Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr. Whom

Which 3B bust prospect should I keep?

Which over-hyped bust 3B still has a career left in him? Marte or Guzman? Both? Neither? I have the space on my roster to gamble.

Guzman- I wouldnt give up on his bat just yet even though his future may be with another organization.

Of the two, I'd side with Guzman. Unless your league is incredibly deep though, I'd take a flier on somebody else besides either of the two. Both don't seem to be able to put it together at any level for any sustained period, but of the two, Guzman has more positions that he can be used at, and potentially has some real power.

I'd have to take neither - there's gotta to be a better gamble of Single-A players with a brighter future out there. Hell, I'd take Ahrens, the Jays 1st-round pick if you *have* to have a 3B out there, or even the O's Billy Rowell. Marte & Guzman don't seem to have a future with either club, I'd hold out hope for other players (unless you need them to produce next year...in which case I'd still leave them off, and look for help come draft time.

Its a 20 team dynasty. My other 3B are Ikamura and Brendon Ryan.

Its a 20 team dynasty. My other 3B are Ikamura and Brendon Ryan.

OK, so assuming Iwamura keeps your position for next season, can you afford to keep a guy like Ahrens (Jays), Rowell (BAL), or even Mike Moustakas (Royals)? Those guys won't help until 2009 at the earliest, but they could be very useful regulars. I just don't see where Guzman plays next year - Iwamura moves to 2B (but stays 3B eligible), Evan Longoria moves to 3B (I assume he's gone for sure). As for Marte, I guess he could start, but the Tribe has really soured on him big-time.

It's Yahoo so none of those guys will be available unless the whole league knows.

Longoria is in the Yahoo database. As are Brandon Wood, Andy Laroche, Chase Headly, and Ian Stewart - all of whom are much better than Guzman or Marte. I'd rather have one of the litany of guys who aren't probably on rosters right now (like Ensberg

Which over-hyped bust 3B still has a career left in him? Marte or Guzman? Both? Neither? I have the space on my roster to gamble.

They seem to be equally as good... But if you absolutely have to pick one or the other I'd go with Guzman just because he is younger and seems to have more upside (the guy is like 6'6" I believe.)

Otherwise you could probably find a better replacement for them Evan Longoria or Brandon Wood... they both seem to have much more upside than either Marte or Guzman.

Yes, please post all available 3B's.

None of the players mentioned above are available. I picked up Crede from waivers so right now I have Crede/Iwamura for next year. Not bad for a 20 team league.

Available 3B's

Maicer Izturis

Joel Guzman

Pedro Feliz

Shea Hillenbrand

Andy Marte

None of the players mentioned above are available. I picked up Crede from waivers so right now I have Crede/Iwamura for next year. Not bad for a 20 team league.

Available 3B's

Maicer Izturis

Joel Guzman

Pedro Feliz

Shea Hillenbrand

Andy Marte

Check out Andy LaRoche, Jose Bautista, Kevin Kouzmanoff, Josh Fields, Mark Reynolds.... any of them available?

None of those guys are available.

Available 3B's

Maicer Izturis

Joel Guzman

Pedro Feliz

Shea Hillenbrand

Andy Marte

Andy Marte no doubt. He's coming on as of late.