SwisherHouse

What are you listening to?

ehh its not that great IMO. really slows down towards the end of the album. too many (wack) guests, too many weak hooks, the beats are hit or miss.

my favorite tracks are still the ones that were leaked months ago.

game theory > rising down

I agree.

The title track off of "game theory" is one of my favorite tracks of the last few years.

I agree that Game Theory was much better but Rising Down is still hot in my opinion. I don't like all the guests though. I mean one or two are OK but the majority of the songs are like posse cuts with way too many guests. But all in all I'm a big fan of the beats and Black's rhymes. The only thing that sucks is I bought the CD at a store (trying to help the starving artists out there) and "Birthday Girl" isn't on it. No big deal but now I have to buy the whole album on iTunes to get that one song.

I've been listening to A Tribe Called Quest... and Atreyu.

An odd mix, yes I know.

please tell me old Atreyu, Lead Sails Paper Anchor almost made me want to throw up

The only thing that sucks is I bought the CD at a store (trying to help the starving artists out there) and "Birthday Girl" isn't on it. No big deal but now I have to buy the whole album on iTunes to get that one song.

why would you want that song? there's a reason why it was left off the US retail version of the album. it was slated to be on the album but was pulled becuz of negative feedback i liked the story behind the song, but the execution was weak IMO.

I dont know the name of the song but its the "Dont Fear The Reaper" one. Very very good song, a friend made a couple of CDs for me and that was one of them, never heard it before and it was cool

I dont know the name of the song but its the "Dont Fear The Reaper" one. Very very good song, a friend made a couple of CDs for me and that was one of them, never heard it before and it was cool

If it's old, it's Blue Oyster Cult, if it's new it's HIM

please tell me old Atreyu, Lead Sails Paper Anchor almost made me want to throw up

Seriously, when did Atreyu become an emo band? That album sounds like a little harder version of Silverstein. Not good at all.

Seriously, when did Atreyu become an emo band? That album sounds like a little harder version of Silverstein. Not good at all.

Some songs grew on me after a while. Honor, Becoming the Bull, and Blow. But the rest I can't stand. The Curse is by far my favorite album and I wish they'd go back to that, but every good band seems tobe puss'in out now a days

Unholy Confessions...Avenged Sevenfold.

the intro to this song is pretty sweet.

why would you want that song? there's a reason why it was left off the US retail version of the album. it was slated to be on the album but was pulled becuz of negative feedback i liked the story behind the song, but the execution was weak IMO.

Just like you said you liked the story behind it, I did too.

Unholy Confessions...Avenged Sevenfold.

the intro to this song is pretty sweet.

Great song

Some songs grew on me after a while. Honor, Becoming the Bull, and Blow. But the rest I can't stand. The Curse is by far my favorite album and I wish they'd go back to that, but every good band seems tobe puss'in out now a days

I don't see why so many dislike the new Atreyu. The ones you listed are the ones I like, but I generally don't see what's wrong with the new material. Maybe it's a longtime fan kinda thing. Idk about you, but the excessive screaming isn't really my thing.

I am listening to some stuff from Clint Mansell, great (Saw theme, Smokin Aces music, The Fountain music)

Clint Mansell - Death Is A Road to Awe = Great music

Edited by The Darcmenace

Currently can't get enough of "Let the Drummer Kick" by Citizen Cope...listening to a lot of Modest Mouse and Muse otherwise...

Edited by miltonj81

I am listening to some stuff from Clint Mansell, great (Saw theme, Smokin Aces music, The Fountain music)

Clint Mansell - Death Is A Road to Awe = Great music

how can you bring up clint mansell and not mention "Lux Aeterna"?

sick song

I'm throwing this up in 2 threads to make sure it get's peoples attention

Synester Gates deserves your love!!!

He's my musical idol at this point and he just keeps getting better and better, while the band he's in changes the direction of their music

http://youtube.com/watch?v=I8akxHCUBLk

this is Afterlife by Avenged Sevenfold, his solo starts around 2:50 and I'm pretty much obsessed with it for now.... Listen and be bewildered!

I haven't even heard of most of the bands/songs you guys are talking about. lol

But this song f-ing R O C K S: Energy by Skillet.

I haven't even heard of most of the bands/songs you guys are talking about. lol

But this song f-ing R O C K S: Energy by Skillet.

Skillet = thumbs up. I almost forget they're a christian band.... Then again that's not necessarily a bad thing; As I Lay Dying is christian as well.

how can you bring up clint mansell and not mention "Lux Aeterna"?

sick song

I listened to that one before I listened to The Road to Awe....Great song, both versions

I have been into the mixtapes a lot of lately.

A couple of good ones for the true hiphop heads is Popular Fallacies by John Doe of the 1200 Hobos.

And Qbert has a set of break CD's with 4 Volumes called Breakonomics. Not sure how old these 2 are, but both new to me and I have been playing them into the ground at the gym. Anyone who might be interested let me know and I can tell where to get them. Don't worry it won't cost you a thing B) .

I'm currently listening to the new Nine Inch Nails album "The Slip" that was released through their website on Sunday May 4th(which just so happens to have been somebody's BDay but I didn't get a nifty little happy bday thread). Kind of blows that they had a fallout with their record label but I will take free NIN all day long.

I got Hyptonized by Plies on right now. (The Wife likes him, for whatever reason)

A change from what i usally listen to - Country.

I got Hyptonized by Plies on right now. (The Wife likes him, for whatever reason)

You have found a great woman if she's into Plies.

Play her "Bust It Baby (Part I)" tonight. That will no doubt get her goin.