SwisherHouse

What are you listening to?

Hahah well this seems to be more of a rap and R&B thread than anything, so does any like people under the stairs?

Hip Hop > Rap

Hip Hop > Rap

Sorry i'm not up to date on my genre in anything besides deathcore.

This Kanye album has got me sitting here never wanting a girlfriend again.

Just wondering because I've heard it's quite good, but is that album mostly Kanye trying to sing, or does he actually have some good rap tracks on there?

Sepultura

Yeah, I probably should have specified that it wasn't really a collaboration with Kanye. More that Kanye was involved with one track. B)

I love the new album. Just wish it was longer but then again, there isn't much Common puts out that I don't. I think he was an awesome lyricist and combining that with the Neptunes making some pretty sick beats, I think it is a nice up beat album. Kind of weird to hear Common rapping so much about women though, some of is lyrics are pretty weird but such is he.

word i agree with you that the album BANGS. it's not as good as his albums produced by kanye imo, but still pretty solid stuff. much different vibe, more dance feel to it, but i thought most of the tracks worked quite well. a few misses however, but all in all a solid 7.8 or so imo. u can always count on common to drop some fire and he's one of the more consistent artists in the game. ghost is another that is pretty much guaranteed to drop an album u can listen to front to back.

Edited by MiggyManCrush

808s and heartbreak is beginning to grow on me. originally i didnt like his new auto-tune style, but im getting used to it and alot of the songs are starting to click for me

PlayRadioPlay! - Compliment Each Other Like Colors

It's on the NHL '08 game sound track. The rare time when EA didn't ruin a song for me, quite the contrary.

Got a clash of styles in rotation at the moment:

The '59 Sound by The Gaslight Anthem- My favorite rock record of 2008. From to start to finish just a fantastic album. A few of the tracks that standout to me are

, &
. Highly recommended for rock fans and non-rock fans alike.

Leave It All Behind by The Foreign Exchange- I finally got around to giving this a spin, and man, it's disappointing. Just pales in comparison to Connected, their incredible record from '03 or 04' I believe. I'm a giving it a few chances to see if it starts to grow on me but eh.

and
are the few songs that I'm even remotely enjoying. Oh well, back to Connected.

Got a clash of styles in rotation at the moment:

The '59 Sound by The Gaslight Anthem- My favorite rock record of 2008. From to start to finish just a fantastic album. A few of the tracks that standout to me are

, &
. Highly recommended for rock fans and non-rock fans alike.

Can't stand them at all. It's just not my type. You might be the first person I've seen publicly approve of them. While there's nothing wrong with that, I'm still surprised

I'm listening to the artist who I think is the favorite to create the best album of 2009: Kid Cudi. Dude is amazing. If Kanye and Cudi write and produce the entire album by themselves it could be a definite classic. The crazy thing about Cudi is that he is just as good a singer and songwriter as he is an MC (Cudi wrote over half of 808's and heartbreaks for Kanye). His style probably isnt for everyone, but try and check out his mixtape "A Kid Named Cudi".

Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion. I've been into this band for some time, and it's nice to see them getting wider acclaim and rave reviews for this one. It's psychedelic, for sure, but it's some stellar tunes.

Man I found this sick live video of whitechapel and I can't stop listening to it.

Man I found this sick live video of whitechapel and I can't stop listening to it.

it was pretty easy for me

it was pretty easy for me

Do you have speakers on your computer?

I've been working on an acoustic playlist for my iPod. Mostly songs I already have, but throwing all the acoustic versions of those songs in one spot.

Im up to about 40 songs now, too many to list

I'm listening to the artist who I think is the favorite to create the best album of 2009: Kid Cudi. Dude is amazing. If Kanye and Cudi write and produce the entire album by themselves it could be a definite classic. The crazy thing about Cudi is that he is just as good a singer and songwriter as he is an MC (Cudi wrote over half of 808's and heartbreaks for Kanye). His style probably isnt for everyone, but try and check out his mixtape "A Kid Named Cudi".

Day N Nite Crookers Remix is one that always is on when we are partying. That song is pretty sick.

Eric Prydz - Pjanoo

Sharam - Texi

That's all I need to hear for now.

I have been listening to a lot of early 2000's late 90's music. Shyne's first album, Talib Kweli...This is all stuff that i listened to in high school, really brings back memories. What are some of you all's favorite tracks or albums from this time period?