Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crotchcrickets

Oscar Taveras - OF STL

I think the Grichuk call up lessens the chance of seeing Oscar for the Interleague series. Not sure how much, but I do think it lessens it a bit.

Plus, you have gimpy Matt Adams. Who, if he's not going to be DL'd, could DH. He's missed 3 games now.

Free OSCAR!

i think part of the reason too is that Bumgarner is a tough lefty

Oscar Taveras time about to begin in StL. Word from a source in Memphis is that he is on his way to the majors. #STLCards

STLCards

per Rob Rains

There. Is. A. God.

My guess is Adams to the DL leaving Tavares to play right everyday. Cardinals desperately need him right now. I bet he mashes right away honestly. None of this temper expectations, the guy is major league ready and basically close to his peak right now. If the reports are accurate he's going to come up and be a monster and it should happen quickly.

Now I am reading he's listed in tonights lineup but its delayed with rain... Rob Rains is a beat guy who he's not well respected or well known. Hoping Goold or someone confirms this..

rob rains is solid...i dont think he'd report that based purely on speculation.

he didn't specify exactly when, but i get the impression the super 2 date has been set so they are waiting on that

Yeah, I'm only seeing Rains reporting it...

I know the name and everything, but he's not like a Goold, Miklasz, or Strauss as far as 100% accurate goes

actually i saw earlier where goold was out of pocket and miklaz/straus don't break news like this.

ill see if i can find the goold tweet

Oscar Taveras - OF - Cardinals

According to Rob Rains of STLSportspage.com, top prospect Oscar Taveras is en route to joining the Cardinals and expected to be recalled from Triple-A Memphis on Saturday.

Taveras, widely regarded as the best pure hitting prospect in the minor leagues, has been terrorizing Triple-A pitching to the tune of .325/.373/.524 with seven homers and 40 RBI in his first 49 games. While he may not light the world on fire initially at the major league level, he is immediately relevant in all mixed leagues.

actually i saw earlier where goold was out of pocket and miklaz/straus don't break news like this.

ill see if i can find the goold tweet

What do you mean out of pocket?

I looked on his timeline and don't see anything from Goold about Oscar.

Either, way I'm praying it's true.

Espn Desportes reporting it now...so it's gotta be true.

yea i dunno, i could have sworn where goold said something along the lines of how he'd be travelling or something...maybe i dreamed it up.

but yea, me too. this offense is unbearable to watch right now

Yeah, it's getting picked up almost everywhere now

What would the twins do with jay? Center field I guess and hicks goes to the bench.

Guys remember those moments before your first time....I feel like that right now.

2 years I've held on to this guy...waiting for this day...and it's finally here. Dear lord, I haven't been this verklempt since The Green Mile.

Guys remember those moments before your first time....I feel like that right now.

2 years I've held on to this guy...waiting for this day...and it's finally here. Dear lord, I haven't been this verklempt since The Green Mile.

Lolol. If I could I'd insert that .gif of the wrestler chanting YES over and over

unbelievable...sent back down.

They really don't have a spot in their lineup to give him consistent at bats. No doubt that's what they are trying to get him.