Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dzemens

Who to take?

12 team Keeper 3 league, we all keep 3 players no penalty for round kept etc.

I have Manning, Mendenhall and Fitzgerald as keepers and also have pick 1.1 to go along with it.

I had been planning on taking Ingram as he has some nice potential in that NO offense and is a good bet for TD and only to increas in value for the next three seasons. A wrench has been thrown into those plans now a team just announced keepers and Deangelo WIlliams is back in the pool. So the question is, do I stick with Ingram or do I take Deangelo Williams and hope he is productive for the next 3 seasons?

Help me and Ill be sure to help you if you leave a link.

I would lean towards Ingram, the saints moved upo to get him in order for him to takeover, not ride the pine.

The Saints backfield seems a bit too crowded to me, and since Carolina is going to be running a lot more now I think D. Will is the better pick.

I would lean towards Ingram. Better team by far...I drew comparisons to Emmitt Smith with him before I even heard anyone else say it. This is purely a gut feeling but I think Ingram will be special.

i'd take ingram. i think he's in a better situation overall and will end up getting a majority of the carries...

Id lean towards Ingram, he looks reaaal good and will get alot of GL touches..

i would go with ingram too but i hate rb on bad teams...its really hard to gauge production from them plus i think ingram is in a great situation.

This is tough. Ingram has the edge because of the offense that he's in. But, he is in a crowded backfield and it will likely be that way for a while, while D-Will is in an emerging offense with a QB who can finally make things happen on offense.

I probably made things more confusing for you B)

thanks for the reply

i like Ingram here. D.will is proven but john fox is gone and im not sure if Ron is a run or passing coach. Keeping D.Will for 3 seasons isnt too good seeing how they are going to be rebuilding for the next 5..

12 team Keeper 3 league, we all keep 3 players no penalty for round kept etc.

I have Manning, Mendenhall and Fitzgerald as keepers and also have pick 1.1 to go along with it.

I had been planning on taking Ingram as he has some nice potential in that NO offense and is a good bet for TD and only to increas in value for the next three seasons. A wrench has been thrown into those plans now a team just announced keepers and Deangelo WIlliams is back in the pool. So the question is, do I stick with Ingram or do I take Deangelo Williams and hope he is productive for the next 3 seasons?

Help me and Ill be sure to help you if you leave a link.

I would stick with Ingram, I think Carolina will be in trasition for a least a few years and the Saints offense will be strong as long as Brees is ther , thanx for mine.

thanks for the reply.

both are in a RBBC and will have vultured carries. PPR? id go dwill, nonppr, id risk it and go for ingram. pierre thomas is injury prone, and i see ingram getting most of the GL work this season.

I pretty much agree with the masses here and would go with Ingram - and this is coming from a HUGE DeAngelo Williams fan - the guy is just in the wrong situation(and had a chance to get out and go to greener pastures but didn't...or did he, he got his money)...Of course he should get his carries slightly more than JStew, but the goaline situation will remain unpredictable like past years and who knows how often they will get there? Cam Newton has looked pretty awful and I have a hard time believing D-Will won't face 8 man fronts all year long. Plus the Panthers will most likely fall behind quickly in games and even though there aerial attack will be bad, they will still have to throw.

PT has hardly proven he can stay healthy - I was a huge fan of Ingram coming out and thought maybe the Packers(my team) would snag him late 1st as he kept falling - but the Saints traded ahead of them and snagged him. I think he is going to be pretty damn good, this year and the following years.

Tough call, but I think I'd go w/ Ingram. Better offense is the breaker IMO. Saints actually run a lot in the redzone for a passing team and he should get all that work.