Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

underhill

I R confused

4 posts in this topic

Been hanging onto M. Green most of the season and now C. Giroux is DTD with a concussion. Anyone have some insight as to the process of determining when to place a player on the I.R.?

Been hanging onto M. Green most of the season and now C. Giroux is DTD with a concussion. Anyone have some insight as to the process of determining when to place a player on the I.R.?

I know in ESPN formats you can't move a guy to IR if he's listed as DTD. Once they put him on IR or he's listed as Out, then u can move him to IR

sorry, unclear question. i meant when does the players team, say Washington decide to place, or not place in Green's case, a player on the injured reserve. searched NHL.com and could only come up with the rules stating a player would have to be on the list for 7 days.

Its up to the team to decide if they want to place the player on IL in order to call up or activate another player. The NHL roster is maxed at 23.

Then, there are a host of determining factors whether a team wants to make that move such as depth, length of injury, quantity of upcoming games and salary cap implications.

The last factor was the primary reason why the Devils dressed only 18 players in a few games last year because the were maxed out towards the cap and financially could not afford to have anymore players on their roster.