Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Taxman

Stevan Ridley 2011 Season Outlook

386 posts in this topic

Don't see a thread for this guy. Only pre-season but 16 carries for 64 yards 2 td's and 7 catches for 47 yards and another td. I'll be watching this guy the next couple weeks. Not a big believer in Law Firm.

If you cant trust Belichek during the regular season when it comes to his RB usage...you certainly should not read too much into the pre-season.

I hear you though, thats a nice performance from the rook...something to keep an eye on the next couple weeks for sure. I would not get excited though, strange things happen in pre-season ball. Keep your blinders on

I just can't trust a Patriot RB on my fantasy team...BB uses everyone

I'm not a believer in BGE this year either, however at the very least he should get goal line carries. How much do you really care who gets 15 carries between the 20s for New England each week? I really don't...

Not a single carry in the 1st half was a bit disappointing. The fumble wont help his cause as well. But at least he looked good during his other runs.

At this point, he's on my watch list, not even a sleeper yet.

I guess I'd like to actually see him play first before I pass my judgement though lol.

He'll get his touches, but he is behind BJGE and Woodhead. BJGE will continue to be the goal line back after getting 13 TDs last year. I would suspect abour 400 yds rushing and 3-4 TDs for him. Certainly not enough to consider him even for a flex position.

Don't see a thread for this guy. Only pre-season but 16 carries for 64 yards 2 td's and 7 catches for 47 yards and another td. I'll be watching this guy the next couple weeks. Not a big believer in Law Firm.

At some point Vereen is going to get some opps too I would assume maybe not now, but as the season progresses. New England is always a difficult team to predict the running situation, with Law Firm and Silent Auction, Vereen and just their philosophy which is unpredictable anyway...on my master list he essentially moved ahead of Vereen as a deep sleeper, but like another poster said, just dont see a pathway to fantasy stardom.

He'll get his touches, but he is behind BJGE and Woodhead. BJGE will continue to be the goal line back after getting 13 TDs last year. I would suspect abour 400 yds rushing and 3-4 TDs for him. Certainly not enough to consider him even for a flex position.

Bill Belicheck cares not for production from years passed. All he cares about is who gives him the best chance to win now. If Ridley keeps up the numbers he's putting up in the preseason and does well in practice, there's no doubt in my mind that he'll force the coaching staff to give him more snaps.

Ridley is really starting to peak my interest more and more. He has been more than solid in the preseason and seems to be doing the things coach BB asks of him. I understand its preseason but the kid looks good. I truly believe he should start being viewed as a sleeper in fantasy circles. JMO.

Rookie RB Stevan Ridley rushed 14 times for 84 yards and added three receptions for 27 yards against the Bucs in the Patriots' second preseason game. It's Ridley second straight game over 100 total yards, though the performance was mixed this time. Playing exclusively with the second-team offense, Ridley lost a fumble on a fourth-and-inches. On the flip side, he continues to show agile feet, power, and smooth hands. He has the talent to push BenJarvus Green-Ellis, though the latter is clearly ahead at this point

I really like Ridley as a deep sleeper as well - the Lawfirm will probably hold onto the starting job unless he really really struggles early...if he does go down due to injury for a game or two, watchout - that's when Ridley could steal this job or force a platoon.

Yeah, I gotta admit I like this guy as a bright spot for that offence. Law Firm is a funny gimmick but this Ridley guy just seems to have some x factor that could make him a playmaker in the NFL.

Definite sleeper pick in 12 man+ and watch list in all leagues.

BJGE is a short-yardage beast.

Woodhead is a great 3rd/passing down option.

those are the 2 most valuable situations from a fantasy perspective. what's left for Ridley? i'd imagine he's going to need to eat into Woodhead downs to have fantasy relevance.

Im not ridlley fan at all seen bill do this too many times. Ill take him next year no matter what. When its comes to pat rbs you find the one with the least hype and pick that one. In this situation I say you take woodhead over stevan without fail.

From an espn.boston article:

“I’m nowhere close to perfect and I just have a lot of work to do. I’m not satisfied and I’m sure the coaches aren’t either,” Ridley said. “I’m going to continue to work hard every day and try to do my best to help this team improve and get better.”

He sounds like he's got a good head on his shoulders. I agree Law Firm & Woodhead could be a totally viable tandem this season. We'll have to see what type of work he can get, but we'll have to see something before speculating about any real value here.

anyone holding on to this guy? does he have a shot to be a contributor this year or is the ne backfield not worth touching. i dont think bjge or woodhead are long term answers, but they do compliment bellicek's system well, and thats all that matters...

Id only have him if i had bjge

i do, but after last weeks game, not sure how valuable bjge is either. pats were inside the 5 three time, he got the first td, but they brady threw it to welker and hernandez for two other tds. too many weapons to even get consistant goal line carries.

i do, but after last weeks game, not sure how valuable bjge is either. pats were inside the 5 three time, he got the first td, but they brady threw it to welker and hernandez for two other tds. too many weapons to even get consistant goal line carries.

This is exactly the kind of value everyone expected out of BJGE. Some rushing yards, maybe a touch if lucky. Weak RB2 or decent flex. They do spread the ball around and that's why no NE RB will ever be a stud.

had a better, more explosive game than law firm... thoughts?

He's got some talent but it's such a crowded backfield and the Pats are a pass first team.....I think he'll need an injury to be relevant....

He's got some talent but it's such a crowded backfield and the Pats are a pass first team.....I think he'll need an injury to be relevant....

Agreed. He could be a sneaky add though sooner than later. I am actually more worried about Danny Woodhead than "The Law Firm." If you got a roster spot thats just "floating" add him. But I certainly wouldn't cut anyone of value. (I want to add him myself, but I almost want to see what his role next week may be. Although I will say, after Brady throwing 4 picks, they make look to run a bit more)

i took a shot and cut spiller (10-team league), as spiller's been rotting away on my bench so far. i drafted ridley and dropped him at the beginning. bjge has been known to be a leader as of late, but we all know b'check will do whatever it takes to win, so we shall see.