Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BIG SKI

Trevor Bauer SP CLE

This is less of his personal disposition and more of his professional disposition to listen to coaches. That's why AZ shipped him out - he wouldn't listen to his coaches. Tito has the unique ability to manage strong personalities, which is why there's added optimism about him.

In fact, this latest news makes me feel a lot better about him as a prospect, as it seems someone has finally gotten him to see the light about his ridiculous pole-to-pole long toss warmups. Kazmir will get hurt at some point in the season, probably within another 5 weeks of pitching, and we'll get to see how his "reprogramming" goes.

Another good start the other night. With Myers potential going on the DL, think will see him back up?

Another good start the other night. With Myers potential going on the DL, think will see him back up?

Myers on DL, and Kazmir looks horrible, he should be up if he is doing ok at AAA

What current SP is he comparable to (if he reaches his potential)?

What current SP is he comparable to (if he reaches his potential)?

Tim Lincecum.... His potential is Old Timmy... unfortunately, so far the likelihood is New Timmy.

The question is whether he's ready to compete in the bigs with his new mechanics, not whether he's gonna get another shot.

Bauer was just dropped in my dynasty league. Is he worth a pickup? What is his upside now? Can he ever turn into the stud we all thought or is he just a bust?

Bauer was just dropped in my dynasty league. Is he worth a pickup? What is his upside now? Can he ever turn into the stud we all thought or is he just a bust?

I wouldn't call him a bust just yet (he'll only be 23 next year), but he has become a reclamation project. It's hard to have high hopes for him at this point.

I think you still need to roster him in dynasty leagues. His bb/9 was always a concern but people brushed it off that it'd just get better. He may not become an ace but that doesn't mean he still can't become a 3/4 fantasy SP in standard leagues.