Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CubsFan

ESPN Fantasy Users

7 posts in this topic

I can't find what PVO means under "This Week" on my teams page. I really wish ESPN could add better features to their fantasy stuff. CBS Sportsline was great for fantasy info for baseball.

I can't find what PVO means under "This Week" on my teams page. I really wish ESPN could add better features to their fantasy stuff. CBS Sportsline was great for fantasy info for baseball.

Points vs opponent?

That'd be my guess.

Or maybe "Projection vs. opponent"?

Got it:

PVO is the position vs opponent ranking. This takes into account the other teams ability to defend that position.

PVO takes into account how the other team handles that position

regardless of the personal skills of the player. For example, if a

running back is going up against a team with a great running defense

then his PVO will be negative. Week 2 features NO vs TB. Both Reggie

Bush and Deuce McAllister (both on NO) have a +14.5 PVO because TB has

a bad run defense. Whereas Phi plays Wash so Kevin Curtis and Reggie

Brown (both on Phi) have a -5.9 because Wash has a decent pass

defense.

If I hover my mouse over it, it says Position vs Opponent Rating. For example, they have Matt Hassleback's PVO at -5.4%.

Where is this opponent rating they are basing this off of? LOL

If I hover my mouse over it, it says Position vs Opponent Rating. For example, they have Matt Hassleback's PVO at -5.4%.

Where is this opponent rating they are basing this off of? LOL

Yeah, it seems kind of arbitrary without a key or legend or frame of reference. I mean, I guess -100% would be the worst?

I don't really like the team page stats on ESPN. It seems like a bunch of arbitrary information that really is worthless. For example, what is that Hector and Victor stuff? WHat do they matter? I think the Yahoo information is much more usefull. Also, I like the stat tracker in Yahoo much better because it actually gives me statistical information of my players unlike ESPN just gives me the fantasy points they have.

I don't really like the team page stats on ESPN. It seems like a bunch of arbitrary information that really is worthless. For example, what is that Hector and Victor stuff? WHat do they matter? I think the Yahoo information is much more usefull. Also, I like the stat tracker in Yahoo much better because it actually gives me statistical information of my players unlike ESPN just gives me the fantasy points they have.

Totally agree here. I used Yahoo for baseball this year and ESPN for football. Yahoo's design is so much more helpful. It's kind of sad that a site dedicated to sports can't get it right...