SwisherHouse

What are you listening to?

o and too lazy to go thru the whole thread, but saw lotta ppl mentionin kanye on the first page. anyone else go see him perform recently?? went to the show here in toronto, the man knows how to entertain. probably the best MC right now in the game when u factor in everything (marketing, presence/swag, production, verses, live performances, sales, etc etc etc). i do not think hes close to being the best lyracist, but def the biggest MC in the game by far and its not even close. and proabbly one of the best producers of my time anyway.

I havn't been able to stop listening to the Haunted lately. Love them.

o and too lazy to go thru the whole thread, but saw lotta ppl mentionin kanye on the first page. anyone else go see him perform recently?? went to the show here in toronto, the man knows how to entertain. probably the best MC right now in the game when u factor in everything (marketing, presence/swag, production, verses, live performances, sales, etc etc etc). i do not think hes close to being the best lyracist, but def the biggest MC in the game by far and its not even close. and proabbly one of the best producers of my time anyway.

I had a chance to go to Glow In The Dark when it came to San Francisco, but found out I couldnt at the last minute. Everything I have heard is that its the most amazing show of all time. I would have been just as excited to see Lupe and N.E.R.D. as Kanye too. Even Rihanna puts on a great set according to what Ive seen/read.

Dr. Dog's new one, Fate.

im not a fan of kanye. best mc? hell no. best entertainer, maybe.

IMO, he should put the mic down and just stick to producing r&b/pop.

Just brushed off the tape back and found some classic AC/DC,,,

Dirty Deeds - Done Dirt Cheap,,,

Every song sounds the same, but wow, it still rocks today

Been listening to a lot of Disturbed's "Indestructible".

It's good, not a lot different than your usual Disturbed album, but that's not a bad thing.

Really dig the title track and "Criminal".

Just brushed off the tape back and found some classic AC/DC,,,

Dirty Deeds - Done Dirt Cheap,,,

Every song sounds the same, but wow, it still rocks today

f**kin A right. somebody around here likes rock and roll!

f**kin A right. somebody around here likes rock and roll!

That was the first concert I ever went to. So epic.

Can't get enough of these 2 songs right now...

Justice - Genesis

My Morning Jacket - Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Part 2

Edited by spundin

Nas - the zzzzzz tape

the GOAT is back

'Hero' is out of this world for a single and the best track i've heard this year. gonna blow up this summer i'm sure just wait.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YBZxvVsLY98

Yea that tape is crazy.

Im looking forward to "Untitled", if Nasir is gonna stick with that title for the album.

Im currently listening to the new Bishop Lamont tape "The Confessional". Some great material from Dre's protege.

Nas - the zzzzzz tape

the GOAT is back

'Hero' is out of this world for a single and the best track i've heard this year. gonna blow up this summer i'm sure just wait.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YBZxvVsLY98

"fried chicken" is more my type of beat. he also has this song where he raps just over an untouched david axelrod track a la ghostface. good stuff.

i have a feeling that mixtape will be > than the album. nas makes terrible decisions on tracks like that, hence the existence of "lost tapes"

Yea that tape is crazy.

Im currently listening to the new Bishop Lamont tape "The Confessional". Some great material from Dre's protege.

good looks. gotta check my blogs tommorrow.

i still listen to n****noize weekly. sick tape.

i have a feeling that mixtape will be > than the album. nas makes terrible decisions on tracks like that, hence the existence of "lost tapes"

Thats for sure.

Lost Tapes > any Nas album thats not Illmatic

"It Was Written..." is close though.

"fried chicken" is more my type of beat. he also has this song where he raps just over an untouched david axelrod track a la ghostface. good stuff.

yeah i like fried chickens beat better cuz i love laid back piano loops more than anything really. but hero, for a single, is crazzzy. the 2nd and 3rd verses, 3rd in particular, can only be done by ONE rapper right now...period. hes on a diff level.

and i got faith in this album. so far we got what like 4 tracks? (n.i.g.g.e.r. (maybe my fav beat of all of them), be a zzzzzz too (pretty nice track but probably the worst), hero, and fried chicken). imo they're all great tracks, no duds. but we'll see.

altho i don't see it touching obv illmatic (GOAT album in hip hop), it was written, stillmatic, lost tapes, gods son. imo those were all classics and it would be hard to match them, but who knows.

All day, every day: it's the BLACK KEYS

If you want hip hop, nothing touches these guys:

Edited by endzoneview

All day, every day: it's the BLACK KEYS

If you want hip hop, nothing touches these guys:

Black Keys are pretty sick.

Black Keys are pretty sick.

yeah, they shouldve picked a different name for their band though. 2 piece band, the + a color + plural noun... sound familiar?

their sound is surprisingly full for a 2 piece. they must get hooked up in the studio. anybody seen them live?

yeah, they shouldve picked a different name for their band though. 2 piece band, the + a color + plural noun... sound familiar?

their sound is surprisingly full for a 2 piece. they must get hooked up in the studio. anybody seen them live?

I missed them at Coachella this year. I think they are playing Lollapalooza. That line-up is insane.

Yes. Pretty damn good live.

As for another "Black" band, who is killer live...Black Lips. LOVE them.

I seen them three times. A grubby bar in Baltimore in 2001, in 2004 Coachella in a small tent, and in a club in California last year.

All three were great shows. Until their recent album, it's been self produced and straight up just two guys rocking it. For the new album they brought in a producer (Danger Mouse) and he adds some bells and whistles (literally) which gives them a new element, but they still keep that raw blues/rock/garage sound.

The best/funniest diss track since The Game's "300 Bars and Runnin":

You dont even have to be following the Mic Terror/Mazzi beef to understand how much MT owned Mazzi on this track.

This guy would own them both

The best/funniest diss track since The Game's "300 Bars and Runnin":

You dont even have to be following the Mic Terror/Mazzi beef to understand how much MT owned Mazzi on this track.