Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crotchcrickets

Oscar Taveras - OF STL

What are the odds he gets called up this year. Would consider using #1 waiver on him if he got the call, if not Straily is the choice. Like many others. I just hear really good things about Taveras, so I am intrigued.

They already have a crowded outfield, so I don't see it happening. And even if he was called up, playing time would be an issue.

Thank you very much. Straily it is.

Ask and ye shall receive:

@BJRains: Cardinals farm director John Vuch says it's "not likely" that Oscar Taveras gets called up this year. Hopes he finishes year in Springfield.

What are the odds he gets called up this year. Would consider using #1 waiver on him if he got the call, if not Straily is the choice. Like many others. I just hear really good things about Taveras, so I am intrigued.

They already have a crowded outfield, so I don't see it happening. And even if he was called up, playing time would be an issue.

Their outfield is so crowded that it spills over into their infield. They ran out of room for Adams, already, so barring a few injuries, Taveras is not getting the call any time soon.

Not my words....

Fun Taveras numbers: leads league in batting average and hits; among the top 5 in doubles *and* triples *and* homers, and is easily the league leader in intentional walks, with 9. (Which is 9 more than Wil Myers had, though he hit .343/.414/.731 before his promotion to AAA.)

@Kevin_Goldstein: If I re-did a prospect ranking right now, I'd have Oscar Taveras as the best offensive prospect in the game.

Anybody know why OT has missed the last two Springfield Cardinals games? Can't seem to find anything on the 'Net about it...

I've read they are resting him....nothing to see here.

I also believe they've already locked up a playoff spot so there is no need to play him.

I've read they are resting him....nothing to see here.

I also believe they've already locked up a playoff spot so there is no need to play him.

OK, thanks.

Kind of surprised that Oscar only has 3 pages of discussion. This dude is a potential minor league player of the year and one of the most dangerous minor league bats. One of his best numbers is his kk/bb ratio which stands at 55/40. Did I mention this guy can hit?

not sure if any of yinz have seen this but: http://p.twimg.com/Ao6k5GoCMAA5vs0.jpg

also, Ostar was lifted in the 6th tonight for not apparent reason.

Full disclosure: saw this little nugget in passing and scoured for any news but couldnt find anything. It's intriguing because Freese was hit on the hand in the game tonight.

Prolly nothing though.

OT was pulled because apparently he pulled his hammy rounding 3rd.

This kinda worries me because he had a couple stints on the DL last because of his hammy...hopefully this isn't something that plagues him his entire career.

(obviously not a medical expert)

OT was pulled because apparently he pulled his hammy rounding 3rd.

This kinda worries me because he had a couple stints on the DL last because of his hammy...hopefully this isn't something that plagues him his entire career.

(obviously not a medical expert)

Dang, any kind of injury probably makes it even less likely he'd get a Sept. callup...

Named Texas League Player of the Year

That alone should be worthy of a September callup, right? RIGHT??? :unsure:

Anyone else watching Beltran's slump and recent knee injury very closely? Stubbornly holding that #1 waiver priority in my dynasty league just in case...

Anyone else watching Beltran's slump and recent knee injury very closely? Stubbornly holding that #1 waiver priority in my dynasty league just in case...

You're in a dynasty and Oscar Taveras isn't owned?

You're in a dynasty and Oscar Taveras isn't owned?

Ya, it's a little different... Yahoo dynasty league with no minor leagues so teams pick up prospects and stash them on their rosters as they become available in the Yahoo universe. Since Taveras hasn't been added yet, if he gets called up he goes to waivers. And yours truly has the #1 waiver priority.

Saw OT in Rotoworld's waiver wire column this week. With the end of the Texas League playoffs coming this weekend, are there strong indications that he'll get the call to the big show? Beltran's been struggling with the bat and with his health in recent weeks. Anybody have any scoop about St. Louis's plans for Taveras after the Springfield-Frisco series is done?

Whats the plan with Taveras for 2013? Still awful young at 20 but the talent level is elite. Does he project to make the big club or more seasoning on the farm?

spring invite. he'll get a look, but ultimately will probably start in triple-a. I project him to be up mid-summer assuming all goes well.

It's not unreasonable to think Beltran will miss some time.

Whats the plan with Taveras for 2013? Still awful young at 20 but the talent level is elite. Does he project to make the big club or more seasoning on the farm?

He'll definitely get a shot in the spring to win the CF job over Jay. Beltran and Holliday are both already locked in to the corners. I'd expect Taveras to start in AAA, but if an injury happens to either Holliday, Beltran, or Jay, then he will be the first one up. If he gets off to a hot start though, he can definitely force his way up earlier than expected. My early guess is that he will be up around the all star break.

I think he will be a June call up...He will start raking and never look back...