Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

v0dka

(Week 8) Free Lineup Advice

Pick a QB for me.

Ponder, Hass, Dalton, Alex Smith...

thanks in advance.

Ponder looked pretty good against the defending champs on Sunday in his first ever NFL start and Bill Musgrave wants to get Adrian Peterson more involved in the passing game now. Carolina has also given up back-to-back rushing TD's to QB's. I'd go Ponder.

WR3: Demaryius Thomas, Early Doucet, Damien Williams, Doug Baldwin.

Thomas for me, easily. He offers the most upside than the other guys and looks to be Tebow's go-to guy.

Thanks for the help in advance.

0.5 PPR

V. Davis v. Browns or Schianoe v. Panthers

Also at flex: Matt Schaub v. Jax or VJax v. KC.

Thanks!

Thx in advance for your help.

Gronkowski vs Pit

or

Witten vs Phi

Then I need 1 of these:

Murray vs Phi (leaning towards him)

S-Jax vs NO

Torain vs Buf

Daniel Thomas vs NYG

& finally do I start :

Colston vs Stl ( leaning towards him)

or

Fitz vs Balt

Tough choice since Witten could be used as a blocker more often in this game against Philly's 23rd ranked run defense. Neither is a bad play but I think I'd go with Romo's favorite target here with Philly more zoned in on shutting down Austin and Bryant.

It's between Murray and Thomas for me. I'd go Murray since Thomas is nicked up.

It's always a roll of the dice with New Orleans since Brees has so many weapons but I like Colston this week against the worst secondary in the league over Fitz.

Bernard Scott (vs SEA) or Pierre Thomas (vs STL)? (Ingram & Cedric out)

Flacco (vs ARI) or C. Ponder (vs CAR)?

Pierre Thomas, easily.

Ponder for the same reason I posted above. He's going to rack up rushing yards and a chance at a rushing TD when they're in the red zone. I think Flacco will have a decent game but it's hard for me to trust that guy right now.

Thanks for the help in advance.

0.5 PPR

V. Davis v. Browns or Schianoe v. Panthers

Also at flex: Matt Schaub v. Jax or VJax v. KC.

Thanks!

Browns rank sixth in giving up the most fantasy points to TE's. Davis has also picked it up scoring 3 TD's in his last 3 games. I'd roll with him.

It's really hard to say on this one without knowing your scoring settings. I'd probably go with a QB since you're guaranteed production out of him but VJax is primed to break out of his funk any time now.

What's up v0dka.

In a standard Yahoo league with PPR I need to pick 2 WRs out of this group, with the odd man out getting dropped.

Gaffney v BUF (no Moss)

Sanders v NE (Ward most likely out)

Jenkins @ CAR

Thanks!

N. Washington or J. Gaffney?

I'd go Washington as Indy's secondary is just downright horrid.

What's up v0dka.

In a standard Yahoo league with PPR I need to pick 2 WRs out of this group, with the odd man out getting dropped.

Gaffney v BUF (no Moss)

Sanders v NE (Ward most likely out)

Jenkins @ CAR

Thanks!

Jenkins is the odd man out for me. The Panthers haven't allowed a WR to top 100 yards since Week 1.

It's getting around that time where people start over-thinking situations and second-guessing their lineup decisions...

bump

Howdy v0dka,

With Tolbert being out I need to fill a Flex position. 10 Team ppr.

Michael Crabtree

Brandon Jacobs

Victor Cruz

I am concerned with Crabtree going against the CB from CLE and not sure if B Edwards is playing. Also with Cruz everything I have read is pointing to Mario M getting most of the touches.

Re Jacobs I wouldnt be suprised if the Coach justs sits him because of his mouth!

Any thoughts and your input would be greatly appreciated.

QB - Brady

RB - Bradshaw

RB - Foster

WR - D Thomas (Denver)

WR - D Bryant

WR - Antonio Brown

TE - Jimmy Graham

K - Josh Scobee

Titans D or Cowboys D?

Cowboys are the better defensive unit but they are on the road, playing a motivated Philly team that can easily score points.

Titans aren't as good as a defensive unit, but they are at home, playing a rattled Indy team that seems like it won't even score in the Playboy mansion.

My league penalises for points allowed. 2 for Int, 2 for fumble recovery, 1 for sack, etc.

Howdy v0dka,

With Tolbert being out I need to fill a Flex position. 10 Team ppr.

Michael Crabtree

Brandon Jacobs

Victor Cruz

I am concerned with Crabtree going against the CB from CLE and not sure if B Edwards is playing. Also with Cruz everything I have read is pointing to Mario M getting most of the touches.

Re Jacobs I wouldnt be suprised if the Coach justs sits him because of his mouth!

Any thoughts and your input would be greatly appreciated.

QB - Brady

RB - Bradshaw

RB - Foster

WR - D Thomas (Denver)

WR - D Bryant

WR - Antonio Brown

TE - Jimmy Graham

K - Josh Scobee

Jacobs has been limited in practice all week and has to face a Miami defense that has only given up 2 rushing touchdowns on the year. I'd give him another week before using him.

I really don't like Crabtree's matchup with Haden but him being targeted 15 times in his last game at least makes him worth consideration since he will get opportunities to make big plays, I'd roll with him and hope for one.

Don't bench Marshall. He is coming off back to back games of being covered by two of the top corners in the league (Darrelle Revis and Champ Bailey) and now that he has a juicy matchup against a Giants secondary that has allowed big games to the likes of Baldwin, Alexander and Fitz you want to bench him?

Titans D or Cowboys D?

Cowboys are the better defensive unit but they are on the road, playing a motivated Philly team that can easily score points.

Titans aren't as good as a defensive unit, but they are at home, playing a rattled Indy team that seems like it won't even score in the Playboy mansion.

My league penalises for points allowed. 2 for Int, 2 for fumble recovery, 1 for sack, etc.

I'd go Titans against the worst offense in the league that has only managed to put up 24 points in their last two games and has given up back-to-back defensive touchdowns.

Marshawn Lynch, Montario Hardesty or Maurice Morris?

Ugly choices. I'd roll with Marshawn Lynch if he's active and hope for a score. Otherwise, I'd go MoMo.

v0kda,

With Daniel Thomas beng ruled out who do you like this week between Jackie Battle and Reggie Bush?

Thanks!

embarassed to make an actual thread with this: Saints Def vs Rams or 49ers Def vs Browns

Thanks

Saints, especially if you get points for points allowed.

v0kda,

With Daniel Thomas beng ruled out who do you like this week between Jackie Battle and Reggie Bush?

Thanks!

I like Battle against a Chargers defense that has given up back-to-back 100 yard rushing games.

embarassed to make an actual thread with this: Saints Def vs Rams or 49ers Def vs Browns

Thanks

Can't go wrong with either really. I'm going with Saints over Cowboys. In your case, I'd go with SF. Only bc they're coming off a bye and should be fresh. STL can still move the ball with Feely and Sjax.

1 pt PPR Starting 2 WR - - Need one of these as my #2 WR for Week 8 alongside Dwayne Bowe

Greg Little @ SF

Sidney Rice v. Cin

Nate Burleson @ Den

Michael Crabtree v. Cle