Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BIG SKI

Trevor Bauer SP CLE

787 posts in this topic

He has signed, but hope they just sit him down till the AFL starts next year.

Is it reasonable to expect Bauer to be in the Major League rotation for the D-Backs in 2012???

Is it reasonable to expect Bauer to be in the Major League rotation for the D-Backs in 2012???

Doubtful. If he dominates, maybe a September call-up.

Does he compare in talent to bundy and cole? I know those 2 have been getting a lot of hype

Apparently being promoted to AA too. Their GM has stated he wants him up in September, that's crazy in my opinion.

Apparently being promoted to AA too. Their GM has stated he wants him up in September, that's crazy in my opinion.

Wow, guess Arizona is serious about the playoff push. They're probably rushing him, but you never know. They could catch lightning in a bottle. I suppose if Mike Leake can skip the Minors altogether, maybe Bauer doesn't need that much seasoning.

Wow, guess Arizona is serious about the playoff push. They're probably rushing him, but you never know. They could catch lightning in a bottle. I suppose if Mike Leake can skip the Minors altogether, maybe Bauer doesn't need that much seasoning.

Bauer was seen in a lot of circles as the most MLB ready pitcher in this years crop. My only concern would be the workload, but then again he seems to have a rubber arm (part of the "attitude" issues that were flagged with him were his unwillingness to adjust his mechanics and throwing program - I for one think he has a bit of an edge, but a lot of competitors do). Would be interesting to see how he performs.

Just to be clear -- what I've heard is that he wants him up IN THE PEN. Big difference, fewer innings, less pressure... Still a leap, but different ballgame, as it were...

What are the chances this guy gets called up this year?

100% for sure

love this guy, got him for a song in my dynasty league before I realized how good he is. hopefully he has lincecum-esque durability, if not the stats.

Just curious because I dont know too much on this kid, but how exactly is he comparable to Lincecum? Similar pitches, similar strategies, similar motions?

Just curious because I dont know too much on this kid, but how exactly is he comparable to Lincecum? Similar pitches, similar strategies, similar motions?

All of the above but throws his fastball around 5 mph slower (92-94). But Timmy has dropped down this year as well.

i was referring to the long toss routine that both use, havent seen enough of bauer to compare mechanics, but hes also a college seasoned pitcher whos having no problem in the minors

i was referring to the long toss routine that both use, havent seen enough of bauer to compare mechanics, but hes also a college seasoned pitcher whos having no problem in the minors

Not so sure you want to compare routies,as a lot of pitchers do the same thing. The mechanics are idenical, but Bauer is taller so he does not quite pick up the dollar bill.

He got rocked tonight.

10 runs in 1 2/3 IP. 73 pitches in that short amount of time, what were the D'backs thinking. He has to hit the dead arm period at some point?

So much for this.

Yeah the 10 run outting made the D-Backs rethink things. Maybe i should have said 99.9% B)