Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MustacheToes

Marvin Williams

I know it's still too early to really call him a bust, but in watching him still I do not see him ever becoming a good player and just being average at best. I watched his game today at home against the Bulls and he just doesn't look good at all. Throughout the entire game I maybe only saw him for 2 or 3 minutes in separate spurts and that was just about it. While the Hawks were on defense I never even noticed the slightest impact from him and saw him just kinda standing around. One other thing I noticed was that when he was on O if he doesn't have the ball he just stands around the perimeter. If he continues these trends I find it very hard to understand how he will get starters minutes. During his short spurts he can look okay at time but usually just looks out of control. I personally don't think from what limited action of him I have seen that he will change much, unless he gets a better coach or someone who will just make him work MUCH harder.

Anyone else have anymore insight on this? If so tune me in if there is something in him that I am not aware of or just not seeing in him.

i just think its still too early. the problems you mentioned (basically standing around and not putting forth enough effort) can be changed. The more comfortable he gets with the offense he better he'll be. I think the bigger problem is that the hawks don't seem to really play together enough. the need a good point guard. i've seen josh smith look lost at times. i think its more the coach/offense/group of guys more so then a lack of talent.

He needs to develop a post up game. Post up, face up the defender, and use the jab stab. Just like Melo...use that size advantage he has at 3 spot.

Otherwise, he can become another Jonathan Bender. Not really either 3 or 4...he's never gonna become a good 4, so he should define himself as a 3.