Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SharkSwimmer

Running Back Log Jam

I definitely plan to start Donald Brown against the Panthers this week--even bad running backs have been tearing Carolina to shreds, and it is no wonder, since they have lost several of their top linebackers.

Jonathan Stewart v. Indy seems like a good possibility, as well. That leaves me with two more choices, assuming Darren McFadden is held out yet again this week:

Chris Johnson v. Tampa

Ryan Mathews v. Denver

Johnson has an easier matchup, but is not good. Mathews goes up against a red-hot Broncos D, and he splits carries with Tolbert, a man that Norv and Phillip seem to be in love with much more than he deserves.

What do you guys think? WDHIRFS

Wait til later in the week for an injury update on Matthews. If he is practicing and reports on his health are good, then you definitely have to go with him. If he is limited in practice all week, then I'd probably roll the dice with CJ.

Tough choices. Even when Mathews is declaired "healthy" he gets dinged again and plays only a half. CJ should get more action with Hasselbeck out, but maybe they'll stack the box too. Roll the dice with Mathews if he gets some prectice in this week. DMC is killing me too. Thanks for mine.

I definitely plan to start Donald Brown against the Panthers this week--even bad running backs have been tearing Carolina to shreds, and it is no wonder, since they have lost several of their top linebackers.

Jonathan Stewart v. Indy seems like a good possibility, as well. That leaves me with two more choices, assuming Darren McFadden is held out yet again this week:

Chris Johnson v. Tampa

Ryan Mathews v. Denver

Johnson has an easier matchup, but is not good. Mathews goes up against a red-hot Broncos D, and he splits carries with Tolbert, a man that Norv and Phillip seem to be in love with much more than he deserves.

What do you guys think? WDHIRFS

Ryan Mathews has been terrible for me (not the team you helped me out with but another team) after fumbling twice last week and dealing with vulture tolbert I would not suggest Mathews...

Chris Johnson is not that bad of a play but with his lethargic performances and his seemingly complacent attitude I wouldn't play him until he can prove himself to be trustworthy.

That brings us to Jstew, this is my choice. He's been solid all year, and has outperformed DeAngelo nearly every game. He's used in every juncture of the game especially when the Panthers are down (which they won't be in this game) but the point is he's been performing well all season. I go Jstew.

I agree, that is why I am starting Jonathan Stewart and Donald Brown. But, in the flex, I have either Chris Johnson, Ryan Mathews, or an unbelievably crappy wide receiver.

Silva likes Mathews way better than Johnson. The Bucs have been laying down for almost everyone this year, though.

Brown, CJ, and Matthews for me.

I don't want anything to do with Carolina's run game, their QB is the goal line RB for petes sake!

Well I have Newton, too, so it is usually win-win for me at the goal-line when Carolina gets there, as long as I start Stewart. I really appreciate your input, though. Definitely food for thought...

I would have to say Ryan Mathews if he's healthy, with Hasselbeck out, CJ has not shown the ability to do anything with regular defensive formations, let alone a stacked box.

Benching Chris Johnson is the way I am leaning, but it would be me all over to muck it up and leave the highest scorer out of all four in reserve!

Thanks, everyone, for the help so far. A lot of good points to ponder have been raised.

Mathews if he goes. I desperately want CJ to do well. But he's used up all his goodwill with me.

Thanks for answering mine!

I am giving this one a bump because of updated info.

The shine has worn off Donald Brown quite a bit since Joseph Addai has practiced this week. The Colts seem irrationally attached to Mr. Addai.

Chris Johnson is the same, although his coach expressed more support for Johnson this week.

Mathews practiced Friday and appears to be all systems go for Sunday.

Jonathan Stewart is my final choice. I like his matchup against the Colts, but DeAngelo Williams was much more involved in the running game last week against Detroit.

I need three of these four, unless I start David Nelson, then I only need two. But I am pretty sure I need three.

Johnson, Mathews, Stewart.

Johnson plays another bad run defense, and he tore Carolina up.

Mathews should get a good amount of carries, he saw a lot of work against Chicago.

Stewart should get plenty of work, I expect Carolina to take a lead and run out the clock for quite some time. Even splitting carries, he could get 100yds, and he catches the balls out of the backfield.

I don't like Brown due to splitting carries with Addai, and that they'll likely be playing from behind.

Stewart and Brown....I sure am glad I dont have CJ2K, its got to be killing people. I am just not filling Ryan Matthews, especially with all of the speculation that he wont play.

Any other opinions out there?

Changing my answer. Now I'd sit Brown.

Thanks for answering me again!

My bad -- double post!

Bump--

Any news on the Colts running back plans for tomorrow? All I have been reading all week is how many Panthers run game defenders are going to miss the game...