday morning. Taveras, 20, is batting .324/.385/.578 with 19 home runs, 28 doubles and 75 RBI in 97 games this season at the Double-A level. He doesn't have a direct avenue to regular playing time right now in the bigs, but Taveras would certianly be useful as a bench bat in September.

This is interesting. Don't see how they could, considering the logjam they already have among positional players. Maybe if Berkman gets hurt again.

Not sure what this means....but he was DHing today, so no injury in the field. He popped out to end the 3rd, and was officially out of the game in the 5th.

If they called this kid up he'd probably take over CF, right?

Such a machine of a hitter... can't wait to see him up.

If they called this kid up he'd probably take over CF, right?

Such a machine of a hitter... can't wait to see him up.

I don't see him as a long-term option at CF, more of a RF option. However, he'd certainly be in CF for now.

Rumor is that he was pulled for displinary reasons and nothing else. Maybe he didnt run out that last pop out to third as much as he could had.

Rumor is that he was pulled for displinary reasons and nothing else. Maybe he didnt run out that last pop out to third as much as he could had.

That thought went through my head as well. Let's hope that he doesn't continue that type of behavior throughout his minor league tenure. If this is indeed what he did, it likely cost him a call up in the near future.

#4 on goldsteins updated top 50

Maybe that'll be enough to convince Yahoo to add him to their player universe. I mean, if Bubba Starling can be added, why not OT?

What are the odds he gets called up this year. Would consider using #1 waiver on him if he got the call, if not Straily is the choice. Like many others. I just hear really good things about Taveras, so I am intrigued.

What are the odds he gets called up this year. Would consider using #1 waiver on him if he got the call, if not Straily is the choice. Like many others. I just hear really good things about Taveras, so I am intrigued.

They already have a crowded outfield, so I don't see it happening. And even if he was called up, playing time would be an issue.