Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BIG SKI

Trevor Bauer SP CLE

Trevor Bauer out after 5.2 IP - 2H, 0 ER, 4 BB, 11K. 100 Pitches: 59 Strikes, 41 Balls.

GET THIS GUY CALLED UP!!!!!

Trevor Bauer out after 5.2 IP - 2H, 0 ER, 4 BB, 11K. 100 Pitches: 59 Strikes, 41 Balls.

Just call the kid up already! Hes a freak of nature!!!

GET THIS GUY CALLED UP!!!!!

hmmm, did he really not get through 6 innings? and only 59% strikes is a bit wild with the 4 walks.

hmmm, did he really not get through 6 innings? and only 59% strikes is a bit wild with the 4 walks.

He's always been a low hit high walk and strikeout guy. His pitch counts in college were just short of 150 a few times. Kid loves to nibble, which he needs to improve upon.

He walked 4 though. He still needs to be in the minors. No reason to rush him.

He walked 4 though. He still needs to be in the minors. No reason to rush him.

If 4 walks and 2 hits in 6 innings means you need to be in the minors there are alot of pitchers in the majors that missed that memo. True it's double A, but if it has movement and you can't hit it your best chance is to not swing and hope he throws 4 wide ones before he throws 3 in there. The only reason he's in the minors is service time hands down.

If 4 walks and 2 hits in 6 innings means you need to be in the minors there are alot of pitchers in the majors that missed that memo. True it's double A, but if it has movement and you can't hit it your best chance is to not swing and hope he throws 4 wide ones before he throws 3 in there. The only reason he's in the minors is service time hands down.

Just bring him up already. If Collimenter keeps getting rocked I hope arizona will value wins more then losing money.

The two biggest jumps in competition for a player are low A to high A and AA to AAA let alone AA to the majors. The Diamondbacks are absolutely loaded at SP in the minors. Bauer, Skaggs, Bradley, Corbin and now Chafin is turning some heads. I don't believe it's going to be Bauer, but some of these guys are going to be traded. When Bauer gets called up, there doesn't need to be any doubt he's ready. The strikeouts are nice, but 6bb per 9 IP isn't and that will get him killed in the majors especially in that ballpark. Don't be surprised if Skaggs or even Corbin get called up before Bauer. We're all excited about what he can do, but he's got to get his walks under control first.

DID YOU SEE 11 STRIKEOUTS AND 0 RUNS?

NOPE COMPLETELY MISSED IT, TRY USING THE SIZE FEATURE NEXT TIME AND MAYBE I WILL BE ABLE TO FIND IT

In all seriousness... he hasn't even hit AAA yet.

(As mentioned above, the jump to AA to AAA is one of the hardest to make, let alone the Majors....)

I'm not running to my wire. I'd rather Jarrod Parker for the time being, to be honest, because I think he's a lot closer and could have a good impact playing in that ballpark...

There are a lot of Bauer owners here, I imagine... based on how many people want this guy up. Ha.

Doubt they even move him to AAA PCL is a terrible environment to put pitchers it's like asking a guy to pitch in Coors in 75% of there starts. I bet he goes from AA to the bigs, like they did with Goldschmidt last year. Nicasio jumped from AA to the bigs last year, a lot more teams are implementing that thought process.

i thought AA to AAA was a rather easy transition to make and that A to AA was the real test.

i thought AA to AAA was a rather easy transition to make and that A to AA was the real test.

I with you on this, but maybe more for hitter than pitchers.

Yeah. I don't know what people in here are talking about. You're definitely right

In all seriousness... he hasn't even hit AAA yet.

(As mentioned above, the jump to AA to AAA is one of the hardest to make, let alone the Majors....)

I'm not running to my wire. I'd rather Jarrod Parker for the time being, to be honest, because I think he's a lot closer and could have a good impact playing in that ballpark...

Lots of elite prospects jump straight from AA to the majors. AA is where teams place their best prospects/prospects who are closest to the majors for the most part. AAA is considered a league to put your role players/utility men/5th starter candidates who are older (27-35), and who might be close to the majors, with the occasional top prospect who is older (25-28) and also pretty close to the bigs.

The two biggest jumps in competition for a player are low A to high A and AA to AAA let alone AA to the majors. The Diamondbacks are absolutely loaded at SP in the minors. Bauer, Skaggs, Bradley, Corbin and now Chafin is turning some heads. I don't believe it's going to be Bauer, but some of these guys are going to be traded. When Bauer gets called up, there doesn't need to be any doubt he's ready. The strikeouts are nice, but 6bb per 9 IP isn't and that will get him killed in the majors especially in that ballpark. Don't be surprised if Skaggs or even Corbin get called up before Bauer. We're all excited about what he can do, but he's got to get his walks under control first.

Bauer is next in line. He's the only one of those pitching prospects that's on the 40 man roster. When a SP is needed it will be Bauer. The only other SP names on the 40 man roster are guys like Barry Enright and Joe Martinez. He offers an upgrade over Collmenter right now, so since he's not already up, it's anyone's guess as to when he will be. Hopefully very soon.

I'd say low A to high A then high A to AA. You don't see too many big time prospects have a hard time adjusting to AAA from AA as AA probably has the most talent in the MiLB.

Anyways, Bauer will probably come up sometime soon. He was pretty close to making the rotation out of ST and Arizona can't keep him down if he keeps on pitching like he is. What a SCARY rotation they will have in a couple years with Kennedy, Hudson, Bauer, Skaggs, and Bradley!

To

Bauer is next in line. He's the only one of those pitching prospects that's on the 40 man roster. When a SP is needed it will be Bauer. The only other SP names on the 40 man roster are guys like Barry Enright and Joe Martinez. He offers an upgrade over Collmenter right now, so since he's not already up, it's anyone's guess as to when he will be. Hopefully very soon.

Ah, I did not know he was the only one of the 3 mentioned on the 40-man. That's actually really good to hear-- it makes me actually want to stash him now. I don't think they would bother calling Enright up to replace Collmenter... it's like a wash.

how valuable will bauer be in redraft leagues? is he going to have a strasburg like impact?

how valuable will bauer be in redraft leagues? is he going to have a strasburg like impact?

More like a Matt Moore, maybe slightly less

No. Think Lincecum his rookie year, not Strasburg or Ozwalt their rookie seasons.

No. Think Lincecum his rookie year, not Strasburg or Ozwalt their rookie seasons.

Please get it right, his name is Oswalt