Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Code of Hammurabi

Jeff Green 2012-2013 Season Outlook

237 posts in this topic

Jeff Green, apparently dealing with some kind of heart issue after struggling through a stress test in his physical, will have his condition clarified by the Celtics on Friday.

A Rotoworld source indicates this is a very serious and possibly grave issue, while ESPN's Chris Forsberg appears to share those concerns.

That is a real bummer for him if it's true. It also makes the Perk trade look even worse.

Uggh.

Ugh, From what I have heard, I wouldn't count on seeing Jeff Green on the court this season and it's rumored to be a career ending condition.

anyone heard anything coming out of the rumor mill? They should have gotten the results today.

Out for the season.....what a shame.....

Jeff Green - F - Celtics

Jeff Green will miss the entire 2011-12 season due to an aortic aneurysm which will require surgery.

Green is only 25 years old, and obviously we're more concerned about his health than the fantasy implications of his illness. The good news is that the problem was detected before it turned into something tragic, and it is not considered career-ending. Boston is now perilously thin at backup SF/PF, and will likely pick up a free agent or two in the coming days.

I'm just glad they caught it early and he's going to be somewhat okay. I hope for a speedy return.

From a purely fantasy standpoint, who gains from Jeff Green's misfortune the most? Brandon Bass?

25 points today. I know it's preseason but its a good sign. What are thoughts on him going forward? Is 15 and 5 a realistic expectation?

25 points today. I know it's preseason but its a good sign. What are thoughts on him going forward? Is 15 and 5 a realistic expectation?

15 and 5 def with 1 stl 1 blk 1.5 threes nice glue player too have

Still stupefied how a smart, savvy team like the Celtics shelled out $10M a year for him.

14ppg / 4.5rpg / 1apg / 1spg / .5bpg / .8 3pm / .460 / .800

And there's no way he's getting a 1/1/1 that Knicks269 is projecting, let alone 1/1/1.5.

Still stupefied how a smart, savvy team like the Celtics shelled out $10M a year for him.

And there's no way he's getting a 1/1/1 that Knicks269 is projecting, let alone 1/1/1.5.

He has a good chance of getting those projections, but I think he'll have a lot of inconsistent performances. Remember he hasn't played in a year. He'll likely have good games, and bad games. In the end the only stat I don't agree with you is FG%. I believe he will hurt fantasy teams significantly because he has never been a good shooter and just chucks shots as if he's a PG. Since he doesn't help you in many categories, and will hurt your FG%, I'd stay away.

Edit: But, if Pierce gets injured, or Bass gets benched, and he manages to somehow play around 30-34mins/g (which I don't see happening this year), then definitely pick him up. In a few seasons, he'll be a sleeper in drafts.

He has a good chance of getting those projections, but I think he'll have a lot of inconsistent performances. Remember he hasn't played in a year. He'll likely have good games, and bad games. In the end the only stat I don't agree with you is FG%. I believe he will hurt fantasy teams significantly because he has never been a good shooter and just chucks shots as if he's a PG. Since he doesn't help you in many categories, and will hurt your FG%, I'd stay away.

I definitely agree with both the inconsistency and the fact that he has a tendency to have a poor shot selection. However, I'm banking on the C's disciplined culture to change the shooting - after all, Green did shoot .485 in his brief 26 game stint with the C's following his trade from OKC.

Edit: But, if Pierce gets injured, or Bass gets benched, and he manages to somehow play around 30-34mins/g (which I don't see happening this year), then definitely pick him up. In a few seasons, he'll be a sleeper in drafts.

You guys do know pierce and Garnett didn't play, and it was vs. the NY Knicks JV squad.....Chris Copeland scored 34 for NY are we excited about him???

Take the preseason with a grain of salt, analyze the situation.... Green is a nice story, but he played 38 mins, he'll need a triple overtime game to ever see that many minutes this season, Jeesh....

You guys do know pierce and Garnett didn't play, and it was vs. the NY Knicks JV squad.....Chris Copeland scored 34 for NY are we excited about him???

Take the preseason with a grain of salt, analyze the situation.... Green is a nice story, but he played 38 mins, he'll need a triple overtime game to ever see that many minutes this season, Jeesh....

while I like your pessimism to keep things realistic for Jeff Green.. I think that you have gone way over yourself with your last statement

opinions are good but learn to keep things in perspective ;)

Agree with wisegeeks...

Green does have a chance at getting some regular minutes in rotations and if he does good enough he has a chance at being 6th man material, which is always valuable...

Copeland...not so much

while I like your pessimism to keep things realistic for Jeff Green.. I think that you have gone way over yourself with your last statement opinions are good but learn to keep things in perspective ;)

Actually, he's spot on. Jeff Green's per-36 stats are very subpar, especially considering how much he's getting paid. He's a very underwhelming, overrated player and I don't think he's being pessimistic at all.

while I like your pessimism to keep things realistic for Jeff Green.. I think that you have gone way over yourself with your last statement opinions are good but learn to keep things in perspective ;)

Actually, he's spot on. Jeff Green's per-36 stats are very subpar, especially considering how much he's getting paid. He's a very underwhelming, overrated player and I don't think he's being pessimistic at all.

Donny Marshall has been comparing him to James Worthy all preseason. He has legitimately been the talk of Celtics camp with how impressive he has looked. I really think you're underrating him.

Doc is Old School, i sense that he loves Jeff Green because of his steady,smooth type of game. He will get 28-30 mins in my opinion maybe even more as the team said they will rest Garnett even more this season giving Green a few more minutes. I hope im right because i just picked him up for AK47. If Green gets his 32 mins per game he will average at least 14 ppg 5 rpg 1.2 3s 1.3stls with pretty good %s.