SwisherHouse

What are you listening to?

I saw the Foo Fighters in concert the other night. Not bad. I was a little disappointed with the order of their playlist, but it was a good show nonetheless.

I saw them in a bar about 6 years ago. Awesome show. Dave Grohl was on top of the bar pounding beers when there would be a solo. He won my respect.

so anyone hear any songs off games L.A.X. besides the singles that were already released? its comming out in 2 weeks so it should get leaked pretty soon

so anyone hear any songs off games L.A.X. besides the singles that were already released? its comming out in 2 weeks so it should get leaked pretty soon

I've heard all off L.A.X. and I wasnt really impressed at all. "My Life" is a great track and nothing really came close to that. The constant name dropping in every song and the fact that The Game is heavily relying on featured artists on this album reaffirms my thought that he will never outdo "The Documentary", and that was as much 50's album as his. Take a look at the tracklist. 3 songs without a guest. I think he even realizes that he cant make an album by himself.

01. Intro (Prayer By DMX) (Produced By Ervin “EP” Pope)

02. LAX Files (Produced By Jonathan “J.R.” Rotem)

03. State of Emergency (Feat. Ice Cube) (Produced By Jonathan “J.R.” Rothem)

04. Bulletproof Diaries (Feat. Raekwon) (Produced By Jelly Roll)

05. My Life (Feat. Lil Wayne) (Produced By Cool & Dre)

06. Money (Produced By Cool & Dre)

07. Cali Sunshine (Feat. Bilal) (Produced By Nottz)

08. Ya Heard (Feat. Ludacris) (Produced By Nottz)

09. Hard Liquor (Interlude) (Produced By Ervin “EP” Pope)

10. House Of Pain (Produced By DJ Toomp)

11. Gentleman’s Affair (Feat. Ne-Yo) (Produced By Jonathan “J.R.” Rothem)

12. Let Us Live (Feat. Chrisette Michelle) (Produced By Scott Storch)

13. Touchdown (Feat. Raheem DaVaughn) (Produced By 1500 or Nothin’)

14. Angel (Feat. Common) (Produced By Kanye West)

15. Never Can Say Goodbye (Feat. Latoiya Williams) (Produced By Ervin “EP” Pope)

16. Dope Boys (Feat. Travis Barker) (Produced By 1500 or Nothin’)

17. Game’s Pain (Feat. Keyshia Cole) (Produced By Knobody & Dahoud)

18. Letter to the King (Feat. Nas) (Produced By Hi-Tek)

19. Outro (Feat. DMX) (Produced By Ervin “EP” Pope)

I've heard all off L.A.X. and I wasnt really impressed at all. "My Life" is a great track and nothing really came close to that. The constant name dropping in every song and the fact that The Game is heavily relying on featured artists on this album reaffirms my thought that he will never outdo "The Documentary", and that was as much 50's album as his. Take a look at the tracklist. 3 songs without a guest. I think he even realizes that he cant make an album by himself.

01. Intro (Prayer By DMX) (Produced By Ervin "EP" Pope)

02. LAX Files (Produced By Jonathan "J.R." Rotem)

03. State of Emergency (Feat. Ice Cube) (Produced By Jonathan "J.R." Rothem)

04. Bulletproof Diaries (Feat. Raekwon) (Produced By Jelly Roll)

05. My Life (Feat. Lil Wayne) (Produced By Cool & Dre)

06. Money (Produced By Cool & Dre)

07. Cali Sunshine (Feat. Bilal) (Produced By Nottz)

08. Ya Heard (Feat. Ludacris) (Produced By Nottz)

09. Hard Liquor (Interlude) (Produced By Ervin "EP" Pope)

10. House Of Pain (Produced By DJ Toomp)

11. Gentleman's Affair (Feat. Ne-Yo) (Produced By Jonathan "J.R." Rothem)

12. Let Us Live (Feat. Chrisette Michelle) (Produced By Scott Storch)

13. Touchdown (Feat. Raheem DaVaughn) (Produced By 1500 or Nothin')

14. Angel (Feat. Common) (Produced By Kanye West)

15. Never Can Say Goodbye (Feat. Latoiya Williams) (Produced By Ervin "EP" Pope)

16. Dope Boys (Feat. Travis Barker) (Produced By 1500 or Nothin')

17. Game's Pain (Feat. Keyshia Cole) (Produced By Knobody & Dahoud)

18. Letter to the King (Feat. Nas) (Produced By Hi-Tek)

19. Outro (Feat. DMX) (Produced By Ervin "EP" Pope)

where did you hear it? and to counter your point most of these featured artists are probably only singing the hooks right? nowadays that happens all the time in rap/hiphop especially with female singers. and travis barker only plays the drums in dope boys.

should i start naming them tracks? let's just start with 'Renegade' for now...

i personally can't agree with you much. lol in fact i think jay's lyrics are the worst part of his success. he's probably the best 'song-maker' hip hop has ever seen. but it has more to do with his beat selection, choruses, flow, etc. I think his lyrics are average at best. In fact he admits in his tracks he dumbs down his lyrics in order to double his dollars. He's become a pop MC imo and for that he's lost a ton of respect from me. and there are TONS of Jay verses that are far from incredible lol. eh just my opinion though. his flow tho is still one of the greats ever.

and jay goat really??? doesnt even make my top 20 LYRICALLY. but if you're talking who makes the best *mainstream* hip hop tracks ever, obviously jay.

He may not be the best lyrically, but im my mind he is still the best. Even I am gonna always listen to a guy like Nas or Little Brother when im in my room in deep thought or tryin to relax, but I think the GOAT has to be soooo versatile he can do anything. Nas cannot make a "Big Pimpin" like Jay did. A guy like Talib could not flip "Money Cash Hoes" like Jay did. A guy like Rakim would have trouble makin a "Girls Girls Girls". There are not many tracks in hip hop history that I can think of that Jay wouldnt have been able to flip his own way, and not make better. If its not Jay, its Biggie. I dont think there are any other candidates.

should i start naming them tracks? let's just start with 'Renegade' for now...

i personally can't agree with you much. lol in fact i think jay's lyrics are the worst part of his success. he's probably the best 'song-maker' hip hop has ever seen. but it has more to do with his beat selection, choruses, flow, etc. I think his lyrics are average at best. In fact he admits in his tracks he dumbs down his lyrics in order to double his dollars. He's become a pop MC imo and for that he's lost a ton of respect from me. and there are TONS of Jay verses that are far from incredible lol. eh just my opinion though. his flow tho is still one of the greats ever.

and jay goat really??? doesnt even make my top 20 LYRICALLY. but if you're talking who makes the best *mainstream* hip hop tracks ever, obviously jay.

and yea, you got me with "Renegade"..

where did you hear it? and to counter your point most of these featured artists are probably only singing the hooks right? nowadays that happens all the time in rap/hiphop especially with female singers. and travis barker only plays the drums in dope boys.

A blog I visit always gets things a couple weeks early. Only the clean version has leaked so far, so the unedited retail version should be any day. I will PM you the link.

anyone hear pro tools by gza yet? i heard paper plate which is a 50 cent diss and its pretty good.

He may not be the best lyrically, but im my mind he is still the best. Even I am gonna always listen to a guy like Nas or Little Brother when im in my room in deep thought or tryin to relax, but I think the GOAT has to be soooo versatile he can do anything. Nas cannot make a "Big Pimpin" like Jay did. A guy like Talib could not flip "Money Cash Hoes" like Jay did. A guy like Rakim would have trouble makin a "Girls Girls Girls". There are not many tracks in hip hop history that I can think of that Jay wouldnt have been able to flip his own way, and not make better. If its not Jay, its Biggie. I dont think there are any other candidates.

altho i agree with u that guys like nas and talib cannot make a big pimpin or money cash hoes, can Jay make a one mic?? can jay make a sly fox? the answer is a clear no...nas is just on another level lyrically. no he cant make mainstream tracks like jay, no one can...but jay can't touch nas on any conscious level either or tell a story like 'undying love' like nas, or a concept track like rewind...so for me i can live without the big pimpin type pop tracks. but yeah if i'm wantin to get up for somethin, like get my predrink on, i obv cant listen to a conscious rapper.

anyone hear pro tools by gza yet? i heard paper plate which is a 50 cent diss and its pretty good.

i'm downloading it right now...at 30% B)

as for LAX, def waiting for the dirty/retail.

also my bud just sent me an album from an australian rap duo Hilltop Hoods - The Hard Road...sh-ts pretty dope, kinda caught me off guard. been playin it the last 2 days or so. heres a couple tracks off the album

altho i agree with u that guys like nas and talib cannot make a big pimpin or money cash hoes, can Jay make a one mic?? can jay make a sly fox? the answer is a clear no...nas is just on another level lyrically. no he cant make mainstream tracks like jay, no one can...but jay can't touch nas on any conscious level either or tell a story like 'undying love' like nas, or a concept track like rewind...so for me i can live without the big pimpin type pop tracks. but yeah if i'm wantin to get up for somethin, like get my predrink on, i obv cant listen to a conscious rapper.

Hell yeah, he could. But to a lesser degree, of course. I always thought Nas was a better lyricist, but Jay's not that far off either. Nas has always been the deeper type, full of thought provoking lyrics, which is a strong reason why he never really was accepted by the masses. Jay chased the big bucks while still providing some sound lyrical content. Yes, Nas is deeper with his flows, but I think Jay's versatile enough to come up with some stuff like that.

I listened to it for the 3rd time today, and I dont think its as bad as I originally though. "My Life" destroys everything on the album just on the production and the brilliant hook sung by Wayne. "L.A.X. Files", "Money" "Angel" w/ Common, "Never Can Say Goodbye", and "Letter To The King" w/ Nas are the albums highlights IMO. There isnt much after those tracks though.

I listened to Badfish, a Sublime tribute band. They were awesome! I had never heard of them. I just found out they're playing at Patriot Place in Foxboro, MA on 9/6. I'm definitely checking out that show.

Currently listening to Staind- The Illusion of Progress

I listened to it for the 3rd time today, and I dont think its as bad as I originally though. "My Life" destroys everything on the album just on the production and the brilliant hook sung by Wayne. "L.A.X. Files", "Money" "Angel" w/ Common, "Never Can Say Goodbye", and "Letter To The King" w/ Nas are the albums highlights IMO. There isnt much after those tracks though.

i listened to some songs off lax on youtube. i really like angel the beat is really hot on that one. letter to the king is really good to. game does a great biggie impression on never can say goodbye. of course the 1st 2 singles games pain and my life are both good too.

i dont get why people have a problem with games name dropping. its his style theres nothing wrong with it.

How about the new Metallica? Are they back? It sounds a lot like "One" with lesser quality lyrics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UNfNpjWz-Y

Kirk Hammett is making up for all the missing solos on St Anger...the last half of the song is a shred fest.

The song's pretty good, i goes in and out b/w a new style and their older style. Some parts just sound awkward though. It's definatly a big improvement over St. Anger. And may i speak for everyone when i say "THANK GOD KIRK'S SOLO'S ARE BACK".

Definitely need some good new rock.....Im getting bored with the same old stuff on my iPod

Who do you have/like?

I probably have some stuff you'd like.

[Jeezy]HAHAAAAAAAAAHHH...YEEEEEEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH[/Jeezy]

new jeezy leaked yesterday. i'm so hooked on his production and he is my absolute favourite in the ipod when running. not intended for lyrics tho..

just set a personal best on the track to some of his new tracks...couple of my favourites..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2hoUkY5Vp8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7OrGj3yshw

[Jeezy]HAHAAAAAAAAAHHH...YEEEEEEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH[/Jeezy]

new jeezy leaked yesterday. i'm so hooked on his production and he is my absolute favourite in the ipod when running. not intended for lyrics tho..

just set a personal best on the track to some of his new tracks...couple of my favourites..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2hoUkY5Vp8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7OrGj3yshw

"Who Dat" is my favorite off this album. Shawty Redd owned this track, in my opinion. He's always been one of my favorite producers, and this is one of his best tracks. It's hard to believe the same guy produced this song and "Sensual Seduction" for snoop. It shows how great he really is.

"Who Dat" is my favorite off this album. Shawty Redd owned this track, in my opinion. He's always been one of my favorite producers, and this is one of his best tracks. It's hard to believe the same guy produced this song and "Sensual Seduction" for snoop. It shows how great he really is.

really eh. i know a lot of ppl that agree with u on that track. but personally i wasn't feeling it. i love so many of shawty redd's productions but that wasn't one of em..just cant get into it. either way this cd's bumpin right now can't get enough of it. tunes are stuck in my head. it's nice to get an album like this i can pretty much play all the way thru and enjoy myself.

game's album i was disappointed in, production anyway. i thought his first 2 albums were waaay better. def some nice cuts like my life, letter to the king, cali sunshine, angel, dope boys, money...i duno, there's some songs i like, but theres also some REALLY wack tracks i cannot stand (ie. touchdown, never can say goodbye, etc). i really liked his first 2 albums and they both get play from me still, but this album i dont see a lot replay.