Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anthony1

Antonio Brown or Miles Austin?

6 posts in this topic

I'm trying to decide between playing Antonio Brown on Thursday Night, or keeping him on my bench and hoping that Miles Austin is fully healthy. In regards to Brown, the Cleveland matchup kinda concerns me. Haden should be on Wallace, which would make you think that Brown could have a huge day, but with the Browns being so weak against the run, maybe Pitt just won't pass it all that much.

The downside for me is that I put Antonio Brown on my bench, and then at the last minute maybe Austin doesn't play. In that scenario, I do have Eric Decker and Damian Williams on my bench that I could go to if worse came to worse.

I'm definitely starting Victor Cruz and Dez Bryant, just need help with the 3rd WR.

Depends a lot on what the reports are on Austin today and tomorrow. If by the Thursday game it looks like Austin will play then I would probably hold out. If its questionable or there is any doubt then I would go the safe route with Brown. Playoffs is no time to be left in the cold on a player that doesn't play.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?/topic/263715-two-questions/

Playoffs is no time to be left in the cold on a player that doesnt play.

Here's the thing, I can always plug in Damian Williams or Eric Decker at the last second if Austin ends up being a no-go on Sunday. So, it's not like I'm going to end up with zero points. Certainly, you'd much rather have Antonio Brown starting than Decker or D.Williams (Titans), but it's the chance I would have to take with the Thursday game complicating things....

I dont like the idea of starting Dez and Miles. Pick one or the other and stick Brown in as well. Brown keeps putting up good numbers week after week, and Ben likes to pass right now. With the coverage that Wallace consistently draws, Brown is almost like a WR1 (similar to the Robinson situation in Dallas). Ive got him on my bench, but I keep trying to figure out a way to get him in the lineup.

I'd go Brown. I am a Brown and Austin owner. I'm hoping Maclin comes back so I don't have to play either. I don't trust Austin coming back in his first game and don't expect Pitt passing to put up huge numbers. Brown is a lock to get probably 70 yards or so but don't expect anything more.