Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coleporter

Brandon Saine 2011 Season Outlook

17 posts in this topic

Does this guy have playoff sleeper potential? Fast with good size. Got a few touches last week. Probably not enough to bump up over Grant but who knows? Starks has been banged up lately and Grant seems to have lost a step. Seems to catch the ball well and in a Rodgers offense where he uses the pass all the time that could be something to look for.

no. He has good speed and they packaged him for some specific plays last week but that was it. He has too many obstacles to overcome, Starks and Grant both have to be injured, and even so, GB is still a passing team which would limit his chances too.

arod doesnt need a running back

A-Rod is his own best RB. He is also a stat-whore... Not a good mix for GB RB's... :)

Starks just got carted off and Ryan Grant is horrible. Saine got some playing time last week, you guys think we could see an increased role against the pathetic Oakland defense next week?

Starks just got carted off and Ryan Grant is horrible. Saine got some playing time last week, you guys think we could see an increased role against the pathetic Oakland defense next week?

Absolutely. No reason for the pack to hurry with Starks. Grant is putrid and McCarthy rolls with 2 RBs. Saine's value is dependant on Starks' injury because we all know Ryan Grant wont challenge him for carries. Keep an eye on the situation.

FWIW, The announcer was talking about this guy and said "Aaron Rodgers told us before the game that Saine just might have the best hands on the team."

FWIW, The announcer was talking about this guy and said "Aaron Rodgers told us before the game that Saine just might have the best hands on the team."

I heard this too. If this is the case you have to think that they will include him more in the passing game and in to next year. Based on what Aaron Rodgers said, I'm picking him up. If not for this season, next season -- Grant will be a free agent.

Anyone taking a chance on this guy and starting him in the flex?

I just picked him up and i think he will have some value if he gets 10-15 touches

For those in dynasty leagues, isn't there also a kid named Green they drafted who is supposed to be the next guy eventually?

Yes, Alex Green, highly versatile RB out of Hawaii.

considering starting him in ppr league over bjge. need a high risk/high reward situation. or im just being stupid.

considering starting him in ppr league over bjge. need a high risk/high reward situation. or im just being stupid.

There's no way you can possibly do this. New England should have the lead and BJGE is the man in those situations. Doesn't hurt that Ridley and Vereen are banged up either.

I would call it high risk/mediocre to low reward. BJ Raji and Kuhn may haunt you.

Any word on him? Was having a decent game before getting his bell rung. Yeah I am that desperate. DeMarco down and the cubbard is bare.

Any word on him? Was having a decent game before getting his bell rung. Yeah I am that desperate. DeMarco down and the cubbard is bare.

"Brandon Saine (concussion) "probably" will be able to play against the Chiefs in Week 15, according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. Saine saw just three touches for 21 yards before going down against the Raiders last week. His injury allowed John Kuhn to kill the clock with 10 carries for 46 yards. James Starks' (ankle) status for this week is unclear right now."

I may roll the dice myself if Starks is still out. But Ryan Grant played well last week, so who knows how that situation will work out. After watching Greg Jennings get hurt, I'm pretty sure the Packers will be far more cautious. I'd think Saine is more expendable than Grant (not saying much), so maybe he and Kuhn will get the second half clock-killing carries once the packers build a 30 point lead.