SwisherHouse

What are you listening to?

The best/funniest diss track since The Game's "300 Bars and Runnin":

You dont even have to be following the Mic Terror/Mazzi beef to understand how much MT owned Mazzi on this track.

ouch. mic T's the only one i like out of this new chi-town hipster BS. he's vicious. hopefully he sticks to his roots and doesnt become another one of what this city's been producing lately....you catch him throwing up "folks" at the end?

also, i've met mazzi before. my buddy brought me up to the studio when i visited him and mazzi worked on WKCR. hes actually cool people, but i dunno where his heads at.

Sitting at a bar by rehab....just heard it on waaf, catchy song....

Yeah, I listen to that song a lot. It is funny. Rehab has a lot of other good stuff, check em out.

Yeah, I listen to that song a lot. It is funny. Rehab has a lot of other good stuff, check em out.

i guess ill have to check em out, especially after listening to this song lol.

wow. nas just dropped a CLASSIC intro for his new album (which should leak anyday now since a few more tracks just leaked). this reminds me of nasty nas, real hungry. simple piano backdrop makes this verse even more powerful. flawless!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ahoQh5BrdFA

ey yo,

queens get the money ni**as,

still screamin paper chasin,

but presidental candidates is plannin wars with other nations,

over steak with mason's,

pregnant teens give birth to intelligent gangstas,

they daddy's faceless..play this.

by your stomach let my words massage it and rub it,

i'll be his daddy if there's nobody there to love it,

tell him his name nasir,

tell him how he got here,

mamma was just havin fun with someone above her years.

ni**az is still hatin,

talkin that nas done fell off with rhymin,

he'd rather floss with diamonds.

they pray, please god, let him spit that uzi and the army linin,

that shorty doo-wop rollin oo-wops in the park reclinin,

take 27 mc's, put em in a line, and they out of alignment,

my assignment says he said retirement,

hidin behind (???) and the chronic,

get rich, but dies rhymin,

this is hot science.

now add 23 more, from queens to b-more,

i'm over they heads, like a balemic on a see-saw, (< wow)

now thats 50 porch monkeys ate up at the same time,

nasty nasdaq,

ya'll gone bow holmes, thats dow jones,

80 cal chrome,

needed time alone, to zone,

the mac left his i-phone and his 9 at home,

my queen used her milkshake to bring ya'll to my slaughterhouses,

i do this for the group-home kids, and bordin' houses,

this that ni**a sh*t that's on the album,

for them ni**as inside the chalk-line and 40 houses,

bring back Arsenio,

hip hop was aborted,

so nas breaths life back into the embryo,

let us make man in our image,

spit it...i'm Huey P in Louie V at the eulogy,

throwin molotov's for Emmitt,

you aint as hot as I is,

all of these forced prohets is not messiahs,

you dont know how high the sky is,

the square milage of earth, or what pi is,

i'm the shaky hand that touched George Foreman in Zaire,

the same hand that punched down devils,

that brought down the towers.

Edited by MiggyManCrush

wow. nas just dropped a CLASSIC intro for his new album (which should leak anyday now since a few more tracks just leaked). this reminds me of nasty nas, real hungry. simple piano backdrop makes this verse even more powerful. flawless!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ahoQh5BrdFA

Yes. Thats supposed to be the lead track too. What a way to kick off an album. So many Nas tracks have leaked the last few days. I think about 8 or 9. The only track off of Untitled I downloaded was "Hero" just because it's the single. I want to listen to this album as a complete work, not a leaked single at a time over a couple weeks. I think that is what needs to be done to fully understand and appreciate an album of this magnitude and importance.

Yes. Thats supposed to be the lead track too. What a way to kick off an album. So many Nas tracks have leaked the last few days. I think about 8 or 9. The only track off of Untitled I downloaded was "Hero" just because it's the single. I want to listen to this album as a complete work, not a leaked single at a time over a couple weeks. I think that is what needs to be done to fully understand and appreciate an album of this magnitude and importance.

no i totally agree. i too have only downloaded hero. and i actually promised myself i wouldnt listen to ANY leaked tracks until the whole thing leaked officially, but it was impossible i found and foolish to even try that with nas. but i do agree, listening to it from start to finish as one whole piece is very important and i will do that when the time comes many times over. i actually had to go and analyze this intro queens get the money b/c i fell in love with it as soon as i heard it. it reminded me of the old nas and i hadnt heard him like this in some time. but the other tracks i only very briefly went over, merely to see if his beat selection was on point, which it is and am very pleased. any day now ths will leak and i will have to lock myself in my room for a couple days zoning out to this. cant wait.

NAS JUST LEAKED LAST NIGHT!!

i can honestly say without lying, this album WILL be a classic for starters. 2ndly, imo, its the best i've felt after listening to a nas album since the lost tapes. better than stillmatic IMO. theres not 1 skippable track. tracks like "america", "louis farrakhan", "queens get the money", "ya'll my ni**as", "sly fox", "hero"...these tracks push this album into not only good status, but beyond great. his flow is finally back too. he sounds like he did when he was young. and the topics covered on this album are very deep, and relevant. man this exceeded all my expectations. its my 3rd or 4th favourite nas album right NOW (after under 10 listens) after illmatic, IWW, and lost tapes.

i can honestly say without lying, this album WILL be a classic for starters. 2ndly, imo, its the best i've felt after listening to a nas album since the lost tapes. better than stillmatic IMO. theres not 1 skippable track. tracks like "america", "louis farrakhan", "queens get the money", "ya'll my ni**as", "sly fox", "hero"...these tracks push this album into not only good status, but beyond great. his flow is finally back too. he sounds like he did when he was young. and the topics covered on this album are very deep, and relevant. man this exceeded all my expectations. its my 3rd or 4th favourite nas album right NOW (after under 10 listens) after illmatic, IWW, and lost tapes.

Just got finished listening it for the second time. Am I the only one who thinks it was a big mistake to put Chris Brown and The Game on this album? That song feels so out of place on this album its not even funny. I'll have a more developed opinion after a few more listens but right now favorite tracks are "Sly Fox" and "America". It's a typical classic album by Nasir. It looks like its already the favorite for the best album of 2008 unless by a miracle Saigon drops in the next few months.

Reasons why Nas is one of the greatest. It's shameful how people don't recognize his greatness.

Just got finished listening it for the second time. Am I the only one who thinks it was a big mistake to put Chris Brown and The Game on this album? That song feels so out of place on this album its not even funny. I'll have a more developed opinion after a few more listens but right now favorite tracks are "Sly Fox" and "America". It's a typical classic album by Nasir. It looks like its already the favorite for the best album of 2008 unless by a miracle Saigon drops in the next few months.

all i gotta say about the album is that, outside of "fried chicken", i cant wait for the accapellas to come out. nas still has a terrible ear for beats.

i was right, i like the mixtape more than the album. pretty deflating to say the least, but then again, i havent had high hopes for a nas album in yrs. the man just has no clue from a musical standpoint and sounds akward on his beats.

seriously, why cant nas reach out to large pro, primo, L.E.S....pete rock, kev brown, etc. or actually keep a dj khalil song his album? ("esco lets go" bangs)?

the beats are so watered down and sugary that i cant finish most of the songs on the album no matter what nas has to say. sprinkle in some stupid hooks to go with the wack beats and its something i cant even ride to.

its a sad day in hip-hop if this is considered the best of the yr. im probably just some old fart whos ears cant adjust to todays hip-hop, but i cant see how some of yall actually enjoy these beats. theyre so bad that they make nas' raps forgettable.

all i gotta say about the album is that, outside of "fried chicken", i cant wait for the accapellas to come out. nas still has a terrible ear for beats.

i was right, i like the mixtape more than the album. pretty deflating to say the least, but then again, i havent had high hopes for a nas album in yrs. the man just has no clue from a musical standpoint and sounds akward on his beats.

seriously, why cant nas reach out to large pro, primo, L.E.S....pete rock, kev brown, etc. or actually keep a dj khalil song his album? ("esco lets go" bangs)?

the beats are so watered down and sugary that i cant finish most of the songs on the album no matter what nas has to say. sprinkle in some stupid hooks to go with the wack beats and its something i cant even ride to.

its a sad day in hip-hop if this is considered the best of the yr. im probably just some old fart whos ears cant adjust to todays hip-hop, but i cant see how some of yall actually enjoy these beats. theyre so bad that they make nas' raps forgettable.

I agree with almost everything you said, especially the production aspect of the album. The only reason I said this would be the best release of the year is by default. What has even dropped this year that was great? This is NOT one of Nas' best albums but with the current state of hip hop it still ends up being one of the best of '08. Hopefully the new Killer Mike album will be better. I know it has a chance to be.

I finally got the new In Flames album. It's a shame that every metal band seems to get softer over time, but it's still a great album. Actually kind of Ironic it's their softest album but first every album with a parental advisory sticker.

Also just started listening to Mastodon and I can't stop. Amazing band.

I finally got the new In Flames album. It's a shame that every metal band seems to get softer over time, but it's still a great album. Actually kind of Ironic it's their softest album but first every album with a parental advisory sticker.

It makes me sick. Just about every album I was lookin forward to was a disappointment

It makes me sick. Just about every album I was lookin forward to was a disappointment

Ya it sucks, I remember a few years ago when Slipknot released Subliminal Verses and after listening to it I was just like, Ok where did Slipknot go. It wasn't even a horrible album, but it wasn't Slipknot, who was one of my favorite bands at the time. Even Skinny Puppy (who isn't metal) when they released The Greater Wrong of Right completely changed their sound into a more commercial, faster sound. It was still a great album and luckily their last album they went back to more of their original sound. But they were the one group that I never would have thought would ever change their sound.

"Blood Mountain" is on constant rotation at the BigH home. B)

wow man. i can't really disagree more. i thought that about Street's Disciple, esp the 2nd disc, and on a few HHID, but I loooved the production on this album. I don't understand how "Nas fans" expect different than "laid back" beats. This is what Nas embodies. When I listen to a Nas album i don't wanna play it out loud and get amped up, never have. I wanna go home and chill, put on the headphones, dim the lights, and zone out. I listen to Nas for the powerful lyrics of a poet that makes other lyracists sound like children. It's sad you cannot get by the beats and listen to this album because the message is so powerful and meaningful. Finally a concept album from Nas instead of talking about blunts, the streets etc, when clearly he ain't living that lifestyle anymore.

But back to the production, you seriously don't like production such as Louis Farrakhan, Testify, N.I.G.*.E.R. You Cant Stop Us (sample many MC's such as Rza have used in the past)?? I just zone out on these and listen to the story or msg nas is tellin. imo his flow goes so well over these. I think ppl (not saying this is you, but perhaps) need to stop expecting Illmatic or IWW, it's never going to happen again. The production alone on these is old school 90's, if production stayed like that every decade it wouldnt be as vintage and amazing imo. Anyway i'm rambling, but i just cannot understand a Nas fan saying they didnt like THIS album, its perfect for a nas fan imo. laid back beats with nothing but knowledge being said. They don't take away from the lyrics which is the goal for a nas album, not making too busy beats that bump in the whip.

Assassinations, diplomatic relations

Killed indigenous people, built a new nation

Involuntary labor, took a knife split a womans navel

Took her premature baby, let her man see you rape her

If I could travel to the seventeen hundreds

I'd push a wheel-barrel full of dynamite through your covenant

Love to sit on the senate and tell the whole government

Yall dont treat women fair, she read about herself in the the bible

Believin she the reason sin is here

You played her, with an apron like bring me my dinner dear

She the zzzzzz here, aint we in the free world?

Death penalty in Texas kill young boys and girls

Barbarity, in the double R casually

Buggin how i made it out the hood dazzle me

How far are we really from third world savagery?

When the empire fall imagine how crazy that'll be...

B)

wow man. i can't really disagree more. i thought that about Street's Disciple, esp the 2nd disc, and on a few HHID, but I loooved the production on this album. I don't understand how "Nas fans" expect different than "laid back" beats. This is what Nas embodies. When I listen to a Nas album i don't wanna play it out loud and get amped up, never have. I wanna go home and chill, put on the headphones, dim the lights, and zone out. I listen to Nas for the powerful lyrics of a poet that makes other lyracists sound like children. It's sad you cannot get by the beats and listen to this album because the message is so powerful and meaningful. Finally a concept album from Nas instead of talking about blunts, the streets etc, when clearly he ain't living that lifestyle anymore.

But back to the production, you seriously don't like production such as Louis Farrakhan, Testify, N.I.G.*.E.R. You Cant Stop Us (sample many MC's such as Rza have used in the past)?? I just zone out on these and listen to the story or msg nas is tellin. imo his flow goes so well over these. I think ppl (not saying this is you, but perhaps) need to stop expecting Illmatic or IWW, it's never going to happen again. The production alone on these is old school 90's, if production stayed like that every decade it wouldnt be as vintage and amazing imo. Anyway i'm rambling, but i just cannot understand a Nas fan saying they didnt like THIS album, its perfect for a nas fan imo. laid back beats with nothing but knowledge being said. They don't take away from the lyrics which is the goal for a nas album, not making too busy beats that bump in the whip.

you saying that primo and others of his ilk cant produce laid back, chill beats? primo, pete rock and extra p's beats hit me like a metronome and make me completely zone out and really get me into the lyrics. to me, that style of heavy drummed, subtle jazz sample with chops, stabs and scratches based hip-hop suits nas to a T. hes got a grimey voice and a poetic, fragmented, non-sequitor style full of imagery. those "metronome" beats are perfect for him.

besides, nas will never sound right over hyped beats cuz his flow isnt that versatile.

nas' lyrics are guided, angry and on point. his flow is still effortless, but im not getting anything from them. im glad hes actually trying to say something, but in the end is he really saying you havent heard before? its like the dude is trying to be chuck D, but hes far from that. IOW, i disagree with your opinion that he's kicking "knowledge." its like socio-cultural bitching for dummies. have you actually ever heard him speak or try to explain his concepts outside of the studio? he sounds retarded, so i dont take him too seriously. but thats not a huge qualm of mine, at least hes saying something else. that being said, i stopped listening to hip-hop for the lyrics a LONG time ago. when it comes to MC's im more about voice, flow, cadence, cleverness, and patterns. nas still has that, so i still respect him as an MC. he just makes terrible albums cuz he has no ear for beats.

im not expecting another illmatic, im just expecting halfway decent beats that arent this bland and generic so i can actually make it through one of his songs.

BTW, that sample on "you cant stop us" has been used by at least 3 other mcs (doom, ill bill, rza...and more that i cant think of right now). that interpolation of the sample is the worst ive ever heard.

i loved 90s hip-hop. i grew up on that stuff so i still hold onto the genre even though i listen to all types of music. to me, that music was timeless and ages well becuz of the level of musicality and the raw, more organic quality of the hip-hop back then. nas' selection of beats (again, outside of "fried chicken") is typical of today's hip-hop. its robotic, synthetic, artificial and lacking in soul. the beats on this particular album are even worse becuz theyre so damn boring.

i'll wait for someone to do nas' mc'ing justice. this album is terrible.

Edited by ChillsWills

Lil Wayne's new Album = hot

While I'm not a Wayne fan at all, It wasnt as terrible as I thought it would be.

However

Carter I > Carter II > Carter III

damn man. i guess its all about opinion. i will give a more thorough response after i eat, cuz some comments shocked me. like u stopped listening to rap for the lyrics?? thats real sad man. why are you even a nas fan anymore that's why he is in hip hop. if you want everything BUT the lyrics, go listen to wayne rap about turning himself on like a TV or some other ridiculously childish meta.

there's so many verses and lines on this album that give me chills no lie. its not about preaching new knowledge bud. obviously EVERYTHING has already been preached and beaten to dead, but thats not what rap is solely. if you got mad everytime a rapper didn't teach you something new, you'd NEVER listen to rap. but the way he put this knowledge into verses, metaphors, wordplay, subliminal meanings, flow...this is a masterpiece on contemporary politics and america's oppression and its so refreshing to hear a rapper speak on these issues (other than underground mc's since they don't really have a voice of the ppl). and calling nas "dumb" because he cannot articulate his thoughts in an interview is pretty low and sad. the guys obviously a genius in crafting these subjects into verses and probably the greatest lyracist of all time when u look at all of his work. anyway i'll bb. and yes i know the samples been used a ton, mos def i think was another but i still love the sound of it.

you saying that primo and others of his ilk cant produce laid back, chill beats? primo, pete rock and extra p's beats hit me like a metronome and make me completely zone out and really get me into the lyrics. to me, that style of heavy drummed, subtle jazz sample with chops, stabs and scratches based hip-hop suits nas to a T. hes got a grimey voice and a poetic, fragmented, non-sequitor style full of imagery. those "metronome" beats are perfect for him.

besides, nas will never sound right over hyped beats cuz his flow isnt that versatile.

nas' lyrics are guided, angry and on point. his flow is still effortless, but im not getting anything from them. im glad hes actually trying to say something, but in the end is he really saying you havent heard before? its like the dude is trying to be chuck D, but hes far from that. IOW, i disagree with your opinion that he's kicking "knowledge." its like socio-cultural bitching for dummies. have you actually ever heard him speak or try to explain his concepts outside of the studio? he sounds retarded, so i dont take him too seriously. but thats not a huge qualm of mine, at least hes saying something else. that being said, i stopped listening to hip-hop for the lyrics a LONG time ago. when it comes to MC's im more about voice, flow, cadence, cleverness, and patterns. nas still has that, so i still respect him as an MC. he just makes terrible albums cuz he has no ear for beats.

im not expecting another illmatic, im just expecting halfway decent beats that arent this bland and generic so i can actually make it through one of his songs.

BTW, that sample on "you cant stop us" has been used by at least 3 other mcs (doom, ill bill, rza...and more that i cant think of right now). that interpolation of the sample is the worst ive ever heard.

i loved 90s hip-hop. i grew up on that stuff so i still hold onto the genre even though i listen to all types of music. to me, that music was timeless and ages well becuz of the level of musicality and the raw, more organic quality of the hip-hop back then. nas' selection of beats (again, outside of "fried chicken") is typical of today's hip-hop. its robotic, synthetic, artificial and lacking in soul. the beats on this particular album are even worse becuz theyre so damn boring.

i'll wait for someone to do nas' mc'ing justice. this album is terrible.

again to the kicking knowledge point. is he bringing totally new information for me to learn?? no my capitalism class and politics courses have covered this material, nevermind the news. but if you think that most of his listeners are already well informed on these topics, I'd have to disagree. not everyone is "current" and read's the news, follows up on politics, or stops and thinks about how certain races or gender's are treated by the higher powers. i'm sure LOTS of listeners are actually educated a enough to actually search on their own and learn more. take "louis farrakhan" for example. if this track never came out I would have never known who he was or what his significance was. not that *that's* very important, just giving an example.

but no i'm more interested in *how* he puts together certain topics. and yes i do listen to the lyrics so i *do* get tired of the same subject material over and over from certain rappers (i don't think there's a clipse track made without a coke reference), so it was refreshing to hear. and lyrically (not subject matter, but flow, rhymes, etc) this has been his strongest album in quite some time, maybe since stillmatic. i felt he was much more engergized (eg. tracks like america, sly fox, louis farrakhan, hero, etc he rips the track into pieces, nasty nas stuff) and put a lot more work into organizing his verses/words. so its pretty sad that you as a nas fan will not even listen to him for the lyrics (which is worth the price of all of his albums ALONE).

and of course primo beats, large professor, pete rock etc etc are legends who are the best in what they do. and yeah i'd obviously be lying if i said i didn't wish he got the whole gang off illmatic again to see what it'd sound like. BUT that doesnt mean i cannot appreciate anyone else's beats and truth be told, i LOVED the production on this album. and i'm a production 'whore' who won't listen to talib or az half the time cuz i cannot STAND their beats. i get where you're coming from. but can't see that on here. outside of the chris brown track, there's not ONE track that gives me an itch to press skip. and lacking in soul?? so "testify" doesn't have soul?? you can't stop us now?? project roach? louis farrakhan isn't soul but has like an 80's vibe or somethin to it. anyway, i agree obviously theres much more use of a synth instead of soulful instruments, but i can still vibe to a synth..it's ony one aspect of the production. lotta old school west coast used synths, its not like its just a new age thing. and you used "robotic"...are you hearing the same album as me?? this is FAR from robotic, its smooooth. real smooth too. anyway i'm not gonna obviously change your mind on the album, its all subjective. but i think it's great album, and some of his best work in years, and definetly one of the best albums i've heard from hip hop in some time. to each's own i guess.

Edited by MiggyManCrush

It's like you know me... The Hip Hop is Dead album has definitely had that effect on me. Haven't heard too much of the new stuff yet, though.

While I'm not a Wayne fan at all, It wasnt as terrible as I thought it would be.

However

Carter I > Carter II > Carter III

It should be a well known fact that Wayne recycles his stuff so much it sounds so much the same. I don't understand how people think he's the best.

I freakin got R.E.M.'s only good song "Losing my Religion" stuck in my ahead. I like it, but it's just gettin annoying right now!!!