Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Talk Show Host

ROTOWORD "Expert Lg " next year?

I know I'm relatively new here, and fairly new to the fantasy business in general, but I'm going into baseball for a career and would welcome some more advanced competition if given the opportunity. I'd be up for whatever league, but would prefer Yahoo, mixed.

I know I'm relatively new here, and fairly new to the fantasy business in general, but I'm going into baseball for a career and would welcome some more advanced competition if given the opportunity. I'd be up for whatever league, but would prefer Yahoo, mixed.

Goin in for a career? Thats awesome, what are you gonna do? Journalism?

I am at like 50%, lol. Stupid survivor football, march madness, and survivor hockey.

Goin in for a career? Thats awesome, what are you gonna do? Journalism?

No, I majored in Sport Management and am going to start my one year journey for my masters in Sport Administration. Did my internship with the Brevard County Manatees (A+ for the Milwaukee Brewers). Hope to catch on with either a minor or major league team in marketing, advertising, operations, something along those lines and eventually be a GM of a team.

No, I majored in Sport Management and am going to start my one year journey for my masters in Sport Administration. Did my internship with the Brevard County Manatees (A+ for the Milwaukee Brewers). Hope to catch on with either a minor or major league team in marketing, advertising, operations, something along those lines and eventually be a GM of a team.

i should have did that instead of going into finance!!! lol

Yeah, it's awesome. Nothing like doing something related to your hobbies for a career.

Im interested, either way.

AL

NL

Mixed.

I play in all three. Let me know. I would love to be a part of this.

The AL & NL are both auctions... I have been doing them (plus basketball/football/hockey) for many years.

I use CBS for everything but fanball for football.

hypedopemystical@yahoo.com

-MZ (Sal)

Whats the baseball rank? Or is it?

87%, but this is my first year playing fantasy baseball, and I'm currently 3rd in a 16 team H2H league, so that number is hardly set in stone.

Not that it matters, but I am 2nd in my other fantasy baseball league, a standard 12 team roto league on ESPN.

87%, but this is my first year playing fantasy baseball, and I'm currently 3rd in a 16 team H2H league, so that number is hardly set in stone.

Not that it matters, but I am 2nd in my other fantasy baseball league, a standard 12 team roto league on ESPN.

I am putting all the names together ..look foward to this as i will be sending all messages as we go along

i should have did that instead of going into finance!!! lol

Me too! Well sort of, IM a freshman majoring in finance. Math is what Im really good at academically, but sports is my one tru love and greatest passion. The only prob is i go to a tech school so if i want to switch majors to somehting like sports management id have to transfer out. Any advice??? Hows finance anyway like gimme a critique of it so i can get a better idea. If i didnt hate English based curriculums so much i wouldnt be in this quarrel right now, academically a math based curriculum is best for me. UHHH!!!

Im more than interested in doing something with all you guys on here. I wanted to 'expand my fantasy baseball horizons' next year anyway. Ive really only been in the 2 private leagues in my sig for the past 3 years, and done very well. Everything ive done has been extremely deep mono-leagues....i really wanted to get into some kind of competitive mixed leagues. Doing it with posters of this forum would make things even better. Id be interested in anything. Like i said, im experienced in mono but id like to get into some mixed, as well.

As far as rankings go........i dont think its fair to base everything solely on Yahoo! Rankings. Ive never actually done anything through Yahoo!, and im sure theres other people in my shoes. I think all the posters (or at least the 'bigger' ones) should simply privately vote on who gets in or who gets cut....whether that means i get in or not. I just think seeing people's posts on here are a better gage of how much fantasy knowledge they have.

Regarding the leagues, i'll send you an email.

Mine is j1vrieze@hotmail.com

Thanks, and i love the idea.

I have a great set of league rules for an auction and it takes every possible situation possible and gets to it. I am all for a 10-16 team ROTO auction mixed league. I would like to get a new league up here in the northeast if possible even if we could get 10 from the northeast to start a new league I would be excited.

I'd be interested. How will you determine "expert" status? I have an 80% rate (91% in baseball at the start of the season with my primary) with 3 yahoo ID's, but I am fairly new to this board.

In a real experts league draft, I would prefer offline so that we wouldn't have to worry about something stupid like a couple of years ago my friend had to take his girlfriend to the hospital when she sprained her ankle during a live draft. I probably would have told her to walk it off. Sounds like some people are talking auction. I haven't done one of those. I've been in a salary league with a payroll which was interesting, but not an auction style.

Normally, I would prefer roto to remove the luck factor, but with a bunch of hardcore guys that remain active, I think H2h would be so much more fun.