Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timmah!

2011/12 Rotoworld Cup

As promised, the Rotoworld Cup is open for entries for the 2011/12 season!

To join the league, create your team at http://fantasy.premierleague.com and enter in the following code for the league: 249837-74706

For info on basic rules and team set up, you can find them here: http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?s=&a...t&p=1785366

There is one key change from last season. They still allow "replacement" captains if your choice doesn't play, but you now pick that player in advance as a "Vice-Captain".

As BDK wrote in last year's thread, there's a new, cleaner look to the game, and it looks great.

The season starts on August 13th, so sign up now!

As promised, the Rotoworld Cup is open for entries for the 2011/12 season!

To join the league, create your team at http://fantasy.premierleague.com and enter in the following code for the league: 249837-74706

For info on basic rules and team set up, you can find them here: http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?s=&a...t&p=1785366

There is one key change from last season. They still allow "replacement" captains if your choice doesn't play, but you now pick that player in advance as a "Vice-Captain".

As BDK wrote in last year's thread, there's a new, cleaner look to the game, and it looks great.

The season starts on August 13th, so sign up now!

Thanks Timmah

And Good luck to all this season

Can anyone join?

Absolutely...the more, the merrier! There's three days remaining until Gameweek 1 kicks off, and we have pletny of room in the league.

Speaking of which, we can also do a Head-to-Head league if anyone is interested. We can run both that at the "Classic" scoring league simultaneously. If we have an odd number of teams, they will create a weekly "average" team that scores as much as the average of all entries.

I'll set it up when I get home later on, and will pass on the sign up code.

Any other questions? Feel free to post them!

As promised, I've created a companion league in the Head to Head format called "RW Cutthroat".

Here's the code: 249837-324657

There will be a three-round Knockout Stage to determine the Champ.

Thanks Timmah, I have just joined the classic league (not a fan of the H2H format personally).

Looks like the league is being overtaken by Aussies B)

This new website is awful. No live scoring, keeps crashing and has a crappy layout. I miss the old version already.

This new website is awful. No live scoring, keeps crashing and has a crappy layout. I miss the old version already.

Couldn't help but notice that, too...I think that might suck most of all.

Hopefully, they realize how lousy that is, and make an in-season change.

Couldn't help but notice that, too...I think that might suck most of all.

Hopefully, they realize how lousy that is, and make an in-season change.

Yes I was a real pain to even log in over the last few days. The site has face lift and the ball gets dropped. Fingers crossed they do what Timmah suggests.

Not related to fantasy, but how f***ing good were Man Utd today? Wow.

Most brutal performance i have seen from them since that 7-1 demolition of Roma in the Champions League.

Not related to fantasy, but how f***ing good were Man Utd today? Wow.

Most brutal performance i have seen from them since that 7-1 demolition of Roma in the Champions League.

While Man U is one of the best teams in EPL (world), you could also ask just how bad was Arsenal today?

Arsenal is going to be lucky to finish in fifth if they keep playing like this.

While Man U is one of the best teams in EPL (world), you could also ask just how bad was Arsenal today?

Arsenal is going to be lucky to finish in fifth if they keep playing like this.

Arsenal were awful, their worst performance in living memory, but bear in mind that they were missing quite a few starters. They also sold two of their best players from last season, Fabregas and Nasri. It's a very weak lineup, and with the transfer window closing this week, I doubt there is enough time to improve it.

Looks like the title could be a 2 horse race between Man City and Man Utd. Chelsea haven't played well in any of their games.

So how are folks liking their teams so far?

Drogba's injury was something of a blessing in disguise; I've never been a big Rooney fan, but it's impossible to deny what he brings to a team when he's on.....and boy, is he "on" right now! Sticking with the MU theme, Ashley Young is set to smash his career highs set four seasons ago; my only concern is the usage patterns. He's played a full 90 twice in four matches, and only played for an hour yesterday (yes, I know it was a blowout).

Time to get in on the bargain that is Jose Bosingwa is ending quickly. Even if Chelsea is conceding goals here and there, he's enough of an offensive threat to be a strong earner. I see he's already added 400k£ in value since the season started, and that's only going to go up.

My biggest disappointments so far have to be Clint Dempsey and Charles N'Zogbia. Dempsey's contributed a single goal thus far, but that's still better than N'Zogbia, who's done nothing thus far. If Villa is keeping a clean sheet, their newboy is a waste of 7.4£

I'm pretty happy with my team (Team Balls) even though the points haven't really been there. I think I have some pretty good balance. I agree with your comments about Bosingwa. I see Chelsea conceding a lot of goals, but scoring even more. A scoring defender like Bosingwa is golden in fantasy.

In general EPL talk, I think Man City have the signing of the year in Aguero.

So how are folks liking their teams so far?

Drogba's injury was something of a blessing in disguise; I've never been a big Rooney fan, but it's impossible to deny what he brings to a team when he's on.....and boy, is he "on" right now! Sticking with the MU theme, Ashley Young is set to smash his career highs set four seasons ago; my only concern is the usage patterns. He's played a full 90 twice in four matches, and only played for an hour yesterday (yes, I know it was a blowout).

Time to get in on the bargain that is Jose Bosingwa is ending quickly. Even if Chelsea is conceding goals here and there, he's enough of an offensive threat to be a strong earner. I see he's already added 400k£ in value since the season started, and that's only going to go up.

My biggest disappointments so far have to be Clint Dempsey and Charles N'Zogbia. Dempsey's contributed a single goal thus far, but that's still better than N'Zogbia, who's done nothing thus far. If Villa is keeping a clean sheet, their newboy is a waste of 7.4£

Well I can only say that the first 3 weeks was a big shock for me. To be at the top of the table means only one thing - down

Who is looking to play the Wildcard already??

My team has really improved over the last couple of weeks. Very happy but now I am in aussiepepe's situation - the only way is down B)

I won't be using my wildcard yet. Hopefully I can save it for when he transfer window opens depending on what changes each team makes.

Every year I say I'm going to hold off on the WC play, and then by November, it's gone, LOL.

I'm enjoying life with Leon Best so far, but he's no Wayne Rooney, and now I have to figure out what to do with Shrek while he nurses the hammy.

Good grief, 15 players on the roster, and only two managed to get beyond 2 points.

It's beginning to look a lot like a Wild Card....

Good grief, 15 players on the roster, and only two managed to get beyond 2 points.

It's beginning to look a lot like a Wild Card....

Another week in the 20's makes it official....time to blow things up.

Who's with me?

You should be so lucky. 15 points for me including 2 red cards (2 players scoring -2 points!). I am sticking with my team though. At least for a while.

You should be so lucky. 15 points for me including 2 red cards (2 players scoring -2 points!). I am sticking with my team though. At least for a while.

Okay, that's pretty rough...I'll give you that. Still not the worst I've seen here though. I think someone had a single digit week once when bad weather canceled some matches.

I'm going to hold off on blowing things up for now (determined to hold out 'til December, LOL), but I've been sitting on some money, and it's time to loosen the purse strings.

The Chargers Ride Again! Muah-hahahahahahaha!

I'm coming to get you Ewan!

Guys I cant Believe I am still leading. I hope there is no post Xmas Crash :(

Well, there you go, your lead is gone.

Once NFL regular season ends, I'm going all out to hit the top 10,000 mark.

And even though I had a crap week last week (at least compared to the rest of you), I'm back in the race!

Demba Ba Saves!