Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

v0dka

(Week 9) Free Lineup Advice

Once again, post any lineup, trade proposal or waiver questions and I'll answer them to the best of my knowledge. I put a lot of thought and research into each question and hopefully I can help some of you win your matchups.

The reason I'm making a thread for this is that I'd like to go back and see how accurate my advice has been for everyone and it's a lot easier to just look in a single thread as opposed to several.

My prior lineup advice threads

Non ppr

Which 3 flexes out of the 6?

Donald Brown

Javon Ringer

Greg Little

Jonathan Baldwin

Malcolm Floyd

Demaryius Thomas

It's been a disasterous year so far as I have been plagued by injuries, underperformers and bad luck. I'm in last place but not out of it yet but it's getting close. What do I do with this team in my sig? If I try and package a RB/WR combo like, Greene or Wells with a Wayne or Washington type package, who should I target? Or just sit tight and ride it out and pray my luck turns around. Thanks for your help.

We start

QB

RB

RB

WR

WR

RB/WR Flex

TE

K

Def

I need to start 2 WR, 2 RB and a flex.

WR: White, Marshall, Julio Jones, Boldin

RB: FJax (auto start), Blount, Murray

0.5 ppr league, bonuses for yardages.

Lineup is in my thread. I am stacked at RB and since we only start 2 I will virtually never use Blount. I offered DJax/Blount for Wallace. He is an old friend and pretty stingy about trading, but he actually said maybe to this because he is pretty desperate at RB. Would this trade work out for me? If he declines, would it be crazy to offer the same trade with Gore instead of Blount? I am pretty certain he would accept that and I would still have Foster/FJax/Blount and would only have to start 2 each week.

Top 2 Defenses this week:

Hou vs CLE

Cin @ TEN

Dal vs Sea

KC vs MIA

Oak vs Den

Which QB? Cassel vs MIA, Tebow @ OAK, Fitzpatrick vs NYJ

Thanks in advance.

It's been a disasterous year so far as I have been plagued by injuries, underperformers and bad luck. I'm in last place but not out of it yet but it's getting close. What do I do with this team in my sig? If I try and package a RB/WR combo like, Greene or Wells with a Wayne or Washington type package, who should I target? Or just sit tight and ride it out and pray my luck turns around. Thanks for your help.

We start

QB

RB

RB

WR

WR

RB/WR Flex

TE

K

Def

Tried to edit my post but would not let me. Anyway need to add some more pertinent info. Our rules dictate that I carry 2 TE's, 2 K's and 2 Def's so I can't carry anymore than 5 rb's and 5 wr's. Thanks again for your input.

Which DST?

Cincy @ Ten

NYJ @ Buffalo

or Drop James Jones for a 1-week filler:

KC vs. Miami

Atlanta @ Indy

Oakland vs. Denver

Non ppr

Which 3 flexes out of the 6?

Donald Brown

Javon Ringer

Greg Little

Jonathan Baldwin

Malcolm Floyd

Demaryius Thomas

Greg Little has a date with Johnathan Joseph, I'd shy away from that match up. Brown just won't receive enough touches to make him fantasy relevant. Floyd had a solid Monday night game and has had two 100 yard games in his last 3. I'd say he is your safest bet to put up big numbers from this group.

I'd go Baldwin and Ringer as my other two choices.

Guest Smokyo7

Since you're giving out advice I'll try to get a few :-D

1) So if McFadden ends up not playing this weekend should I put in CJ against a decent Bengals DE or Bush coming off a his best game of the season against the Chiefs? http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?show...p;#entry2458023

2) Who would you start in flex: Manningham @ NE | Holmes @ BUF | Rice @ DAL [Have Manningham in now]

3) I grabbed Atlanta DEF even though I have Baltimore; thinking of starting them against Indi rather than Balt against Pit.

Which RB to play: Mendenhall vs BAL, Bush vs DEN, Tolbert vs DEN, Greene vs BUF, Benson vs TEN, or Battle vs MIA

Which WR (if Nicks is out): Cruz, Lloyd, or J. Jones

Thanks!

Team is in sig.

Trying to figure out who to start in my flex position.

Right now it's a tossup between Doucet, Decker, or Ogbonnaya. Who would you go with?

EDIT: Also, let me know what you think about the trades I've done so far

i need to start 3 WR's and 2 RB's...which should i start? Thanks!

WR:

J. Maclin vs Chi

V. Cruz vs NE

S. Holmes vs Buf

P. Garcon vs Atl

N. Washington vs Cin

RB:

S. Jackson vs Ari

M. Tolbert vs GB

C. Benson vs Ten

R. Bush vs KC

Once again, post any lineup, trade proposal or waiver questions and I'll answer them to the best of my knowledge. I put a lot of thought and research into each question and hopefully I can help some of you win your matchups.

The reason I'm making a thread for this is that I'd like to go back and see how accurate my advice has been for everyone and it's a lot easier to just look in a single thread as opposed to several.

My prior lineup advice threads

I'd appreciate your opinion on my Week 9 lineup. I'm finding it difficult deciding who to run with for this week. My gut is telling me to keep sticking with DeMarco. However, Brent Celek is projected to have a big game vs Chi.

Thank you in advance!

12 team Yahoo Std.

Starters:

QB - Tarvaris Jackson

WR1 - H Nicks

WR2 - A. Boldin

WR3 - A. Johnson

RB1 - L. Blount

RB2 - B. Wells

TE - Gonzo

Flex - B Celek

Def - NYJ

Bench:

DeMarco Murray

Jake Ballard

Flacco/Hasse

K Walter

Def - KC

I need to start 2 WR, 2 RB and a flex.

WR: White, Marshall, Julio Jones, Boldin

RB: FJax (auto start), Blount, Murray

0.5 ppr league, bonuses for yardages.

WR: Roddy White - He's a must start for me this week against Indy's horrid secondary.

WR: Brandon Marshall

RB: Fred Jackson

RB: Lagarette Blount - I normally try to avoid starting players that are coming off an injury but Blount vs. New Orleans' dead last rush defense is too juicy of a match up.

FLEX: DeMarco Murray - I don't expect much from him but I think he'll put up serviceable stats against the tough Seattle rush defense. I look for around 60 yards and a score.

I got a few answers on this but I'd like your opinion too

should I do this trade :

Got offered:

Jennings for my Fitz & Gronk

that's a no brainer right

Absolutely.

We start

QB

RB

RB

WR

WR

RB/WR Flex

TE

K

Def

Wow. This is a great roster for a last place team, man. I presume your problem has been sticking with guys who are disappointing (Johnson and Wayne in particular).

If you want to make a trade, I'm not sure who I'd target since you're fine at QB, very good at RB and WR, and fine at TE.

You just need to sit Johnson and Wayne until they, hopefully, come around. With Jackson, Greene, Fitz, Bryant and Rice, you should be fine at those five spots, with Rivers and Davis filling the other two spots.

The only guy I would consider dropping is Washington. He's been absolutely terrible since Britt went down. Not sure who's available, but I'll roll the dice on a sleeper seeing as you already have good depth at the position

So maybe not what you wanted to hear, but I'd ride it out.

My roddy+b.jacobs+best for his AJ Green+Mathews?

My other rb's are rice, Ricky Williams, McGahee

My other wrs are Wallace, Greg little, douceur, Braylon.

I'm 7-1 in a 10team league, top 4 go to playoffs so I'm locked in.

We start 2 rb and 3 wr, NO flex spot so rb depth is a little less important.

Would you do it? I feel like roddy isn't gonna get back to top 10, especially with Julio back to steal targets away.